All reviews sand dunes these apartments one night minute walk outdoor pool was nice the worst thing hotel restaurant the river jacuzzi region town checkin balcony properties gym
Selected filters
Reviewed October 1, 2018

On a positive note the staff where helpful and charming. Unfortunately the apartments are extremely tired. Bathrooms must be 20 years old as is the kitchen I think. Sheets clean but bed as hard as a rock, never had such terrible pillows. They felt like they were filled with cotton wool balls!! Had to keep asking for room to be cleaned. Eventually on third day it was. But the worst thing was the wasp invested tree on our patio which meant we were unable to use it for sunbathing or al fresco dining. This tree really needs to be removed.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We were moved here at late notice because hotel we were supposed to be booked in was full (the Milfontes Beach - its in the same group). Check-in was completely chaotic - no-one there to meet us. Rooms weren’t clean - ours stank of cigarettes. Worst of all a large group of teenagers arrives at 2:30am and started a party until 4am - there are no staff on-site to do anything. If you get moved - argue as much as you can - this is one to avoid.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018

Terrible experience!! I went to a wedding in Milfontes and booked one night at Quinta da Samoqueira but the Hotel management convince me to change for an apartment on Duna Parque Beach Club for the same rate (100€), arguing that I could get lost getting to Quinta da Samoqueira at night and it was better offer to stay in their apartments. I was the wedding photographer and my goal was a good night sleep after the wedding, which normally end late. By 8am I couldn't sleep any more because the front door had no light curtain and the room was full of light. In addition, the lack of the room soundproofing was so big I could hear all the noises from the above apartment. Overall the room was uncomfortably big and unpleasant for a stay!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at Duna Parque Beach Club (in a 2 bedroom apartment) whilst on an Activities Abroad holiday. Although I can understand the comments about confusing check-in arrangements (the apartments are one of many accommodations owned by Duna Parque and check in happens nowhere near the apartments - challenging if you are holidaying without a car - our rep, Ricardo, helped us with that.
Our apartment was spacious and pretty well appointed with a view of the pool and great WiFi (a critical element when travelling with 2 teenagers!) The outdoor pool was nice and had ample sunbeds for the number of guests. Since we didn't have (and didn't want to buy) swim hats we weren't allowed to visit the indoor pool and jacuzzi. Sadly the paddle tennis was extortionate to rent a court and equipment and the mini golf was unplayable due to it being old and ill-maintained.
The breakfast buffet was served in one of the other Duna Parque properties a 5-7 minute walk away. Food was good and the view from the riverfront seating impressive.
Overall these apartments are a great option to visit this relatively undiscovered region of Portugal. We were out am busy every day - kayaking, paddleboarding, surfing, cycling, abseiling etc etc - but you could equally enjoying relaxing on the beach (ocean or river side) or exploring the small town and the wonderful restaurants it has to offer.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Size wise good for families, indoor and out door pool, paddle ball courts, right on the sand dunes to the beach. Short walk to town. Great ocean and beach views. Central reservation intown a little off.

Date of stay: July 2018