Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews honeymoon suite private pool khun joy wonderful wedding wedding planner living room sea view perfect stay love this hotel rain shower patong beach privacy phuket maintenance massage thb
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My girlfriend, her twin sister and I stayed in the Family Villa for a whole 15 days, and I can only begin to try and tell you how wonderful this place is to stay at.
Yes, they have a few maintenance issues that need to be addressed, but nothing that was going to overshadow the outstanding service that was given by the staff.
Let me start with the villa and the views.
The Family Villa is impressive the moment you step through the front door. It's huge! The high ceilings add to the feeling of spaciousness, but I'm not sure you need to add to the feeling as the villa is truly a generous size. The lounge room has large sliding glass doors opening directly on to the infinity pool overlooking the ocean and Kata Noi beach in the distance. I spent a few early mornings watching the sun rise over the mountains, while I sat back in the large comfy lounge. It has a large dining table that seats 6, a standard mini bar offering, but with a pod style coffee machine.
Walk through the dining room into the main bedroom and you will see another set of glass sliding doors opening on to the sun deck beside the pool with a couple of sun lounges calling to you. We'll get to the pool in a moment.
Walk through the main bedroom and you enter the.. well.. what is called the bathroom. Why do I say it like so? Because the "bathroom" is approximately the size of a standard hotel room! You enter via a walk through closet, with plenty of hanging space, drawers and cupboard space. You then arrive in the bathroom. Turn right and you will find a double sink set, turn left and you will walk into the toilet & bidet. Walk straight ahead and you will come to the huge lap pool.. No, wait.. it's a bath. Once you reach the bath, turn left and you will walk into the biggest shower stall you have ever seen, with both a wall shower and a rain shower to choose from for your cleansing pleasure. Now catch a tuk tuk back out of here, hang a left at the closet entrance, and a step up will take you into the second bedroom with it's own bathroom (albeit a little smaller). The second bedroom, while not having spectacular views, is a decent size again, and almost fully self contained, with it's own mini bar, coffee machine, hanging space, etc.
Let's get back out to the pool now. Slide the glass doors aside, step out and turn right. In front of you is your very own private infinity pool that has to be at least 20-25 metres long! I'm not kidding here, as the pictures should attest to. The pool is more than big enough to accomodate, and I spent more than my own fair share of time in there, leaning on the edge, staring dreamily at the waves and ocean. I also went and bought a cheap blow up pool seat from the local 7/11, so I could float around without spilling my cocktail. Good move.
As mentioned previously and in other guest's reviews, there are a few maintenance issues that need addressing, but I believe these are being looked at as time goes by.
Now the staff.
I can safely say without any trace of doubt that I have never experienced the kind of personal and attentive service that we received during our stay. While being there every time you needed, for whatever you needed someone for, they weren't hovering either. We felt like we were there on our own, until we needed something. I even tried to sneak up the steps with my own bag once and one of the staff rushed out to carry it for me.
As soon as we arrived, we were made to feel like we were the only guests there. A cold towel and honey drink awaited us in the lobby lounge while the formalities were taken care of. We were a little early in arriving, but they had the villa ready in no time while we sat there looking over the ocean, while being offered fresh towels or drinks if we looked like we were running low. One of the staff members greeted me by name as soon as we arrived, introducing himself as the person I had sent a couple of emails to before we left Australia like we were old friends.
The service actually took a bit of getting used to. The first night we were there, we decided to order something simple for room service as we were both tired and not overly hungry. We opted for a club sandwich and fish & chips. Now I don't know about you, but I have always been used to a knock on the door, and a tray being handed to me for room service when I opened the door. This is NOT the case for Impiana Private Villas. I opened the door and Kit had taken off his shoes, asked if he could come in, and proceeded to set the table like a fine dining establishment. All this for a club sandwich a fish & chips? I almost felt guilty for ordering something so simple. For the record, the club sandwich was perfect as were the fish & chips.
A few days later, we decided to enjoy cocktails and dinner up on the lobby lawn, taking advantage of their sunset cocktail special, which was available 3 nights per week. Speaking of cocktails, try the Impiana Sunset. Soooo good! The staff were happy to set up a table for the two of us overlooking the pond and the ocean at sunset. As soon as the sun disappeared, they were there to spray our bare legs so the mosquitoes wouldn't bite. This was by far the most romantic dinner I have ever experienced. The spectacular food on offer, the sound of the ocean below, the stars carpeting the sky above us, and with us being the only table on the lawn, it felt like we were the only two people there. It truly was an amazing dinner.
Because we spent 15 days there, and being only 11 villas, we got to know all the staff on what felt like a personal basis. While every one of them offered a service second to none, the staff members we had the most contact with deserve a special mention in the outstanding service we received. Kit, Kai, Tik, Dao, Su and Chef Eak in particular.
The food by Chef Eak is outstanding, with both a western menu and Thai menu on offer. I can say that both have excellent offerings. I'm a bit of a foodie, and Chef Eak was happy to accommodate my ramblings, and showed genuine interest in my own recipes, while imparting his own knowledge and recipes when I asked. I highly recommend his Kata Sea Bass with Mango Salsa dish! On one of our last nights, we asked Chef Eak to decide what we were to have for dinner. The girls explained they didn't like spicy, I didn't mind a little spice. We ended up getting three beautiful dishes that weren't even on the menu. A seafood and noodle salad, a BBQ prawn and lemongrass dish and a stunning steamed whole fish in a tamarind sauce. Brilliant!
I also organised for the girls to be pampered at the Impiana Spa in Patong one afternoon while I indulged in some shopping. The transfer between resorts was smooth, the spa was spectacular for the girls and the hotel was more than happy for us to go have a meal and a wander after the spa treatment and to just turn up when we were ready to return and they would have the car ready. Talk about service.
Now to the thing none of us like talking about after such a wonderful stay, but it's pretty important to know before you leave. The cost.
We got an amazing deal on the villa by booking early, and of course, with it being low season. The food on offer is more than reasonably priced. The most expensive meal we had in the dining room was approximately $80 for three people, total. Now that is outstanding value, no matter where you are from.
After writing this, I just want to go back! We will definitely be returning to Impiana Private Villas in the not too distant future.

