What I am jotting down is from the experience I had from just one nights stay at the Quilon Beach Hotel. I travelled with family, and was there for a family function at Kollam.
The rooms are neat, and cosy. The building is showing its age, and they can do well with a bit of maintenance here and there. But by and large, they do maintain good standard. For the rates for which the rooms are made available, they are reasonably good. But then I was taken aback when I found that the hotel is categorised as five star, and the rack rates touch 6000+ for the rooms with Lowest Tariff. For that rate, I would not have considered the arrangement very reasonable.
All rooms seem to have a view of the beach. The view is simply beautiful and one which I would love to wake up to every day in my life. The morning sight of the long beach, being gently washed by the waves of Arabian sea lured every one out, despite a late sleep on the previous night. There is a gate opening in to the beach for the hotel and we were told that is the easiest way to reach the beach. But our enthusiasm and excitement was dampened finding that the just beside the gate the garbage from the hotel is piled up and it is indeed hard to walk past the place without covering one’s nose. The Hotel being named after the beach, and the beach obviously being the biggest attraction, they should have kept the pathway to the beach neat and tidy, if not with an ambience.
I did not have much time to access the service. But I did not feel any hitch either at check in or check out.
The food was really good. We had a breakfast. The Buffet Spread had some thing to satisfy every appetite.
Overall, the place is really nice one to stay. I find it is rated in category “Five Star Luxuary”. Please do not expect that in reality. But then the actual rates are also much below that standards. So, one may treat it is as reasonable.
There is a pool, but it was by my standards over occupied. No other facilities were noticed by me. However, the proximity to the beach and the gandhiji children's park will compensate for all those absence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first 5 star luxury hotel in Kollam with 95 rooms, located on the beach offering panoramic view of the Arabian Sea from every room till its horizon. The hotel is an ideal host to a holiday maker as well as corporates for their meetings, conventions, weddings at a destination which is untouched by many....Providing seven wonder views of the sea, beach, park, city, greenery harbor and backwaters. It Provides 95 sea facing rooms with Multi-cuisine restaurant, coffee shop, an infinity swimming pool, international spa and Kerala Ayurvedic centre, Health Club, is well designed and managed to offer international standard amenities and services to both leisure and business travelers alike. The concept of MICE tourism is incorporated with full size international convention centre that can accommodate up to 1500 people, one of the biggest beachside business facilities in India. The other seven conference halls of different capacities provide variety to conferencing and make it a pleasant and peaceful location for conducting business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Quilon Beach Hotel And Convention Centre
- Beach Orchid Kollam
- The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre Kollam, Kerala, India