“Wonderfully intimate home experience - can't say...”
For a captivating village tourism experience along with authentic Keralan food in a homely setting
The Suite room of the house with a attached bath with tub The living room of the house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The Suite room of the house with a attached bath with tub
The living room of the house
The second bedoom having a bath with a tub.
The dining room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Experienc...
“Wonderfully intimate home experience - can't say enough!”
Reviewed June 25, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

The stay at Palamoottil Pandakasala surpassed all my expectations. We were greeted with fresh coconut and a home-cooked meal that was the best curry meen I'd tasted. Mrs. Rajan is the mother I wish I had (we cried when leaving her) - and it was lovely to be able to learn and cook with her in the amazing kitchen at the house. The neighborhood is equally friendly and several neighbors came to greet us. We also got to visit the nearby temple (where I saw my first elephant!), toured the local cashew factory (and brought some home), and experienced many other wonderful surprises. The house itself is charming and beautifully furnished. You will not be disappointed!

Jun 26, 2018
Thank you so much for your touching words and appreciation...we wish you had stayed longer with us and hope you get the India calling soon again.
Till such time we will cherish the memories you have left behind.
Regards!
Ponnamma Rajan & Team The Spice Circuit
mannsinha
Gurgaon
“Perfect Haven in Kollam ( Sooranad North village)”
Reviewed May 28, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This is undoubtedly the BEST Homestay experience I have ever had. And I have been to quite a few of them in my travels.

Host Wilson and her mother - Ponnamma Rajan treated us like family. Wilson went to the local fish market at the crack of dawn to get us the fresh water fish- Karimeen ( Pearl Spot) through an auction; I generally don't eat fish but the Rajans made me a fan of Karimeen!!

Their sister who was visiting the family from Bangalore - extended her stay just to give us company. While the place is in a small village of Sooranad North in Kollam - this is a destination in itself with village walks, boat ride on the largest fresh water
lake of Kerala - the Sasthamkotta Lake that takes its name from the Sasthamkotta temple.

Wilson arranged walks to the paddy field, took us to the cashew processing unit where we saw the full step from roasting to peeling to grading of the cashews.

We did a trip to the local market and also had a demo of rubber collection. All in all this was a perfect village homestay for me and our family ( includes our gadget obsessed son of 14 years)

For those looking for a meaning holiday, I would strongly recommend this homestay.

May 29, 2018
Thanks a lot Manish, it was such a pleasure to have you and your family with us...we thoroughly enjoyed serving you all and look forward to having you visit us soon again.
Regards to Shilpi and love to Neo.
Thanks again!
Team The Spice Circuit
Ayngelina...
Toronto, Canada
“One of The Most Incredible Food Experiences in India”
Reviewed April 1, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Of all the food I had in India nothing compares to eating Ponnamma's food at my homestay with The Spice Circuit
She grows and produces all her own organic spices, has chickens that call to her when they've laid an egg, and is one of the sweetest women I've ever met.
The homestay started when Ponnamma's husband died and her son wanted to create a way for her mother to be able to stay in the family house and flourish. She welcomes people with such warmth and says they light up her house.
Each day we went out on an incredible excursion that I could have never found on my own. Whether it be to a cashew factory where they process it all by hand or the canoe ride in the Monroe Islands - I've traveled al over the world and it's rare to experience something like this. If you are a foodie you have to come here.

Apr 2, 2018
Dear Ayngelina...it was indeed our privilege to have you stay with us and we are delighted to know that you liked the homestay and the Keralan food served to you. I really felt proud in taking you around our tiny village to showcase its culture, lifestyle and other local attractions and am happy to note that these experiences did touch you.
Me and my mother thoroughly enjoyed your company and look forward to your next visit.
Warm Regards!
Ponnamma & Wilson
The Spice Circuit
martha475
Baltimore, Maryland
“Foodies paradise ”
Reviewed February 17, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

My experience at Palamootil Pandakasala was so very worth the detour from the west coast. The family was so welcoming and glad to immerse us in the area. We ended up at a nearby temple, called Anyadi Temple. The festival was great and i was invited in and shown what we are permitted to do! Super cool!

At the homestay I discovered several things I wasn’t expecting: Their backyard is an organic garden, and they went to a market to get fish for dinner. The pearl fish was from the largest lake in Kerala. They are working on making the homestay as sustainable and low tech as possible, yet really comfortable to westerners!

It’s easier to organize meals here with Wilson and his sweet mother, than to figure out where to get a meal nearby. Sitting outside with the family, for a cup of tea was wonderful—felt like I was living daily life with Wilson’s family.

I’m thinking about going back to Kerala, next January, I’ll stay here!!!

Feb 18, 2018
Thanks Martha...it was a delight to have you with us and though we wish you could have stayed longer, we eagerly look forward to your visit in Jan...my Mom would be happy to have you cook with her again...and will also get to see of the small initiatives that we are taking to provide a true village life experience... much regards and good wishes!
Lanvale13...
Baltimore
“Authentic Gracious Transformative Homestay”
Reviewed February 13, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

The property is centrally located within the village and has all the amenities you could desire. Comfortable sleeping quarters with luxe baths. Wilson the owner and his mother embody the meaning of hospitality! Not only did we enjoy unique and locally sourced foods but we visited off the beaten path sites (temples, rice paddies, locals homes) which allowed me to see India through the interactions with locals something I highly value when travelling. During our visit we were treated to motorcycle rides, a local drumming group which was astounding, tours of local pottery-metal working-silk weaving studios. I couldn't recommend this homestay more highly. I have been fortunate to travel to many countries and this visit was special and transformative. With gratitude to Wilson for his care and wonderful ability to meet his guests needs!

Feb 15, 2018
Thanks a lot David... This means a lot to me and my mother and it's such a satisfying feeling to understand of the good times and experiences you had while staying with us.
We look forward to your next visit and wish many more of such touching journeys...stay blessed always!
Warm Regards!
Ponnamma Rajan & Wilson
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing