My wife had booked a special dinner for two, the package included an overnight stay and leisure facilities. Our room was en suite with a very comfortable four poster bed. Champagne, chocolates and robes were all included. All fixtures and fittings were high end.
We sat in the bar for a short before being shown in for our 8.00pm reservation.
Ahead of us was four couse meal with plenty of variety. Initially we thought that the portions were on the small side, that proved to be our undoing haha!
Highlights were hummous and chili, dauphinoise potatoes, prawn/chive sauce, vanilla brulee.
There was also an extensive wine cellar list.
We got to our in a desperate effort to work off some of those calories, okay... it was going to take half a day in the spa to make any headway on that subject.
We woke up refreshed after a comfortable nights sleep still feeling more than a little full.
Skipping breakfast, we decided to hit the 18 foot heated indoor pool. In the spa complex there was a host of activitities and treatments to indulge yourself including oil wraps, mud chambers, dry floatation etc.
We were pleasently surprised to find we didn't have pluck up courage to plunge ourselves into a 'nearly' heated pool as it was maintained over the 20 degree celsius mark.
Next we tried out the swedish, then the aromatherapy sauna. Hands up, we gave the gym a miss...perhaps next time.
Throughout our complete stay there were always helpful staff available and great attention to detail with a slice of humour thrown in. The fact that this hotel and spa has a huge core of members, does not suprise. Ahh, is that another birthday we can celebrate , I see.......?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairlawns is a family owned and operated independent and individual 4 star property. We offer proper hospitality across our facilities which include 60 4 star bedrooms (with suite upgrades available), award-winning restaurant, luxurious spa, adult health club (open to all residents), extensive events facilities and landscaped grounds complement our family and long service team run hotel. We have a central location just outside Walsall (20 minutes north of Birmingham) and are close to Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield and Wolverhampton. Bedrooms all offer the modern facilities that you would expect. Free parking, Free Wi-fi and free health club membership. We welcome guests looking to celebrate occasions, relax, rest and rejuvinate. Business or pleasure we hope to offer hospitality that makes you feel valued and that keeps people saying the nicest things about Fairlawns ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairlawns Hotel And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairlawns Hotel And Aldridge
- Fairlawns Hotel Aldridge
- Fairlawns Hotel And Spa Aldridge, Walsall, UK