Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
4,579 results
All reviewsthani wingjunior suitecoconut barfisherman's wharfchom talaymassage ladiesocean frontsiam smiletuk tukkids clubthai restaurantkata townmini martrelaxing holidaygames roomour honeymoonmonsoon season
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family have just returned to Brisbane after 8 nights here and we are already planning to return. Best holiday , best staff , best amenities. We stayed in the junior suites and outstanding rooms with views and service. This resort should be commended on its presentation of staff, its quality of food and location. My family will never forget this beautiful trip. Thank you so much - outstanding !!!!.

Room Tip: "Junior suites brilliant"
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank peter H
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stay here for two nights and it is a bit of old. My Bhuri room didn't have bath tube, water pressure was poor and the water tap swing left to right. My wife and me couldn't sleep well as the mattress was too soft.
Pros: breafast was good with plenty of fruits and refill frequently. The resort has,lots of swimming pools. The nearby Thai restaurant (outside the resort) has free wi-fi and food was good. Finally, we have to wait a long time to check out and this can be improved by the management.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whywhy73
Katathani1, Guest Relations Manager at Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear whywhy73,
We regret that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay at Katathani due to inconveniences mentioned. Your concerns are being passed to the related departments for improvement. Please kindly be inform that we provide mattress changing service whereby guests are welcome to request a stronger or softer mattress according to their preference. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, fruit and our swimming pools. We would look forward to welcoming you back to the Shores of Serenity again .

Sincerely yours,

Suwimon P.
Customer Relations Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We decided to have a 5-day post-wedding celebration in Phuket with close friends and family who traveled from many parts of the world (US and Asia). All of us stayed either at Katathani or the Shore (which was amazing!!)...and we did organized another cozy wedding reception dinner for all our guests (~30 people) - and it was more than I have could imagined or asked for!

Very impressed with the organizers who took care of everything (K. Noom), she is very professional and making this a pain-free process (I just had a 450 wedding, and don’t want to re-do again). They understood our needs (cozy feeling, not too formal wedding-like) and very creative e.g, we don’t want flower-arch; they came up with a photograph booth with a blossom trees hanging our pictures (AWESOME!); a signature cocktail in a fresh coconut (yumm!)

Also, thanks to them for the extra caution on food allergy and a back-up plan. We ordered a Thai seafood set menu, and hotel suggested us to check with our guests on food allergy..and it turned out 5 of our guests had some seafood allergy (whew!) .. felt so glad that we asked and they all appreciated it! Since our reception was at the Seacret, out in the lawn overlooking the beach...they had a back-up plan in case of rain... and the rain did come .. but with all plans, and preparation, we didn’t feel like our celebration was interrupted! everyone moved into the glassdoor restaurant...still had fun and enjoyed very much! At the end, we did our floating lantern on the beach which sealed our great memory forever.

We received BIG compliments from all our guests! they LOVE it, We LOVE it.. really my cozy, dream wedding came true - spending at a wonderful place and with amazing people :) Overall, this is just Absolutely perfect. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NorCal1929
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the 5th time we have stayed at the Katathani and we will keep returning. We enjoy the open space around the hotel, large well kept gardens, choice of many pools and the beautiful Kata Noi beach. We were very impressed with the renovation of the Bhuri Wing rooms, the beds were really comfortable, the rain shower was great and we liked the divider between the bathroom and sleeping area. The room was very tastefully decorated. The staff were all very helpful and were always smiling. Many of these staff recognized us from previous visits which was nice. We hope to return to the Katathani next time we holiday inThailand.

Room Tip: The Bhuri wing room have been recently renovated and were great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank DiTravels11
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed for a few nights in a Bhuri room. The location is fabulous, short taxi or tuktuk ride to Kata Beach and the fact the Kata Noi beach is almost dominated by the hotel means that it is much less crowded with people and annoying beach sales, watersports, etc. the beach is crystal clear and was the perfect location for our friends wedding.

There are 2 parts to the resort, Katathani "Thani" and "Bhuri". We recommend knowing which one you are booked into to save the awkwardness of them telling you that you are in a "superior room" as opposed to the deluxe rooms at Thani.

Check in was a bit chaotic, but you receive a cool towel, welcome drink and a fresh flower arm lei. We had to spend several hours at the beachfront bar while our room was being cleaned for checkin, which was reasonably priced and served decent food.

When we were showed to our room I was somewhat disappointed given we had paid what I thought was high for Thailand standards. The bathroom was pokey and awkward, the bed had a foam mattress and a very noisy air conditioner.

I got to see what one of the thani rooms look like as well since my friends were staying in one for their wedding/honeymoon. It was much larger than the Bhuri room, much better layout but still has a foam mattress on the bed.

I think it would be a great location for a family holiday with kids because of the amenities and the beach being so clean, although it would require the adults and children to share one room minimising privacy, etc.

All in all, the hotel served its purpose for our 2 night stay by being easy to get to and from the wedding (no travel at all) and a beautiful beach, but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Melsy1983
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our beautiful Kata noi Beach. However I am sorry that you didn’t fully enjoy your stay, due the inconveniences mentioned. We are reviewing the service and maintenance in order to fulfill expectations .Please let me clarify that our standard for check in is 2 pm.

I do apologize that our rooms did not meet your expectations.

Suwimon P.