“A Great Place with Wonderful People”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kollam
Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Centre
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Kollam
Graz, Austria
“A Great Place with Wonderful People”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was our first Ayurveda experience and we got just what we wanted. A blessed place at the lakeside, peaceful, homely and not fancy. A beautiful garden, clean and comfortable accomodation, good food and marvellous treatments. Our gratitude to Dr. Kiran and his ever friendly and helpful staff, each of them, and specially to our competent and caring therapists. After three weeks we left the place recharged, reinvigorated with a sense of complete well being. We are planning to repeat this next year..

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Beatrix D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at Sarovaram for 10 days in April 2013. The setting is so beautiful and serene that I often thought as I sat in the chalet verandah that Adam & Eve's paradise must have looked like the garden at Sarovaram! Every day, as devotional songs from the temple nearby drifted by in the wind, the birds and squirrels in the garden would treat us to a display of unbridled enjoyment of nature - so much so that even these little creatures seemed to be 'therapists' at the resort!

My 10 days there was completely idyllic - you are encouraged to relax completely for the treatments to work - and so your heart, mind, soul and breath all get a chance to slow down and unwind (without the guilt). I felt completely renewed when I returned home and have not stopped thinking of my next trip back when I will do the proper 21-day program.

The food at Sarovaram deserves special mention - it was simply outstanding. The room are basic but clean. It was a struggle dealing with the heat and humidity but that is no fault of the resort. The power goes out for brief periods several times a day but the resort has a back up generator that kicks in immediately, all of which (in my view) added charm to the experience.

The therapists are experienced and do their work in an unobstrusive manner. Dr Kiran was very attentive and checked on my condition and progress at least twice a day. In the 10 days, I lost a couple of kgs, my lower back and foot pain was reduced and while I was there, absolutely no indigestion. I was amazed and was left to imagine what I might have achieved if I had done the full 21-day program!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Austin
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great staff and peaceful atmosphere. My therapist sudesh was the best!! Only stayed here three nights and def need more time than that for a proper treatment but was still a peaceful stay. Rooms are very simple and a bit dark but it encourages you to be outside in beautiful setting. A very traditional treatment which is really nice - You can often see the therapist picking herbs from the garden for treatments!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank michelle O
Kollam, India
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been looking for a place in Kerala which is not overly crowded, clean and provides authentic treatment. I have been thinking of doing Ayurvedic treatment for a very long time. I have a demanding job and I have been working so hard and the result was high blood pressure, weight gain and high cholesterol. I asked a good friend of mine from Kerala to find me such a place and he and his wife suggested Sarovaram. I took the first proper holiday after thirty years of work in development. I never thought I will sit still in one place for more than a week. I came for two weeks, after listening to all the health problems I have Dr. K proposed I stay for twenty one days. I changed all my planes and stayed for twenty one days. This was one of the best decisions i made and it did not feel like one week. Today is my last day and i had a lovely time felt relaxed, fit and flexible for the first time in many years. I have stopped taking my blood pressure and cholesterol medicines and i am taking ayurvedic medicine. my BP is normal and i will check for cholesterol when i get back. I will be coming back every year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Newlife2013
Hoechst im Odenwald, Germany
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was more than I wished it would be. Such a pleasant, peaceful place where everybody wants to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I spend 3 weeks there for an Ayurvedic treatment.
Dr. Kiran and his staff were always friendly, the treatments very professional, authentic and individual, the food the best I had during my 8 weeks trip through India.
I would love to come again to that lovely little place on earth where comfort is considered for body, soul and spirit.
During my stay there was a temple festival next door. If you don't mind to be involved in the Indian culture this is just the right place for you.
Karin, Germany

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Karin L
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was looking for a way to detox and work on some back problems that I had. After doing some research I chose here because of price and reviews. I found the whole experience very pleasant and my back felt a lot better. The food here is vegetarian but amazing. If you are going on a budget make sure to bring lots of things to entertain yourself because it is not near anything and while they do have options of day trips they all cost extra money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rocky_Wood1984
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Experienced Doctors, efficient therapists, delicious food, helpful stuff and a wonderful garden at the Lakeside of the Kerals backwaters. That is the perfect mixture when you look for Health and Inspiration in your vacation. I enjoyed my fist Ayurveda Treatment. It solved most of my Health Problems and was an inspiration for my life.
Herbert form Berlin

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Herbert R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kollam
The Raviz Resort and Spa, Ashtamudi
The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre
Club Mahindra Ashtamudi
Club Mahindra Ashtamudi
#1 of 1 in Thekkumbhagam

Been to Sarovaram Ayurvedic Backwater Health Centre? Share your experiences!