Just returned from a weeks stay in the Jandia Mar, a very relaxing week, although did not start well. We arrive around 10.40pm and was first booked into Block 8. Again just given a map and no help although we have been told that come July there will be a bell boy employed.. At reception, Efren explained that there would be some food down in the restaurant at 11pm, to just leave our cases and have a drink before getting something to eat. On getting to the room (8001) which was spacey with big bed, Although over looked the Jandia Playa's car park, we found the connecting door was unlocked!!!! on opening the other door I startled a German couple, quickly closed the doors and went back to reception. We then had a stressful 20/25 min debate with Marcel, think he was a supervisor/manager who when i explained the situation, first said "as these rooms can accommodate families, we dont know until you arrive that its just a couple so they dont lock them"... hated to say but if room 8002 had a German couple already in there then there cant be a family coming into room 8001. Marcel was not pleased when I said this and also when I said it was for my safety that the door must be locked or move us to another room. he replied that there was no other rooms. So I said, so the hotel is full!!!! to which he said yes but on standing my ground and not moving on a new room, after much chatting in spanish, disappearing for 10/15 mins without saying what was happening, we got moved to block 3 (3108). However going from block 8 to block 3 there must be approx 60 steps, no help and by this time it was 12.15am.
I did speak with Alfonso (manager of the reception) the following day and explained everything that happened and he was the first person to apologise and offered us the use of our room on a late check out basis. However the reception staff were always helpful when we had to deal with them, so maybe Marcel is the odd one out.
**But make sure the interconnecting door is locked before you unpack.
However the following 6 days went without a hitch, plenty of sunbeds no matter when you arrived at the pools, although the pools are freezing.
As mentioned by previous reviewers I've also been on AL 4* holidays and this hotel, rooms, food, drink, entertainment, sun beds, I would consider this one to be good quality, definately on a par with many that I've stayed in.
The hotel, the bedrooms and bathroms are all spotless. Although I wouldnt spend any money to upgrade to a sea view room as its not worth it. Nearly every room has some sort of sea view.
The Italian al a carte restaurant is lovely and well worth booking for one night
Just one word of warning..... if you are out on the terrace at night and you go to the pool bar for your drinks..... it is served in a paper cup (about the size of a Macdonalds medium drink) ... it is 1/3 alcohol and 1/3 coke, sprite, fanta ..... so it is lethal..... probably more like 4 drinks in 1.....
Jandia is very quiet so although I enjoyed my holiday and it was very relaxing, I probably wouldnt go back to the area, nowhere to go for a walk at night and the hill is a killer climbing it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy more than 50,000 m² of fun, comfort and entertainment in a privileged setting. The Barcelo Jandia Mar**** hotel, which has been awarded the Thomas Cook Marque of Excellence, is situated opposite the spectacular Jandia beach, in the south of Fuerteventura. The hotel offers a wide range of services and activities for you to enjoy your holidays to the max. Relax and pamper yourself in our health and wellness centre, which boasts a sauna, gym, solarium and massage services. For sports lovers, the hotel offers an extensive range of activities including: mini-golf and multi-sports court, water sports, windsurfing, scuba diving and sport fishing. And for the little ones, we have the Barcy Kid's Club. With the Barcelo All Inclusive programme, you can enjoy all the hotel facilities and its superb restaurants (the All Inclusive service finishes at 23.00). The Barcelo Jandia Mar hotel is the perfect choice to enjoy your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Occidental Jandia Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Jandia Mar Hotel Pajara
- Barcelo Hotel Jandia Mar
- Barcelo Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Jandia
- Occidental Jandia Mar Fuerteventura, Spain