“Superior room well worth the extra.”
Review of The White Hart Inn

The White Hart Inn
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have stayed here twice when visiting family. The last time I paid extra for a ground floor superior room. Well worth it. The room was very spacious. Reception was most helpful, I arrived early and was able to leave my bags in the room. Car parking is available on site, try to park at the far end away from the entrance if you can as the car park is used by customers frequenting the bar in the evening.
Food was very good and reasonably priced.
Why not 5 star rating? Only because I have to be on the road early on Saturday and breakfast did not start until 08.00 so had to miss it. Check out friendly and efficient.
Overall a good place to stay overnight.

Room Tip: Try for a ground floor room. Very quiet even when guests in the room. Very convenient for car parkin...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SymesD
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments online. I am glad that Stuart and the team at White Hotel looked after you and you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed January 5, 2013

On the run up to Christmas I needed somewhere quiet for a night and this was perfect! Great room, comfy and warm. I was in the older part, somehow they have shoehorned a huge bed into the room and I slept very well. Lovely breakfast, nice pub, and in one of the nicest villages
in the county. (though there are many!) Great service too, with special thanks to "Amelia".
For north american readers you need a car, but its an easy 30 minute drive from LHR avoiding the motorway(M25).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DiverRob
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Firstly I would like to thank you for your review. We work very hard on ensuring that our guests are made to feel as comfortable as possible, and I am glad that Amelia ensured that this was the case with your stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

In a week of staying in several hotels, mostly supposedly better than this, we had the best night's sleep as the beds were so comfortable. It was clean and very comfortable. Maybe not the biggest room but certainly packed with everything one needed.

The staff, Stuart and Amelia were very helpful and breakfast was very good. According to my husband the porridge and kippers were excellent. I would recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Never judge the package by the outside
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Judy D

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments online. I am glad that Stuart and the team at White Hart Hotel looked after you and you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I agree with one reviewer that maybe the the room we stayed in could do with a bit of TLC but only in the respect of decoration the bed was exceptionally comfortable and the duvet and pillows lovely, TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities (plenty of milk etc) and an efficient shower, we had all that we wanted. The room was cool but not cold when we arrived we just turned up the radiator and it was warm and lovely and cosy. The staff were great very helpful, thank you Michael you were most welcoming and made us feel very special. We ate in the evening two meals for £9.95 everything as we expected , you don't get Gordon Ramsay for that price the drinks were as well reasonably priced and the pub itself nicely done out. The breakfast in the morning was delicious with a really good choice, we were served by Stuart (the pubs host) who again was very helpful and attentive, having only been there 5 weeks, we hope you and your team do well we would definitely return if in the area

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rosie194

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments online. I am glad that Stuart and the team at Whte Hart Hotel looked after you and you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Despite it being a cold November afternoon, there was no heating on in the wooden chalet style room. The room was large with two single beds (we had booked a double) a coffee table, two easy chairs, two dining style chairs, tea making facilities and a small wall mounted tv (intermittent Signal). The carpet was showing signs of age and there was not one picture on the walls, in the lobby area the was two unlocked cupboards, containing spare housekeeping items, plus some dirty socks and used linen. It was not a welcoming place. The bathroom heated towel rail was not on and was icy. The grout was black in places and there was mould on the skirting board, there was plenty of hot water and towels plus a dubious red coloured bottle of toiletries - label unreadable.
The bed was comfortable and the linen clean, but there was a significant blood stain on one pillow.
We did not have an evening meal, so can not comment. Breakfast was good. The staff said the right words but their heart wasn't in it. There did not appear to be effective supervisio of the hotel and its staff.
We had stayed before and had a pleasant stay so were disappointed with this visit. The hotel is so well located and reasonably priced it is a shame.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HollyGB70

Thank you for your feedback and comments Stuart has taken these on board and has taken time with all the team to correct the issues and make changes where required

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I took 31 diners for an evening of food (3 courses for £12.50!) and drinks. The room could have accommodated 60 diners.

The food had to be pre-ordered to help the restaurant serve us in good time. The service was friendly and efficient and the food was acceptable, given the bargain price. The overall bill at the end of the evening was very reasonable and the ability to close-off the room to the rest of the restaurant helped when we came to speeches at the end. Highly recommended for a group dinner at a budget price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here with my wife on 9 November and I have to say that the welcome was outstanding. We stayed here earlier in the year and do not remember the gentleman who checked us in and showed us to the room.
We decided to eat in the restaurant because we remembered excellent food. Unfortunately the haddock did not add to the previous memory. I always believe that a good chef skins fish and this was not.
The young man that waited on us was very helpful and charming.
We were in room number one and it was pleasant. The bed was comfortable but I could hear the people in the room above us when they moved about due to creaky floorboards.
I had a breakfast with a poached egg and it was ok but the egg could have been drained better. The waitress continued with the excellent standard.
I do like The White Hart and would not hesitate to stay here again because of the staff.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon B

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments online. I am glad that Steve and the team at George Hotel looked after you and you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon

Been to The White Hart Inn? Share your experiences!