Our holiday at the Quilon Beach Hotel, Kollam, Kerala gave us a bunch of beautiful, Arabian Sea view memories to take away with us to London. We had 23 delightful nights of stay at the hotel, checked in on 19th June 2014 and checked out on 12th July 2014.
The main aim of our holiday was total rest, relaxation, peace of mind, security, unbridled freedom and a care free getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday, mundane London life. We can honestly say we achieved our targets to a very high extent during this absolutely lovely holiday. The lovely hotel, its sea view location, and oceanic backdrop provided a perfect setting for enjoying our holiday. Surrounded by Kerala’s ravishing natural beauty and the vast expanse of the mighty Arabian Sea, clearly visible through the great, big glass windows of Room 707 on the 7th floor of the hotel, we had the most magnificent and magical view of the distant horizon and the beautiful sunset in the evenings. It was the greatest show on earth to watch, one of the most enchanting, spectacles of mother nature’s magical shows re-enacted every single day.
In our opinion The Quilon Beach Hotel is undoubtedly a charmingly beautiful and stunning five star hotel. It is extremely neat and tidy, very well maintained and looked after.
The sight of the security guards doing their jobs gave us a lot of reassurance and a sense of security, all of the time. The great big lounge, the extremely large restaurant, the bar, the swimming pool are all set up beautifully for the customers to enjoy.
Myself and my wife greatly enjoyed the rides in the glassy, transparent capsule lift giving us a panoramic view of the buildings, trees and other greenery as it ascended and descended from floor to floor.
There are some minor shortcomings to pay attention to which need rectification, for example not getting hot water on time or not having brand new chairs in the room. These can be put right by the management easily once it is notified. The overall standard and quality are very high and quite enjoyable. One of the other things to be mentioned is Ayurvedic massage and other treatments which were excellent. We enjoyed it very much.
Breakfast was complimentary (included in the room rate). The food and drinks provided were very good and the choices were great. The chilli chicken and chapatis were very tasty and delicious. So were the other items of food and drink.
Being an elderly couple food and drinks were not our first priority. We mainly wanted rest and relaxation, peace of mind and friendly treatment, which we got in plenty.
One of the great things that we specially noted was the genuine effort on the part of every staff member, from top to bottom to make our holiday enjoyable and unforgettable. They were dedicated, courteous, friendly and professional. The behaviour and attitude of the staff at the hotel played a big part in making our holiday enjoyable and successful. A couple of them even raced to room 707 to save my life when my blood sugar level went right down, in the middle of the night.
I am going to mention here, if I am allowed, a couple of managerial names as shining examples of service with a smile which we really liked and enjoyed. One of them is Abraham Santhosh and the other one is Rajeev Pillai. I pay tribute to their dedication and professionalism along with all others. The service rendered by the staff was exceptionally great.
Finally the sweet memories of the Arabian Sea view holiday will last for a long time and we will recommend the Quilon Beach hotel to all our friends. A great big thank you to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first 5 star luxury hotel in Kollam with 95 rooms, located on the beach offering panoramic view of the Arabian Sea from every room till its horizon. The hotel is an ideal host to a holiday maker as well as corporates for their meetings, conventions, weddings at a destination which is untouched by many....Providing seven wonder views of the sea, beach, park, city, greenery harbor and backwaters. It Provides 95 sea facing rooms with Multi-cuisine restaurant, coffee shop, an infinity swimming pool, international spa and Kerala Ayurvedic centre, Health Club, is well designed and managed to offer international standard amenities and services to both leisure and business travelers alike. The concept of MICE tourism is incorporated with full size international convention centre that can accommodate up to 1500 people, one of the biggest beachside business facilities in India. The other seven conference halls of different capacities provide variety to conferencing and make it a pleasant and peaceful location for conducting business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Quilon Beach Hotel And Convention Centre
- Beach Orchid Kollam
- The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre Kollam, Kerala, India