“Not impressed this time.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Schofield, Wisconsin
“Not impressed this time.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Got a suite for the weekend, usually the staff is very pleasant and helpful. Not this go round. The room above us was overly noisy well past 3:30am,sounded like the ceiling was caving in. Talking to the front desk was like talking to myself. Usually it's very a pleasant trip, this is why we choice this hotel over going across the street. Not this time....

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with my staff and I. We try very hard to impress the guests and in your case we failed to do so. I want to assure you I personally will address thse issues with all the staff. We will work harder to deserve your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Thought I should start with the Positives: Food. The breakfast spread(quality and selection) was above average and the staff worked hard to keep up with the demand which at times was relentless. Staff. They did try hard to fix our group's reservations [BTW, if you go through some site like Hotels dot com then make sure your reservation is transferred to HIE as your EXACT requirements for bed configuration (King vs 2 Queens) instead of 'Best available room', just sayin]
Negatives: Capacity. When the hotel is full, expect to have no hot water in the morning. And get down early for breakfast. Noise. The doors slam like you won't believe and when there are a lot of kids, well, you get the idea.
As adults, we'd look for a different place next time, however for families, especially if you're skiing, etc, it's probably fine.
Suggestion to HIE - take out the TVs in the bathroom(useless) and install soft closers for the doors.

Room Tip: We were on a second floor end room and I'd say anywhere where you could limit the number of door...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your stay with us. My staff and I work very hard to make it enjoyable for you. With all the families on the weekends we realize it can become quite noisy. I fI can make a suggestion the next time you stay with us request upper floor to get away from the noise. We certainly will take your concerns into consideration.
San Tan Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and found it excellent each time. This time, however, I was put in room 206, which is above the furnace/mechanical room. Every 20 minutes or so a loud noise came on that sounded like a shopvac. This went on all night. I will definitely be back, as the staff, rooms, breakfasts and amenities are terrific, but I will know which room not to stay in.

Room Tip: Dont stay in 206
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jd318us
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
My staff and I want to thank you for your kind words. We will definetly check that room to see what is going on. We want to invite you back during your next stay in Wausau.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

This property delivers typical HI fare when it comes to amenities, but excels when it comes to guest service. This review is not about the property, its about the people. I have been a guest numerous times across the years, and the one thing that always stands out for me is the people. From check-in through check-out, every employee I've ever encountered has been genuinely friendly and accommodating. I choose HI for consistency from property to property, but can definitely say that the staff here excel in their attitude of service to their guests. Location is convenient. Breakfast is above average. Employees are the #1 reason I keep coming back to this property!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RomanceWriter
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
My staff and I want to thank you for taking the time to let the hotel hear our responses. We work hard to make sure your stay is a enjoyable as possible. Please continue to visit when you are in the Wausau area.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at many HI's before and this one had the typical HI amenities. I liked the workout room and the beds were comfortable. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have individual creamers for coffee but that is something small. They did have a TV in the bathroom though.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Celia P
heyroth, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
My staff and I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We always supply indivual creamers in our coffee area. I will definetly check into the reason they were not there. Our pool was not closed down entirely for repair, We block it off when we are adding chemicals and doing readings. This is for the safety of our guests.
With your feedback we can stive harder to let the guests be more informed . We would like to invite you back during your next visit to the Wausau area.
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have stayed in a number of Holiday Inn Express facilities. This facility fit the general pattern. There were also some things that were unique of worth mentioning. We were surprised to find two TVs, off course there was one viewable from the bed, but the was also a TV in the bathroom. All of the staff that we encountered greeted us and were friendly. Unfortunately the breakfast area has a pinball and game room next to were the food is, and a jaw breaker machine in the eating area. These will certainly cause problems for some families. We used the fitness facility, but the elliptical machine did not seem to work smoothly. There was an interesting pool for tots in the swimming pool area, but it was roped off for repairs. That would be a disappointment for some families with children.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank svenskjim
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear svenskjim,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I booked this hotel over the internet. My wife and I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels, but never at this one. The staff was very knowledgeable and made check-in fast and fun. Our room was large and very comfortable. It had all the amenities including coffee maker, mini-fridge and microwave. Our only complaint was that the bed was a little softer than we like, but that's a personal preference. Breakfast was very good and included their famous cinnamon rolls. Check-out was as pleasant as check-in. We will definitely stay here again if we're in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJ L
heyroth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
My staff and I want to Thank you for your positive feedback. We try to make every guests stay a pleasant one. Please visit us again when you are in the Wausau area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau
No photo provided
Quality Inn Wausau
Quality Inn Wausau
#8 of 10 in Wausau

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!