10  Thank jeffersma
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights and its not enough! Upon arrival to the resort through their airport transfer, we were served tea and cold towel for us to freshen up. Was glad to know that we are given a free upgrade to honeymoon villa as we told them prior to our arrival that we're celebrating our anniversary there. Felt really appreciated.

We were impressed by the awesome sea view the moment we stepped in to our villa. Its indeed breathtaking! The beds are so comfortable that we often overslept. There's also a walk in wardrobe and safe. Love the spacious bathroom with bathtub and shower with seaview. Fresh fruits are also provided daily. There is also a capsule style coffee machine with a few variety of coffee for us. We also love that we can request breakfast to be served to our room too.

However, a few downsides of this villa which needs maintenance.
1. The door from the bathroom to our bed cant close properly.
2. The sink drainage system is slow.
3. Water temperature from the rain shower is always almost too hot for comfort.
4. Cushions covers are not very clean. Spotted a few stains.
However, it did little to dampen our mood as the amazing pool and view and service compensates for it.

The service of their staffs were always with a smile. On one ocassion i commented that there's lots of mosquitoes when we were having breakfast, one of the staff came over with medicated cream for bites and even applied for me. It was a really nice touch. They are also helpful in giving us directions and information as it was our first time in phuket.

Overall I would definitely return to this villa again!

1  Thank Jocelyngb
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived back from Impiana a couple of weeks ago and still can't stop thinking about it. We stayed in one of the suites with 2 small children. Having your own private pool just outside the room overlooking the Andaman Sea was incredible. Great for our kids and to relax by at night. The staff were amazing, friendly and professional with great knowledge of the area. As there are only 11 villas you do feel like you get customised special service. We felt spoilt everyday. We had room service most nights when the kids were asleep. Inexpensive and delicious. The grounds of Impiana are beautiful. It relaxes you completly after venturing out in the hustle and bustle. We loved every moment of our stay, can't wait to go back!

Room tip: Some rooms have more privacy than others - so enquire about this if privacy is what you are after.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda D
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have just left the Impiana Private villas and were very sad to say goodbye. We had 3 beautiful days in Paradise!!! From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty and offered privacy in addition to any level of service we desired.

Highlights for us were the enthusiastic and lovely staff, the super comfortable bed, the privacy of our 10 metre pool, and the size and space of our villa. We really enjoyed the breakfast each morning, with great coffee, a mixed but limited selection of buffet items (there are only 11 rooms here), and a range of sweet or savoury main course items, which were freshly prepared. When we checked in, we were told that we could also have the breakfast served in our room if we wished. There is an extensive and inexpensive room service menu which we tried and really enjoyed on a few occasions. Fresh fruit and water were provided daily, and there is a capsule style coffee machine which makes a reasonable brew. There is also a fairly reasonable wine list - for Thailand where wines have a huge tax imposed.

Our room was the "Impiana villa" (103). This was the pick of the bunch (excluding the Royal suite) in our view as it had the most privacy, is massive, and it gets wonderful sun and light. We will request this room again on our next visit. The bathroom and dressing room are also huge and we liked the rain shower very much. There was also a beautiful bath, looking quite spectacular with a stunning view of its own out across the Andaman sea. The gardens and flowers around the entrance and complex are beautiful and add to the serenity of the property.

The location of this property is a definite bonus as it is in walking distance of KATA beach, all its restaurants, shops and stunning sunsets. Kata noi beach is also close by though there did not seem to be as much there, perhaps adding to its appeal. One of the disadvantages of many resorts with private villas and their own pools are the location to other facilities. This is particularly a problem as the taxis in Phuket operate with a questionable tariff system. We did not have that problem here as we could walk to where we wanted to go.

Several other reviewers have mentioned maintenance issues here. We did notice some of these issues (i.e. rust on outside beams, floorboard damage from water/rain, and paint peel on the decks) and mentioned them to the management. According to the assistant manager, they are aware of these things and are undertaking a program to remedy these issues, starting with replacing floorboards with tiles in the villas. A wall is being built between the villas and the adjoining property to curb the exhaust from the annoying fan at Mom Tri's. Looking at the problems, it seems as though the original design and choice of materials was floored and now it is a very expensive fix to remedy.

Though the villas would be perfect if these few problems were rectified, they did little to dent our enthusiasm for this property. The views are out of this world and there is nothing like swimming in your own large pool, watching the beach and surfers in the distance, listening to the waves, and watching the sunset. We will definitely be back and already look forward to our next visit.

2  Thank brucruiser
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It was a luxurious hotel , we loved it , we are a family of 5 , Although there is nothing much for the kids to other than swimming but if they are a teen age they can go next to the hotel and hire a jet ski , we did several of outside activity . I loved the music that you can hear in the villa , we took 2 bed room villa it was huge ,super clean. The food was so yummy . Overall it was so so nice .

Date of stay: September 2011