Even my standard room was beautifully decorated, with dark furniture, elegant lighting (yes – no naked bulbs!) and a top notch bathroom. The hotel has central a/c. At the end of each floor is a room for reading and relaxing that has comfortable chairs.
The restaurant was excellent – food is a good quality and well presented. A proper complimentary breakfast is provided – not just the usual terrible south Indian options, but also eggs (including poached if you like) and potato croquettes were available. It might be nice to add a few non-veg items as well to the breakfast selection.
(1) There was no hot water when I took a shower in the evening; it was fine in the morning.
(2) The hotel policy is ‘no smoking’ but there was a definite smell of cigarette smoke in the corridor and possibly also in my room – this is the main reason for me not giving the hotel 5 ‘stars’.
(3) There was a loud banging noise at around 11pm – according to reception it was “painting”. The noise did stop after I phoned reception twice, but loud painting shouldn’t be carried out at times when people are obviously going to be sleeping. When I called up the receptionist rather amusingly asked me if the noise was disturbing me – errrh…
(4) For lunch a lot of items were not available and the waiter wasn’t able to tell me clearly which items were unavailable, which made ordering a bit difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nani is a 3 star luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of Kollam town. It boasts 28 well appointed rooms, a multi-cuisine restaurant, conference hall, business centre, library and fitness centre. All rooms are stylishly appointed using only the finest of materials to satisfy the most discerning of guests. Welcome to Nani, for an experience as unique as you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Nani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nani Kollam, Kerala, India