“A perfect place for relaxing”
Review of Ashtamudi Villas

Ashtamudi Villas
Ranked #2 of 38 Kollam B&B and Inns
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“A perfect place for relaxing”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2nights n i was very pleased to stay n relax at the Josep's guest house. The view from house is amazing with peaceful environment also Josep was helpful for advising some tour sites and organizing transportaion. Room is clean n decorated very well. It is located in nearby Kadavoor church and ease to go around in Kollam.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank leepark11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Münster
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We spend a couple of nights at the Ashtamudi Villa and we really have to thank Joseph for helping us with simply everything. He took care of us like a dad, made sure the houseboad-trip was alright, brought us to the bus, made our stay as comfortable as possible and he and his staff made nice food :) If you want to make a canoe-trip and want to see lots of things, ask Joseph for Vjadeesh, he is the best canoe guide you can have! So all in all we have to say that it is a wonderful, nice, clean, beautiful place at the lake and with nice people and a great host! Katharina, Judy and Thomas!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have arrived here with the intention to stay two nights and to continue my trip towards north. But as I arrived here I found myself in a most wonderful, serene and peaceful place with some amazing staff that read you every wish from the lips. The owner is a absolutely nice person that will arrange you the most beautiful trips with Sudhi, the award winning "tourist-friendly auto driver" for most reasonably prices. I felt perfectly well here and prolonged my trip to its limit in time before I had to rush to Kochin to catch my flight. I will certainly come back as I consider it as a gift having found such a piece of paradise. The lake was 10 meters away from my front door! I think that I don't need to write a lot about the food, the rooms and the good value, as other guests did that already before.
Thanks again to Joseph and all his kind employees, and of course to Sudhi, the best guide I have ever met since I come to India in the last 9 years.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Hi, I stayed for one night in the Ashtamudi Villas towards the end of August (= low season). Prime location at the lakeside, away from the noise of the town centre. Great rooms, good value, tasty meals on request; but especially the service was appreciated. Host Joseph did every effort to make sure his guests are pleased. In the end, I got a ride with him on his Vespa to the bus station to make sure I was going to catch my bus. To sum it up... terrific!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tompiet
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This place is fantastic! We loved every aspect of ashtamudi, from the caring staff to the serene natural setting. Our rooms were surprisingly well designed and Immaculately clean. Special mention goes out to the hotel owner, Joseph, who went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lee E
Paris, France
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is an incredible place -- four cosy huts ecologically conceived yet with all the amenities on a calm, tree-studded estate, on the banks of the Ashtamudi Lake, and in the middle of an urban sprawl. The proprietor, Prabhath Joseph, is a gem of a man who stops short of nothing to make your stay and travels comfortable. And it's service with a smile from the staff who cook up great dishes. Really worth a stop-over if you're travelling in southern Kerala.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KayAar99
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are decorated and furbished in style with a modern bathroom. Great Kerala food is served in the outdoor living room with stunning lake views. This is a perfect place to relax in the beautiful gardens. The host can arrange houseboats as well and generally is very caring. We very much enjoyed our stay and can warmly recommend the guest house.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank fabfabu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kollam
The Raviz Resort and Spa, Ashtamudi
Club Mahindra Ashtamudi
Club Mahindra Ashtamudi
#1 of 1 in Thekkumbhagam
The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre

Been to Ashtamudi Villas? Share your experiences!