We have just got back after 2 weeks here and although it wasnt our best holiday, it certainly wasnt our worse.
We had two connecting rooms which were large and clean. beds were rock hard and i woke up every morning with back ache! Hotel grounds are nice but bins around pools fill up quickly and could do with being emptied a bit more often.
The spa was nice overall but the smell in there was awful...reminded me of wet dog! We booked a few massages which are expensive but very relaxing.
Hill to beach is managable but seems worse than it is when the temperature starts rising, definately needs a more frequent bus back and forth. The beach itself is amazing...best ive ever seen.
Food was nice, but a bit repetative after a few days, also we all came down with stomach upsets a few days in to the holls and although we couldnt prove it was caused by the food, we hadnt eaten anywhere else at that point!
Jandia is a nice quiet resort, perfect for just a week but a bit boring for two weeks as theres not much to do, our evenings consisted of a few cocktails, and bed by 11pm as the AI ends promptly at that time.
Evening entertainment was a bit hitt or miss, some nights were dire others were pretty good (especially the bejing acrobats!).
Overall I would say if your looking for a relaxing family get away then its fine, if you want a bit more variety and excitment dont choose the barcelo or jandia. we made the best of the holiday but we paid fairly expensive july prices and we probably wouldnt return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy more than 50,000 m² of fun, comfort and entertainment in a privileged setting. The Barcelo Jandia Mar**** hotel, which has been awarded the Thomas Cook Marque of Excellence, is situated opposite the spectacular Jandia beach, in the south of Fuerteventura. The hotel offers a wide range of services and activities for you to enjoy your holidays to the max. Relax and pamper yourself in our health and wellness centre, which boasts a sauna, gym, solarium and massage services. For sports lovers, the hotel offers an extensive range of activities including: mini-golf and multi-sports court, water sports, windsurfing, scuba diving and sport fishing. And for the little ones, we have the Barcy Kid's Club. With the Barcelo All Inclusive programme, you can enjoy all the hotel facilities and its superb restaurants (the All Inclusive service finishes at 23.00). The Barcelo Jandia Mar hotel is the perfect choice to enjoy your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Occidental Jandia Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Jandia Mar Hotel Pajara
- Barcelo Hotel Jandia Mar
- Barcelo Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Jandia
- Occidental Jandia Mar Fuerteventura, Spain