L'Hotel Robert
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Pension B&B Dodeman(Saint-Pierre)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel les IRIS(Saint-Pierre)
All reviewsattached restaurantferry terminalstay there againnice hotelhotel is locatedenjoyed our staydu vieux portstayed here for nightsbeautiful furniturestaff are greatcomfortable bedcleaning stafflarge roomfour daysgreat spotrestaurant reservationssection
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2009

First, it should be pointed out that this hotel is technically in France, not in Newfoundland. You must clear French customs when you land or disembark in St Pierre. You absolutely must have a passport to come to these French islands.

This hotel is quite old, aging, and seems beyond hope for any kind of renewal. There is absolutely nothing fancy about this hotel. There are no perks. I had no issues with staff who were all very friendly and helpful, and provided excellent local restaurant suggestions (as opposed to the restaurants that the tourists are funneled in to experiencing). The hotel's location is a 5 minute walk from the ferry dock, but a cab ride from the airport.

My room was up two flights of narrow stairs. There are no elevators. Be prepared to carry your luggage up stairs as there will not be anyone to assist you. The room was less than average, at best. There were no ammenities of any kind. A phone, a television, and quite possibly the teeniest washroom I've ever encountered. The bed was...not great, but not the worst I've ever slept in. I was thankful for a window to open which allowed for fresh air, as the room certainly needed it. Having said all of this, the room was very clean.

There is a gift shop in the lobby. It happened to be closed at a time when I was ready to shop, and the hotel staff graciously opened it for me and spent a lot of time with me chatting away and helping me make my purchases.

The price paid was not worth the room or time spent in the hotel, but options are very limited in St Pierre, and I was only there one night. Breakfast was croissants, tea or coffee and juice.

With the right care, and obviously expense, this hotel could offer so much more for the visitors who come to these islands. I will return again to this litlte corner of the world, but I definately will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank AdventureLass
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Make nomistake: this is a crap hotel. Save yourself 125 euros and sleep rough for free. Manager is an ageing crone who is hostile to criticism or even simple requests eg making the loo work. Breakfast is frugal. Décor outof the dark ages. Our room only gloomy: think old link flooring,gloomy lighting and risible so called kitchen.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank philip_clothier
Reviewed October 28, 2008

We stayed in this Hotel in Aug 2008. There were two adults and two children in the room and we were very surprised how spacious the room was.
BOOKING
I found the best deal at the Tourist Chalet in Marystown, NL. We booked a two nights package that included return Ferry tickets. There were different prices for Adults and Children and overall it was a very good deal especially if you compare the prices to the Hotel rack rates.

LOCATION
Very centrally located. Literally 5-7 mins walk from the Ferry Terminal and St.Pierre Tourist Office.

CHECK IN
After we found somebody that spoke English things went smoother. Initially when I booked the room I requested an Efficiency Unit as it was mentioned in the Travel brochure but when we checked in at the Front Desk we were told that there were none available. I was given the key and we were told to go around the building to find our room. The first thing we noticed when I open the door was how spacious the rooms were and .... full efficiency facilities besides the bathroom. I guess we got lucky but it was very strange... Oh well, sink, microwave, fridge and full set of dishes were sure handy. There was also a hot plate but we never used it so I don't know if it worked.

ROOMS
Our room was very spacious and clean. There were two double beds, a table with four chairs, TV with French and English channels and a full bathroom. The furniture and bathroom were dated but very clean.

SERVICE
Didn't receive much service during our stay, it seemed that the front desk staff were more preoccupied with the tour groups then with individual travellers but we didn't mind. We needed a place to sleep and it was nice and comfortable.

BREAKFAST
Our room package came with breakfast. The breakfast was served in the main dining room. A choice of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk or juice and DELICIOUS plain or chocolate croissants or toast. The dining room was adjacent to the Al Capone museum which was very interesting.

Would we return again? Absolutely, from what we've seen the service was a St.Pierre standards norm and the location can not get better.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank travelana11
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night and found it to be clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and even spoke English. It was nice to have a fridge, hairdryer and cable T.V in the room. We stayed with another couple and the room was large enough that we each had our own space to put our luggage. We were not asked to leave at any specific time the next morning and even stayed right up to 1:00 as we were taking the 1:30 pm ferry back to Newfoundland. It was a very relaxed place to stay. The breakfast that was included were croissants, coffee and juice ; which was a nice treat in the morning. We were able to walk to the hotel from the ferry and it was easy to get from the hotel to all the shopping areas and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank lorrie_in_NL
Reviewed September 19, 2007

This hotel is located in the French Overseas Department of St. Pierre & Miquelon, off the coast of Newfoundland. We originally had booked a room at le Paris-Madrid but, after inspecting the hotel and room, we elected NOT to stay there. There were three toilets and two showers for 11 rooms and there were two very long, narrow stairways to climb. The showers looked moldy and the beds very lumpy, so we went to Hotel Robert next door. Even for twice the price (80 Euros) it was a good choice. The owner was most accommodating and gave us a large ground floor room as we had several pieces of very heavy baggage (almost 30kg each). Beds were comfortable and rooms came with a stove with oven, refrigerator, hair dryer, cable TV and telephone in the room. Breakfast of croissants, coffee and juice is included. The hotel is on the main street of St. Pierre and is a five minute walk from the boat dock. A cab is needed from the airport. There are only 6 cabs in St. Pierre but I would recommend Taxi Bernard. Dial "424" on the phone at the airport counter. Taxi cost was 4 Euros one way.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends