“Room for improvement”

Plough & Harrow
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Aldridge
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An idyllic retreat set in beautiful country house-style surroundings,The Plough & Harrow serves a menu of gourmet European recipes. Trained in high-class cookery schools in Spain and Italy, the chefs bring a wealth of experience, and demonstrate knowledge of a breadth of classic and complex cooking techniques. Partnering with Rothschild wine merchants, guests can choose a bottle from the well-stocked cellar.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

DRinks well over priced, I guess to suit the wan Abe's from the surrounding area's

Confused young bar staff on my visit need more training. unfortunate as the layout inside is very nice. Impressive coat of arms over fire place and welcoming open fire.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good food, nicely prepared and presented, good selection of beers and wines,
Friendly staff. Nice ambience for a lunchtime treat.
Old style pub, low beams and cottagey feel to it.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I normally steer clear of pub Sunday roast. This time i wish I hadn't! The food I had was great pub food but the Sunday roast was fabulous. I tried the beef, which was thickly cut without being too chunky. It had a wonderful flavour and was exceptionally tender.

Good atmosphere in the pub and restaurant, good amount of space between tables, so didn't feel crowded by other tables. Real flowers on the tables was a nice touch.

The wait staff were also very knowledgeable about the menu and, when asked about a couple of dishes, gave a full and accurate description. Also helped with the wine list.

If you're in the area on a Sunday I wholly recommend.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Went to the Plough on a recommendation from my friend who useually doesn't make mistakes when recommending places to eat. Although we have had a drink many times at the Plough this is the first time we have had something to eat.
The sharing platter (sticky BBQ ribs etc was first class, no problem at all so we were both looking forward to our main course.
I had ordered the rib eye steak and my wife a prawn chilli pasta dish. The pasta dish was passable but had an appreciable amount of chilli in it;now the problem meal. My meat was almost completetly round,about a quarter of an inch thick and looked like a McDonalds oversize burger.
Now it was supposed to have been hung for twenty eight days, it looked as though it had been hammered to within an inch of its life for 20 of the 28 days!!!.
it had the consistancy of a burger and the meat just crumbled (the best way I can describe it) as soon as I started to eat it.
At £20.00, I think its one of the most expensive main courses it offered no value for money at all. The peppercorn source that I ordered with it was as thin as water, just a packet made up with water I presume? wheres the expertise in that!.
Not at all good and I don't complain ,I just put my experiance on these pages and vote with my feet and money. If you want a good steak don't come here, Miller & Carter is not far away and further afield try the Coach & Horses & The Crown at Abbots Bromley.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I think this pub has more potential. it is in need for a refurbishment of some sort as the decor is dated. a nice pub none the less.