I booked in this hotel as it was part of the Small Luxurious Hotels and accordingly I thought it would be a luxurious 4days getaway were you could relax and enjoy the beauty of the lake.
Well the location is on the lake and the resort is nice but definitely not luxurious!
I have been in other SLH hotels an I had definitely expected more attention to details.
The restaurant has a nice shaded open area but the menu is very limited with the breakfast and it's all Indian food and no variation. Now to be fair the waiters are nice and speak very good English hence they can explain everything on the menu.
Now lets get to the spa: from the first look of it you wouldn't say it's a hi-end spa. A man meets with you at the beginning to explain the importance of Ayurveda and how their massages can do this and that. Well ok i know Ayurvedic treatment are very good and I was excited for the full body massage but so dissapointed afterwards. Apparently I understood front he man at the end of the session that Indian massages are meant to be slow and mellow. In the massage room you lie naked on a leather wood bed (a nicely designed one) without any towel beneath, and the therapist keeps on doing the same massage over and over and over and over again! I have tried many massages and trust me this one is neither relaxing nor distressing! But I have to say my skin was glowing afterwards! Of course the man tries to convince you with more packages to take but please don't do it. They only benefit from the oils they use but not the massages. And they are very expensive! The bad thing is that they don't even sell any of their product so you have to do it their way!
Also I have to mention that the location of the hotel is not a hotspot in Kerala and is far from anything you want to do.
I would recommend going to the birth side where all the nice scenaries are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fragrant Nature is an exclusive 4 star Luxury Lakeside Resort offering the ultimate in relaxation and seclusion from the hustle and bustle of city life. The natural rural village setting of this Luxury hideaway, gives you the chance to see and experience the authentic Keralean way of life. The Resort is also well located for travelling and exploring the excitingly diverse wildlife, geography and rich culture of Kerala. Price range(per night) : £85 to £315Breakfast is free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Fragrant Nature Backwater Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fragrant Nature Retreat & Resorts Pvt Ltd Hotel Kollam
- Fragrant Nature Retreat And Resorts Pvt Ltd
- Fragrant Nature Backwater Resort & Ayurveda Spa Kollam, Kerala, India