“Loved the atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Kollam
Bangalore
“Loved the atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2009

It was fantastic experience even though I stayed with my family only for one day. This Hotel is away from all busy city life and near to the backwaters.

The cottages were facing to backwaters was amazing. The food was too good. Even they are providinig the equipments to catch fish (to entertain us) and they cook the same fishes for us. That was amazing. We felt we went back to nature at least for one day.

The stay also includs a boat journey for nearly 2 hours which includes the visit to thier Private beach.

The service was also excellent.

Overall the stay was really enjoyable.

• Liked — Calm place and watch the sun rise from home and great homely atmosphere.
  • Disliked — Away from the main road.
  • Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Trivandrum
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

Aquasserenne was an absolute get away from the chaos of city life. Extremely picturque, silent, romantic and best way to spend quality time with family. My daughter loved the place and we got the best treatment there.

Would recommend stay to anyone without even thinking twice.

thanks
manisha

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

We visited this resort with friends and their families in a group for 3 nights. Our expirience was truly excellent. The food and the hospitality was super. The atmosphere and the surroundings were truly serene. The location of all the cottages are just next to the lake and the view is simply superb. The cottages neatly furnished and the house keeping is perfect. The swiming pool and other facilities like body oil massages were really top class.
Local cultural dance show, Music and the disco party arranged by the resort every evening is also worth mentioning. Overall we enjoyed the trip thoroughly and would certainly visit again.

• Liked — location of the cottages
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

I planned to spend a day with Aquasserenne and i reserved the cottage 2-3 months in advance and also paid the complete amount as advance. Due to some unavoidable situation, i had to cancel my reservation and i had requested well in advance (1 month before). But at that time the management came up with lot of policies and clearly said they cannot refund the amount. more over this, the kind of treatment received for the manager (one Mr. Jiju) had horrible and terrific. I never expected a person to react to his customer like the way he reacted to me.
Since i had paid the money, i could not do anything other than just listening to them.
I request you to think ten times before opting for this resort and / or having any kind of of money transactions. Once you pay, then forget about the money.

So, i recommend not to opt for this Aquasserenne resort.

regards
Syam Nair

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank syamnair
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

From our initial plans of honeymooning in Mauritius, being told my holidays were being cut short; we had no option but to head down south to India. My wife arranged a 5 day stay at Aquaserene and we arrived there expecting 'not much'. Were we in for a shock?

I cannot believe the reviews I've been reading online about the same place that was beyond idyllic! All room are cottages to begin with, have beautifully carved doors and huge keys- very unique. Each cottage has a high ceiling, is wonderfully maintained and had impeccable service. My wife suddenly shouted out upon arriving in our room "You Had to see this".

She was in the en-suite bathroom and what is so unique is it's open air. There's even a tree growing out of the shower. I have 'never seen a hotel like this, let alone such an unique vista and was honestly blown away'.

Yes, there's not much to do. In fact, there's nothing to do! But that's the whole idea we went there. The vistas are stunning, the place is serene and extremely quiet. All you see from your room windows/ and the little porch/portico each cottage provides is the sound of water and mangroves and everything about the place is idyllic and serene.

Coming to the food- I have honestly never eaten better cuisine in my 5 days there, with everything tasting remarkable! I called the chef on my last day there and when I offered him a generous tip, it looked like he was touched and may have hidden a tear. The breakfast buffets were cold by the time we woke up, but the fare otherwise was truly gourmet. During our stay, we had Indian, Chinese, Italian and South Indian fare and it was made and served to world class standards.

Our only disappointments were in the form of a rather poor ayurvedic massage, a rather bare and okay pool, lack of any sporting activities, and no to little access to the world outside. The last point in fact was rather a boon and gave us alone time.

The only reason I'm writing this review (my first ever) is my lack of comprehension on how this wonderful resort/ hotel has got slagged and for all the wrong reasons. I strongly recommend this resort to any potential visitor, trust me you'll be in for a treat of a lifetime!

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vyaso
Pune, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

I booked a 4 night stay over a month in advance all paid up. I had a voucher from my travel agent stating the same which I had to present to the hotel upon check in. As I was going to be checking in late I happened to call the hotel to inform them of the same. To my utter horror I was told that they had no room for me as they were sold out. They went to the extent of asking me not to come, and whether I could postpone my arrival by a day.
I contacted my travel agent and he in turn contacted the hotel. He was told by the general manager of the hotel that after they got my reservation they were approached by a company to hold a conference and they could not let go of the company booking for the sake of my one room. Hence I was bumped. I was provided alternate accommodation in the middle of the night in another hotel 40km from where I was supposed to be going.
When I eventually got there after spending two nights at another hotel. The approach road to the hotel was a nightmare. There was hardly any road. The location is okay. The rooms mediocre. The service pathetic and the food below average. For the effort one has to make to get there its just not worth it. As for reliability with a confirmed and paid reservation they score a big zero.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Globetrotter65
kollam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

it was my first visit to this beautiful place though my hubby had gone there thrice when he was bachelor..visit to aquaserene was our first romantic honeymoon date..we spend there a day....it is a place worth seeing with good scenic beauty...The were only 6 rooms occupied at that time so fortunately for us we had some good time and our space while we roamed around this vast property.
The food was great ... my mouth still waters for that egg-pakoda. Outdoor games was a joke. There was an option to go to a private beach by their boat which cost about Rs 1000 but it was worth it. The room was good and with all basic facilities but the bathroom needed some renovation.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sans30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kollam
The Raviz Resort and Spa, Ashtamudi
Nani
Nani
#6 of 22 in Kollam
The Gateway Hotel Janardhanapuram Varkala

Been to Aquasserenne? Share your experiences!