“5***** Style in St. Pierre”
Review of Nuits Saint-Pierre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Pierre
Nuits Saint-Pierre
Ranked #1 of 3 Saint-Pierre B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Forget about quaint Victorian B & Bs. This is a 21st- (or even 22nd-) century chic luxury boutique hotel. Think monogrammed towels, sheets, and bathrobes. Think cutting-edige bathroom fixtures, including a huge, rectangular sink and a quarter-circle shower with magnetic-edged doors. Think heated towel racks and mosquito screens on the double- (or triple-?) paned windows. This establishment opened its doors on July 2, 2010. Its tea room, with delicious pastries and huge gourmet quiche slices, opened a year later, so everything is new and in exquisite taste. Think Sofitel or Novotel in miniature. Superb breakfasts, and a computer (but with a baffling French keyboard!) available upstairs.

The only drawbacks? (1) A nearby bar blasts amplified "music" throughout the neighbourhood VERY late at night. Solutions: turn the fan on to provide white noise, or try and get room #3. (2) If you forget to draw the drapes, the afternoon sun in summer (if there is a summer) will heat up the room. (3) The pillows are very thick. Solution: use a folded towel. (4) The hair dryer on the wall in the Lamartine room (#2) was broken. The replacement could not be used in the bathroom, but there was no mirror in the bedroom. (5) Slippery shower floor. Solution: stand and two face cloths.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Professional-Pilgrim
Inami1000, Owner at Nuits Saint-Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Dear Professional Pilgrim,

To be called 5 stars has been my treat for the month of April. Thank you so much for this very kind comment and for all those details about... details. Our guests are definitively better than us to spot all those littles attentions that make the difference. Thank you so much !

Concerning those little drawbacks ( 5, my ! it's a lot... :-)

- the bar located in street parrallel to Nuits Saint-Pierre is now closed. Too noisy and not enough customers I suppose. They did several live music session last summer and I believe that you were here one of those nights.
- Saint-Pierre wins the gold medal for Fog every year, not for sunshine... This is why you will never find a place here that provide AC. We have placed electric fans in all our rooms and I am afraid they are not used that often...
- Each and every person has its "ideal pillow", and they are all different... I am glad that you found a solution with a towel but this is VERY flat, most people would prefer something more inviting. Otherwise, if people ask for a different type of pillow we can help.
- The hair dryer has been replaced. The french law does not autorize us to place a plug inside the bathroom close to the sink and that makes sense.
- We have never met difficulties with the floor of the shower but this is good to now. I surely can find some sort of removable stickers to place on the floor that people can choose to use or not.

In other words, a big thank you for your comments that I find very helpful. Even though we sleep in our rooms from time to time there are details that we do not perceive anymore, it is great when guests take time to help us get perfect, we really appreciate !
Patricia

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I would highly recommend staying at Nuit Saint-Pierre.
The room was impeccable and the bed was the MOST comfortable that I have ever stayed in.
The owner was so kind and helpful and made delicious treats that were left in the kitchen throughout the day for us to help ourselves to! Breakfast was whatever you wanted. My boyfriend had a huge plate of the traditional eggs, bacon, toast and fruit and I had a delicious pastry and espresso. The rooms were completely sound proofed, so we slept like a log.
I have stayed in many B&Bs and have never left feeling so satisfied and happy to spend my money there. Nothing lacking.
The location was definitely within walking distance of everything you would want in St. Pierre.
I will definitely be returning and staying for longer just so I can enjoy the great rest and sweet treats of this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lindsey W
Reviewed January 8, 2012

If coming to Saint Pierre for just one night or a week, the Nuits Saint Pierre Bed and Breakfast is a must. They have 5 rooms and they are all beautiful, all up to date and the bathrooms are superb.
The service is excellent and the staff are very friendly.
The owners Patricia and Bertrand are excellent and will go beyond to help with you anything you need to make your stay more comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Craig C
Reviewed December 17, 2011

For couples with a flare for an exotic weekend from Eastern Canada or the US, this is a perfect destination. Our hostess, Patricia met us at the airport, and provided most excellent recommendations during our stay on the island. Her hotel makes the trip worth the adventure, a stark contrast from quaint but limited B&Bs or older hotels. Very new, clean, comfortable and modern, the atmosphere at "Nuits" heightened the romance. We would strongly recommend you consider getting your travel agent to coordinate time at "Nuits" and Air St. Pierre. For those with limited time and an interest in an exotic weekend, this is the ticket ! Consider getting Jean Claude to give you a mini-van tour Patricia can certainly help with this. We traveled with another couple, and often had an espresso and cake at the on-site cafe. Patricia is a great cook as well!

Room Tip: We were in the Molinar (#3, I think)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John D
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed in the Victor Hugo suite for three nights for our honeymoon. The room was great! It had a very comfortable bed, a large bathtub (and a shower), and the breakfast was delicious! The room had a view of the hills on one side and lighthouse/cannons on the other. Patricia (the owner) was very helpful organizing a visit to Miquelon Island where we rented a car for the day (we really enjoyed the quick visit). Highly recommended!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happybrideSackville
Reviewed October 5, 2011

A few friends and I stayed at Nuits Saint-Pierre for two nights this past August.

The service was amazing! The owners went above and beyond to accommodate us. They also provided great suggestions for dining and shopping and even called to make reservations for us.

The rooms there were wonderful. The decor was so elegant. The bathrooms were great. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in (in a hotel or otherwise)! Breakfast was delicious. The cafe downstairs was also really lovely. I didn't want to leave!

I noticed that someone else wrote that the price was a little steep. I didn't think so. It was worth every penny (or centime, if you will)! We had a great experience there and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Found this hotel on Tripadvisor and it looked like the best place to stay on the island. Overall our experience was very good, however I would caution that the price for overnight stay was quite steep. The room was gorgeous, especially the bathroom! The bed was wonderfully comfortable and despite being right on a downtown street, it was very quiet and we slept well.
For breakfast they served a very tasty cheese and ham crepe and of course croissants.
Just another note; we took the large bottle of water on the nightstand in the room with us for the boat ride home and they charge 3 euros and I don't recall seeing anything about the charge in their booklet. Not a big deal, but just be aware of the charge.
Thanks to Patricia, the owner, for making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the building might be a bit quieter; away from the street noise at the front...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Nuits Saint-Pierre? Share your experiences!