“Nice stay!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Weston
Prescott
“Nice stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was traveling to the area for a funeral and found that this Hotel was a Category 1 for Marriott Rewards point trade. What a treasure of a deal. I was impressed with the staff, who quickly accomodated my request for a rollaway bed (which also turned out to be a nicer bed than I expected). The staff were even thoughtful enough to add an extra set of towels with the linens. I was lucky enough to check in while Fairfield had a Taste Sensation event. Wow, that was wonderful timing. The food was impressive, thanks to "Lisa's Catering" out of Wittenberg, WI, your food and staff were wonderful! EVERYTHING, I tried was yummy! HIghly recommended for any event you need catered. The accomodations met all my expectations of a Fairfield/Marriott. The pool and whirlpool were of comfortable temperature and maintained. No complaints about the rooms. Would suggest a mini fridge. The "continental" breakfast was one of the nicer ones I've seen. Waffles, boiled eggs, Jimmy Dean sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, juices, cereal, hot oatmeal, bagles, milk, coffee (0f course), doughnuts.....and I probably missed something. As you can guess, I would stay at this hoel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TwoLooseScrews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Eagle River, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here after having surgery at a Wausau Hospital. Check in was super easy with front desk person being very helpful. Room was extra clean which is really important to me. Stayed two nights. Breakfast was good, coffee was on all day and fresh, housekeeper was very nice and wanted to make sure I had everything I needed to be comfortable after surgery. I needed a late checkout and they were excellent about that as well. Even though it is a little ways from downtown Wausau, it is very easy to get on the highway to get to Wausau quickly. I will always make this my choice when going to Wausau to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

Judging from the condition of the hotel, this is a fairly new place. We stayed over Christmas in 2011. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a pleasant girl at the desk, who was able to accommodate our request for a first floor room. The room was in great shape, with a large television, plenty of space to walk around in, and a clean bathroom. We didn't get to check out many of the facilities - this was only an overnight stay. But we did stop by for breakfast in the morning. I must say this was one of the best continental breakfasts I have ever had. Breakfast sandwiches and make your own waffles accompany the standards (bagels, donuts, etc.) They also had fresh fruit, fruit cups, and a large selection of yogurts. As a non-breakfast person, walking away from this as stuffed as I was is a testament to their options. Check-out was a breeze as well. The price was $100, which is a little high for Wausau, but was well worth it for a clean, comfortable stay. Location is a little off the beaten path, but you're only a few minutes a way from shopping and dining.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stopped here for a night on the way home from a Packer game. It is a newer hotel and nicer than some of the others I have stayed in in this area. It is exactly what I expect from a Marriott, which is perfect. The beds are great, the pillows work well, the room was clean and the internet was speedy. It is outside of Wausau in a quiet area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway, I could hear the road noise all night
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank burkehouse
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

We used this Fairfield Inn as our base to explore Wausau and the surround areas. It is in a business park but offers easy access to the interstate and downtown Weston. Wausau was only a ten minute drive. The room was large, very clean and functional. Everything worked as promised. Pool and spa open but small. Whirlpool in room was nice. The breakfast was above average with waffle machines, beverages, fresh scrambled eggs, a mix of breads,
oatmeal and microwave breakfast sandwiches. VERY NICE. All areas of the motel very clean. Easy to park. Front desk friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

We were greeted with smiles from Guest Services. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Prices were great. We were there for a conference on Friday night and Saturday but enjoyed the stay so much we stayed an extra night. Continental Breakfast was very good. Good selection of food. The lady traveling with my wife and I was called by the Motel and asked if she was part of our group. She said yes and was given the special conference rate. Great to see people will go out of their way to help the traveler. Saturday evening the desk clerk made popcorn for my wife and the lady with us as they watched TV in the lounge. She also gave our friend a blanket and started the fire place for them. The only problem was the hair dryer in our room did not work, but was fixed immediately upon request. Can't say enough about the frienedliness of the staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank gratefuldad30
Freienbach / Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

Just a Fairfield Inn from the outside but offering so much more once you are inside ;-)
7 to 10 minutes drive to the ski resort (Granite Peak).
Very quiet. Wireless internet working perfectly (though I wish it would be faster). Nice indoor swimming pool.
Rooms was clean.
Breakfast is fantastic and nothing like you usually get in that kind of hotel. Great choice. Fresh fruits. Kind of homemade waffle preparation (waffles tasted much better than anything you get in other 2 or 3 stars hotels. The usual cereals, muffins and bread of course but delicious yoghurts and fruit salads. And even more options available (scrambled eggs and various pre-packaged sandwiches).
Booking the hotel on the ski resort homepage (look for skigranitepeak.com) was the best option and we ended up staying 2 nights for the price of 1.
Should we go back in that area we will definitely stay at the Fairfield Inn again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau
#5 of 10 in Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
#2 of 10 in Wausau

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!