“Glad surprise!”

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Next to shopping centre Kirsikka
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Got a hint from a friend of mine, and althought I was a bit dubious about the location(Kirkkonummi) for an excellent dining restaurant, we decided to try the place.
The warm and welcoming attitude of the youngish personnel promised something. The interior proved to be simple but tasteful and the menu watered our mouths.
The lobster soup was really something on a cold winter day and the menu´s classic Veal Burger was delicious. The only mishap was with the first burgers that got to wait for delivery too long and therefore the dishes were a bit cold. Anouncing the friendly waitress got the dishes back to the kitchen without the least hesitation and soon after we received the chef´s apologies with some sparkling. The new dishes came really fast and were awesome.
We highly appreciate this level of excellent customer service(rarity in Finland..), combined with well made food from obviously fresh ingredient and the enjoyable atmosphere. We´ll shure get back, and with company.
By the way, Received strong recommendations for the sunday brunch.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Had a nice evening at Bistro O Mat. The menu is not very broad but offers a few good options each time. Good atmosphere and occasionally even live music.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Small bistro in village Kirkkonummi, over 30 km from Helsinki citycentre. Really worth to visit. Scandinavian interior, french-finnish-scandinavian menu, countryside atmosphere, friendly service.

Food was excellent, Christmas menu with fish and pate plate as starter and very tender pork as main course was really well done and taste, also garlic¨snails and whitefish was excellent delectable.
Not so cheap but definitely full value for money.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The first visit was at lunchtime, the food was good but the waitress comment on the dishes was: They are small, for people working in offices. Does that make a man interested in buying lunch?

The second visit was a disaster: I booked a table for a Friday evening in advance and even if the restaurant was not full we were seated in a narrow corner. The waitress did not even ask for aperitfs., I had to call her back. We ate blinis which were ok but then I took a "creamy garlic soup" which was salty, texture of water and "creamy" ment a dash with the mixer. My daughter had a game paté: only fat and salt. And the only reaction from the waitress was "I will tell the kitchen". Service not good, even if waiters worked in an open bar-area, they did not have contact with the customers.

2  Thank Anibl
Reviewed November 4, 2012

An excellent restaurant in Kirkkonummi. The steak I had was really good and a little bit more creative than I expected. Good service and quite tastfull yey simple scandinavian interior. I will definately visit again.