Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
4,579 results
All reviewsthani wingjunior suitecoconut barfisherman's wharfchom talaymassage ladiesocean frontsiam smiletuk tukkids clubthai restaurantkata townmini martrelaxing holidaygames roomour honeymoonmonsoon season
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We arrived late at night after my Husband spending the last few days before unwell on Phi Phi Island. We were greeted with the usual welcome drink and flowers. The lobby is beautiful, and the staff seemed welcoming.
We were very hungry so we went and ate at the overpriced buffet, which was no where near as good as any of the others we had eaten at. We did not spend much time in our room before going to dinner, although being our honeymoon we were greeted with the usual rose petals.
We went for a walk after eating to find that the location was not overly great. We were in Koh Samui, a week prior and we absolutely loved it! Phuket was not what we expected. Well Kata was not.
The room was old, mouldy, unclean and the air con was broken (the heat was at peak and air con is a must) it caused condensation on the windows, which in time must have rubbed on the curtains and made them mouldy. The bed was in bad condition and bathroom seemed dirty (i ended up having to wear shoes in the shower)
In the morning after a bad sleep, we went downstairs and asked if we could be moved to a different room, as we were unhappy about where we were staying. We were advised No we could not as the whole hotel was booked out and there was no option. We went upstairs (very dissapointed) and sat on the bed and discussed what we wanted to do- we were determined not to stay here. About 10 mins later some RANDOM man walked into our room, no knocking, shoes on (against Thai custom) checked the power and walked out. Not sating a word.
After hours of waiting and calls back to our Australian travel agent, the manager FINALLY agreed to come to our room and inspect what our concerns were, she offered us one of the same rooms (which was the same) or we could get a full refund and leave. Which was what we ended up doing. We were transferred to a lovely 5 star Hotel called 'Movenpick' which was FANTASTIC.
I am sorry that we were in the small minority that did not enjoy our stay at Katathani, but we both strongly believe that the reviews we see on the website are for the newer rooms. Not for the older Junior Suits.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AnitaLouise92
Katathani1, Guest Relations Manager at Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear AnitaLouise92,

I regret that your stay with us didn’t meet your expectation, neither did the location.

I would like to apologize for our staff just entering your room without knocking the door, or taking off his shoes, I can guarantee that this is not our standard. I did report this matter to our Management and we will make sure this won’t happen again. Surely in a tropical surrounding heat and humidity are sometimes an issue. When a problem happens, we always do our best to fix it as soon as possible. In your case we’ve got the record of our engineering repairing it as fast as possible. However I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Your complaint regarding the room cleanliness are taken seriously and will be investigated. This is absolutely not our standard service, and I do truly apologize for it. We offered you an upgrade to the next room category, with a special price condition as well there was an option to stay at our sister hotel The Shore. Unfortunately you didn’t accept our offers.
Finally, I would like to kindly inform you that on 1 October 2013, all of our Junior Suites are completely renovated, therefore we hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to Katathani in the near future!

Yours sincerely
Customer Relations Manager

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The sea is not good for swimming or surfing because of the heavy storm and wave. But the 800 meters long private beach is beautiful and comfortable to walk along. To be honest, the sightseeing on the beach is much more beautiful than any other public beach, and it is important that you don't have to worry about your personal belongings while swimming in the pool beside the sea.

All the staffs are nice and friendly and all the restaurants offer yummy food. We arrived in the middle night, the welcome drink was really tasty. Our room had a perfect sea view and I really enjoyed sitting on the lawn doing nothing. We stayed here for 3 days and then moved to Patong beach, but obviously Kata beach left us the most amazing memories.

The breakfast is yummy. Among the six restaurants of the hotel I love Fisherman Wharf most. It is right beside the sea and offers a lot of fresh seafood. It feels totally amazing when a couple of singers came to our table and sang a Chinese song for us. So do not hesitate if you are asked about your hometown and just enjoy the song, oh still you should better give some tips to them.

What I feel inconvenient is that the reception is not as thoughtful as it should be, and the location of the hotel. I hurt my knee at the 2nd day, it was late that the pharmacy house outside the hotel closed early, so I went to the reception desk to ask if they had any kind of medicine to relief my pain, but the staff said no and suggested me walk 20 minutes to buy medicine at 7-11, using my hurt leg...

Anyway it's a good staying there, and it will definitely be my 3 top choices if I will go back to Phuket.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Candice S
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We chose Katathani Beach Resort because of its location to the surf beach. We took our 3 teenage boys and they surfed while we were in our sun lounges in the resort.The surf is only there in the monsoon season so in amongst the good days there were plenty of bad weather days. The beach is certainly not safe for swimming in the monsoon season so we did feel sorry for alot of people who wanted to swim and kept being told to get out of the water.Apparently the rest of the year it is very calm. The resort itself is very nice and huge and you could possible eat there and get massages and never leave apart from organised tours. But it is a little bit isolated with only a little strip of shops behind which include maybe 3 local restaurants a few massage shops, a tailor , a gift shop and mini mart. Kata is only a taxi ride away. Ww did use the games room alot with a pool table and table tennis table and the gym which was well equipped. There was never any problems getting a chair by the pool and the massages or manicures by the pool were reasonable priced.

Room Tip: We had third floor rooms in the Thani wing which had beautiful views, we had to have 2 rooms as we had a family of 5, did not have adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tripsaway0502
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel delivers everything I want after a 14 hour flight from the UK.Stayed in a Junior Suite in the Ocean Wing.Great rooms,great views of the sea.At the moment it is high tide and I could sit and watch the waves crashing only metres from my room.Their sound hides the a/c at night.
Wonderful staff,so attentive,always smiling and greeting you as you walk through the well kept gardens.Plenty of provision for past-times too and a well kept gym.
Very quiet beach and location-just a few local minimarkets,tailors and restaurants-we used the Orchid .The hotel is isolated but that brings you the relaxation you want on holiday

Room Tip: Ocean Wing around 2211 -good views along the beach
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cobnarowl
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our surprise honeymoon in Thailand was fabulous thanks to this beautiful, slighly remote hotel. Fantastic staff, service and quality hotel. The beach was so pristine. We could not fault the onsite restaurant food (Cinnamon & Chomtalay) for breakfast and dinner buffets. Close enough to walk to Kata Beach and town (15mins) or pay 200THB for a 5 minute tuk tuk ride.

Perfect for honeymooners or those wanting a quiet retreat.

Room Tip: We upgraded from the Bhuri Wing to the Thai Wing and opted for an Ocean View room. Best decision ever. Even during a monsoon, it was a perfect view over the gardens, pool and ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple