“Lovely place to stay in St. Pierre!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint-Pierre
L'Auberge Saint-Pierre
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saint-Pierre
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Spent one night in St. Pierre and stayed at the L'Augerge Saint-Pierre and it was wonderful. The staff were very helpful in providing information about the community, we had a lovely breakfast and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Although it is located a little distance from the main area by the harbour, this only gave us a little more motivation to explore more of the streets of this beautiful town. I would certainly choose to stay here again when my travels take me to this beautiful island.

Room Tip: It was very warm the night we stayed there and the rooms are all on the second floor. We did have a...

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The whole experience was great. The colours in the breakfast room are fantastic. The food provided as a 'continental' breakfast was fresh and plentiful. The three staff we met were very friendly and welcoming (2 young ladies manning the front desk, 1 young man hauling laundry).

The room we were in had open windows which was a wonderful surprise and the breeze flowing through was a welcome one. It was a very large room with a huge king sized bed (you know, the kind with the lump in the middle where the 2 twins meet) and a twin bed. There could easily have been 2 doubles or even 2 queens in there.

If you like to sit in bed and read with your pillows behind you, this is not the spot for you - the light switches were toggle style located low on the wall dead centre of the beds, so the lights turn off every time you move.

The bathroom was huge and well appointed, but the hairdryer was one of those that you had to keep your finger on a button to keep it turned on.

Although I have pointed out some negatives, the 2 night stay was enjoyable and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

L'Auberge wasn't my first choice but it will certainly be my first choice should I end up visiting Saint-Pierre again sometime! We were visiting home (NL) from Alberta and have never been to Saint-Pierre before. The staff there were EXTREMELY helpful and patient via E-Mail while I was booking our 2 rooms. The girls at the front desk spoke amazing English, and couldn't be more helpful. They brought out maps and marked things off for us as far as restaurants, banks, etc. They called ann booked us a tour of the city (I would recommend the BUS tour, not the VAN tour like we did), they called restaurants and taxis for us. The hotel itself doesn't look really fancy or anything from the outside but we had a King Suite and it was amazing! We were welcomed by a small bottle of wine, a large glass of water, and the nicest modern clean room! A living room area by the window in a private area offsetting the main room with the King Bed. A very large bathroom with a modern large stand up shower. It was about 10 min walk max from the Ferry terminal which wasn't too bad considering the great weather we had. My friend didn't want to walk as much so we did take a couple of taxis for a few things and it seemed to be a flat rate of $4. I would definitely recommend my friends stay here over any other hotel (I based my decision on extensive review research).

Room Tip: We had a King Suite (Living room and King bed) and my friends had the regular King (included a King...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My daughter and I just got back from a 4-day holiday to St. Pierre, Langlade and Miquelon. We stayed at the lovely Bed & Breakfast called L'Auberge St. Pierre. This is a very cozy, clean, comfortable, pleasing color scheme, quiet accommodation and comes with a variety of breakfast items. I loved the pictures on the walls in the TV/lounge room.Great prices too.

The staff were very helpful. Our dealings were mainly with "Kitty", who was very helpful in arranging reservations at the local restaurants, which is a must in St. Pierre. Kitty was very knowledgeable when we asked her where to find different places, souvenir shops, where
to buy CDs, pastry shops, grocery store, fine dining, information centre.

We would certainly go back to these accommodations and would strongly recommend it as first class to anyone vacationing in St. Pierre.

Wendy Snook
Sydney, Nova Scotia

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My sister and I just got back from a 4 day trip to Saint Pierre. We stayed at this lovely hotel. It was wonderful - clean and quiet and friendly - especially to those who don't speak French very well. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 23 and were very pleased
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here a night on a quick 1 night getaway to St Pierre. What a gem. The reviews below are quite bang on. The outside of the place doesn't do the inside justice. The lady who looked after us was simply delightful: helpful, engaging and definitely went out of her way to make us comfortable. I had asked for reservations to L'Atalier Gourmand, a restaurant that many on this page have raved about. My friend and I personally loved it. It was classical French food at its best (if you like Foie Gras, this is an absolute must taste!). The service wasn't the best, as the restaurant was understaffed the night we went. We heard quite a few complaints from fellow travellers (Mostly Americans and Canadians that like their steaks murdered). If you're someone who thinks a well done burger is fine cuisine, you might be better off going to another restaurant. Others who loved the place as well were travellers with eclectic palettes. Because of all the complaints from others the night we went, the lady at the front desk, Kitty, was concerned about our experience and had told us that her boss called the restaurant to lodge a complaint on their guests' behalf. I was impressed at the level of service at this auberge and will definitely be staying here again when I return to Saint Pierre!

1  Thank pastrygurl
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a very nice little hotel. The rooms are well decorated, well maintained, clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and very helpful, answered all our questions about St-Pierre, explained restaurants and even made reservations for us. The breakfast buffet was very good and varied selection.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Been to L'Auberge Saint-Pierre? Share your experiences!