We stayed 3 weeks fully expecting this hotel to be tourist oriented. How wrong we were. It stands alone just outside town, abutting a very dirty, unusable beach, which is in daily use by local fishermen, who use it for their toilet, in full view of anyone walking past! There are no gardens to stroll in; in fact we were warned by staff not to go out walking after dark. There are no tourist facilities whatever in the area. In fact we could not find postcards or souvenirs anywhere in Kollam. The staff tried their very best to assist us during our stay as for most of our holiday we were the only Europeans in the hotel. It is definitely a business hotel, with almost daily business meetings and seminars being held in the Conference Centre next door. Mercury should warn their customers of this if they are holidaying there for an extended period.
During our stay the hotel had no bar or alcohol license or indeed anywhere to sit and relax or socialise after dinner, so each evening saw us back in our room at about 8.30-9pm.
The pool on 1st floor level is immediately outside of the dining area, which has huge picture windows, so you are in full view of all who are dining. The pool man was charming and does his very best to keep everything spick and span. Unfortunately the pool abuts the boundary wall of the hotel and right next door are a couple of shed like structures with flat roofs which are home to 3 Dobermen dogs, one of whom barks at anything that moves, a number of cows, goats and chickens. Two of the dogs live almost permanently on the roof and the resulting faeces were only cleaned up once during our stay. You can imagine the smell. The rooftop pool was not a pleasant experience as initially we were attacked by the Black Kites, the pool's access was not easy and the air conditioning units housed there are huge and very noisy.
Overall not a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first 5 star luxury hotel in Kollam with 95 rooms, located on the beach offering panoramic view of the Arabian Sea from every room till its horizon. The hotel is an ideal host to a holiday maker as well as corporates for their meetings, conventions, weddings at a destination which is untouched by many....Providing seven wonder views of the sea, beach, park, city, greenery harbor and backwaters. It Provides 95 sea facing rooms with Multi-cuisine restaurant, coffee shop, an infinity swimming pool, international spa and Kerala Ayurvedic centre, Health Club, is well designed and managed to offer international standard amenities and services to both leisure and business travelers alike. The concept of MICE tourism is incorporated with full size international convention centre that can accommodate up to 1500 people, one of the biggest beachside business facilities in India. The other seven conference halls of different capacities provide variety to conferencing and make it a pleasant and peaceful location for conducting business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Quilon Beach Hotel And Convention Centre
- Beach Orchid Kollam
- The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre Kollam, Kerala, India