Having travel throughout India staying in some of the best hotels the country has to offer we arrived at the Fragrant Nature Hotels & Resorts - Kollam.
On arrival we were greeted by the welcoming and helpful reception staff and our luggage was swiftly taken to our room, which was extremely clean and spacious and with a well-appointed bathroom. The cottage had a balcony facing the beautiful backwaters. A refreshing glass of local pineapple juice was offered to us with a warm wet refreshing towel, very much appreciated after our long journey.
Once unpacked we ventured down to explore the beautiful surroundings and landscaping of the property. The setting of this resort is simply lovely, with a blue water pool in the centre. A houseboat and other small boats were always at our disposal to go to the backwaters. We had a complimentary Ayurvedic head massage at the SPA
You will simply love this place for its ambience and greenery. The early morning devotional music heard from a distance at 530am really is a pleasantry to the ears. Oh you won’t hear it if you are in your room, so don’t worry about it as it won’t wake you up.
You can actually jog around the hotel setting and sweat it out and go for a good breakfast or go to the fully outfitted gym.
The captains at the cafe are very helpful, courteous and pleasant. Special mention to the Executive Chef who puts his best culinary skills to satisfy us with Kerala dishes, be it lunch or dinner. He was there to ask what you would like to have for dinner or lunch or what would you like tomorrow. Being a frequent business traveller never had a Executive chef going round and talking to guest and recommending what to try in the menu next.
Service is par excellence in this hotel with personal attention to the guest by friendly staff. Also an excellent Guest Relation staff who deals with guest in a kind and professional manner seeking feedback to see how to improve further the image and services of the resort. A special mention about Sajeesh, General Manager, who was interacting with us on regular intervals to ensure everything was up to our satisfaction.
Rooms were neat and tidy, housekeeping was excellent. Room service were prompt and the friendly staff. There were sun bath beds as you step just outside the rooms where you can lay and relax by the pool. A pleasant setting indeed. It is a perfect
location for a company seminar or a retreat.
Looking forward to another holiday in Kerala at the Fragrant Nature for a relaxing stay.
Stayed June-2013, travelled as a family of 3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fragrant Nature is an exclusive 4 star Luxury Lakeside Resort offering the ultimate in relaxation and seclusion from the hustle and bustle of city life. The natural rural village setting of this Luxury hideaway, gives you the chance to see and experience the authentic Keralean way of life. The Resort is also well located for travelling and exploring the excitingly diverse wildlife, geography and rich culture of Kerala. Price range(per night) : £85 to £315Breakfast is free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Fragrant Nature Backwater Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fragrant Nature Retreat And Resorts Pvt Ltd
- Fragrant Nature Retreat & Resorts Pvt Ltd Hotel Kollam
- Fragrant Nature Backwater Resort & Ayurveda Spa Kollam, Kerala, India