Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
4,579 results
All reviewsthani wingjunior suitecoconut barfisherman's wharfchom talaymassage ladiesocean frontsiam smiletuk tukkids clubthai restaurantkata townmini martrelaxing holidaygames roomour honeymoonmonsoon season
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Katathani in September 2012 and absolutely loved every second! The resort cannot be beaten for beachfront location. It may be a little out of town, but we saw it as a good thing! Staff are all helpful and thorough. We stayed in an ocean view junior suite in the thani wing - the room was lovely - very spacious and clean. Breakfasts are fresh and plentiful, and the resort grounds are just perfect. We ate at the Ta Restaurant (out of the resort - just across the road) after a fellow holidaymaker recommended it - would highly recommend it for fresh, healthy and cheap meals!!

Room Tip: Ocean view junior suites in the thani wing are spectacular
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bearza76
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife, my daughter and I shared a room at the resort so we could attend my nephew's wedding. We found many aspects of the resort postive but there are some aspects other travellers may want to consider before booking a room. To begin, all aspects of the wedding were wonderful: the location, the organisation, the food, the decorations, the staff service, it was perfect.
Re our stay, the staff were excellent, service was first class. My wife and I would particularly like to compliment the cleaning staff and the bar staff. All were friendly and helpful. The pools were wonderful as were the massages and little features like being able to have a free trial of scuba diving in the pool. The food was good though we would have liked more emphaisis on authentic Thai food. We found it a little strange to have an Italian night in Thai resort! The breakfast was great with a wide range of foods. The location was good in that it is well away from Patong and othe busier spots. The resort seemed very family friendly. If you wish to visit the more popular areas expect to pay about 500 Baht one way for a taxi ride (about 17 AUD). Staff at the front desk were very helpful in explaining and finding taxis. We also very much enjoyed a late night drink at the bar near the beach- it was excellent.
Our room had a view of the pool (not the beach) and the third "bed" in the room for our adult daughter was inadequate- it was a sofa with sheets. The room was really too small for three adults. The hotel was fully booked so we were stuck with it for the week.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert J
Katathani1, Guest Relations Manager at Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Robert J,
Thank you for your many kind compliments about Katathani, its staff and the wedding. I would like to inform that our room details are noted on the hotel website.
As you mentioned, we were fully booked during your period of stay and therefore we were sorry that we could not offer you an alternative accommodation according to your interest to upgrade. We hope to welcome you back to a more preferable room upon your next visit.

Best regards,
Suwimon P.
Customer Relations Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2013

An amazing resort located on the Kata Noi beach. Restaurants, taylors, convenience store just outside resort. Short cab ride into Kata town. Loved every minute, cheap massages, mani,pedi by the pool. Staff are exceptional. I have been lucky enough to stay at the Shores at Katathani as well. Whilst the Shores villas and views are exceptional and the benefit of a private pool great, it can be a little isolated. But then the Katathani is just a golf buggy ride down the hill. The Shores gives you the best of both worlds. Love the Katathani, won't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: At the Katathani try for a ground floor room, easier access to everything. At the Shores, sea view is a must!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deb C
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Overall staying almost two weeks in this resort was for sure a very positive experience. We stayed in a supposed deluxe room without sea view. To be honest for the price you pay I have to say that the room was well below of the deluxe standards that you would expect.
Apart from this in general the resort is nice and well laid out along Kata Noi beach. The restaurants in the resort are good but I think the best is Chanadda, where they do Royal Thai cuisine, the Thai food there was excellent.
Furthermore, I found a little weird (as an Italian) the fact that the hotel doesn't have sun beds and umbrellas directly on the beach....if you want to have a sun bed on the beach you have to pay 200 baths per person.
The service is excellent and the staff is very friendly.
Overall I recommend this hotel for a relaxing stay in Phuket.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for 8 days in February 2013, simply put it is perfect in every way. Would I stay here again definitely! It is as it says in the brochure right on the beach, stunning views. Only about a 20 min tuk tuk into patong for night life if that's what you want, also good choice of food in the 6 restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013