“Views don't get much better than this”
Review of La Guardiola

La Guardiola
Reserve with
La Guardiola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "La Guardiola", is the name of the new lounge bar of Monticchiello, which, in conjunction with the B & B La casa di Adelina, offers to locals and visitors of Val d'Orcia a service worthy of a breathtaking and unique in the world that is part of UNESCO from2002 ...In front of the large garden, from the terrace of Guardiola, you can relax in the shade of a wonderful centuries-old ficaia tasting some of the labels of the most famous wines. Morellino, Chianti, Nobile di Montepulciano and Brunello di Montalcino are just some of our bottles that you can uncork.Inside the bar you will find Serena and Giacomo, who will advise the best year for you and prepare delicious food for lunch or snack ... From "mouth-watering". at La Guardiola you can find the true Pecorino from Pienza, ham, salami and sliced of "cinta senese".Alternatively you can enjoy a drink cocktail made with only the best distillates of the most famous American bar.To all the customers of B & B La casa di Adelina will be offered a welcome drink upon arrival at Monticchiello.do not hesitate to contact us we are always at your disposal
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I'm loath to write this review since I'd prefer to keep this bar a well-kept secret. We've been regular visitors to this little gem for many years. The setting is perfect for simple food with wonderful views. It has recently come under new management and the new young owners are trying to modernise whilst retaining the basic charm of the place. Attentive service, good food, interesting artisan beers - and that view. Not to be missed.

GuardiolaLoungeBar, Proprietario at La Guardiola, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello Philip B, thank you for the nice review !! It 'just this idea that we want to give about ourselves and our business: the great respect for a unique place in the world combined with the utmost professionalism and customers’ care with great courtesy and high quality Italian products .. thank you for appreciated our work and I would recommend: spread the word ... but not too much ... must remain a little secret ...

Greetings from la Guardiola Lounge Bar !

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Giacomo and La Guardiola saved my life.

Okay, that may be a bit dramatic, but it isnt too far from the truth.

This past June and July I spent 10 days in the charming (quiet) little medieval village of Monticchiello I nearly ran out of gas getting there. The next morning we walked down to La Guardiola for coffee (I learned to love Italian coffee at La Guardiola) and found Giacomo. He graciously told us the back way (down a chalk-like dirt road) to the closest gas station in Montipulciano. He even gave us his phone number in case we ran out of gas and needed a ride.

After the emergency was averted we spent the day in Montipulciano and once we arrived back in Monticchiello and I went back to La Guardiola to thank Giacomo and to have a glass of the locally produced wine.

Soon after the wine arrived, so did a plate of antipasti.

Monticchiello has no cell or wifi service - unless you are at La Gardiola - and my partner who I left at home was not too happy he couldn't get in touch with me whenever he wanted.

Giacomo DID save my life a second time by gaving me his wifi password soI was able to communicate with the outside world each morning with my coffee and each evening with my wine.

Giacomo, Serena and and the patio at La Guradiola became my favorite habit in Monticchiello - and the photo I am uploading with this review has been blown up to 20in by 60 in and is now hanging above my bed! If you click on it make sure you view the enitre thing.....

3  Thank Chris W
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Val d'Orcia is a Unesco World heritage site and from the terrace of La Guardiola you can look south west across the most beautiful view in the world, to Montalcino and Pienza. As the shadows lengthen the colours change and the sun sets, you can eat great, simple dishes, local fresh produce, lovingly prepared by the Sarena, (who very kindly helped me with my Italian homework). This is not a restaurant but an Italian bar with simple food. There are a range of local wines and exciting new artiginale beers as well as "specials" (white wine and campari !) and cocktails equal to any Ian Schrager bar. A great place to have lunch or simple meal and settle into a Tuscan time and experience paradise.

1  Thank bob_architect
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you visit Monticchiello, and you should, the trip wouldn't be complete without a drink from this reinvigorated bar and food stop. If you time it right you can enjoy your drink seated on the benches opposite as the sun sets magnificently over the Val d'orcia and Pienza. The relatively new owner of 5 months brought over delicious nibbles, which was unexpected and showed off his natural hospitality. It was an aperitif to rival anywhere before dinner at a local restaurant, but on a return visit we wouldn't bother with restaurant dining and just sample more of the excellent and simply done menu of La Guardiola.

2  Thank M_D_McL
GuardiolaLoungeBar, Proprietario at La Guardiola, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2014

Hello M_D_McL, sorry for the late answer... we are honored for his good experience with us,at La Guardiola. The aperitif for us is a very important moment and we do everything to make it a unique experience with the complicity of the beauty that our sunset offers... even if we see it everyday we are always amazed at all times! Is for this reason that in addition to the drinks we offer to all our guests Tuscan appetizers freshly prepared.
If he wants to stay with us for dinner we would be pleased to introduce our Tuscan specialties such as the mix of pecorino cheese with honey and pears.
Greetings from la Guardiola !

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in stunning Monticchiello today and popped into La Guardiola orginially for just a drink. Upon seeing the delicious plates of food on the table next to us we had to sample some too!! The food was excellent, the service was great and the views were amazing!! You must try the Burrata - it's so creamy!!