Occidental Jandia Mar
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
El Jardin(Jandia Peninsula)
Great 4.5/5
    SBH Jandia Resort(Playa de Jandia)
    Average 3/5
    • Pool
    Hotel Ocean World(Morro del Jable)
    Great 4.5/5
    Iberostar Playa Gaviotas(Playa de Jandia)
    Great 4.5/5
    Aldiana Fuerteventura(Morro del Jable)
    5,856 results
    All reviewsjandia marsteep hillsnack barfishself serviceanimation teamcrazy golfsaladporkice creamsister hotelindoor poolmini golfplenty of sunbedsfree busself servesoft drinks
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went to Barceló Jandia Mar in April with friends. They staff were excellent. Lots of entertainment during the day if you wanted to join in. The evening entertainment was brilliant and we had a really lovely time. Top marks to Sandra who was absolutely the best fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor as there can be a lot of steps.
    • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
    5  Thank rosie8788
    Reviewed May 11, 2013

from arrival to departure cannot thank barcelo mar staff and services enough, making this one of our more memorable holidays taken in a long time, having statyed at several all inclusives , from 3/4/5 star and crusing holidays worldwide, feel def. one of the best value places to stay, no one can guarantee the weather, or other guests holidaying at the same time, remember we are british not canarians and the canarians welcome us so warmly, who ever you brush shoulder with no matter what nationality treat and speak as you would wish for yourself and you may be surprised at your response, go with an open mind and get the most out of your vacation, and altho the hill is on a gradiant, most people with average fitness, will cope no problem, just take it slowly and in your own time, i have ME and managed it slow pace in 7 mins, dont be put off can always use route through playa which is a lovely walk through gardens, just ask at reception they are lovely and go the xtra mile to assist,. THANKS YOU JANDIA MAR AND YOUR FULL COMPLIMENT OF STAFF, IT WAS A PLEASURE STAYING WITH YOU AND JUST THE TONIC NEEDED, HOPEFULLY SEE YOU ALL AGAIN VERY SOON. KEEP YOUR WIDE INVITING SMILEY FACES, YOU ALL A CREDIT TO BARCELO . ENJOY X

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
    5  Thank j B
    Reviewed May 3, 2013

My partner and I live in Lanzarote and we decided to have a short break in Fuerteventura, and this is where we stayed. It was the first time we had gone all inclusive, but I must admit it was superb value for money and the food was of very high standard and the drinks were of decnt quality. The pools were very nice as was the spa and free gym, but most importantly the staff were very nice and they all aimed to please. Will go back again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank scottysilverdj
    Reviewed April 30, 2013

So clean. You could eat from the lobby floor and the disinfectant that is used smells divine. Helpful. Any problem or query you may have the hotel reception staff deal with it efficiently and happily.
    Food. Well cooked, lots of choice. Some theme nights eg Mexican and Spanish food. House wine and beer really good enough.
    Waiting staff. Mature and experienced and immaculately clean, the effieciency of table clearing is superb.
    Staff. All happy and pleasant.
    Room maids. Fantastically clean and trustworthy and discreet.
    Entertainment. Staff work really hard, taking various classes and sports throughout the day and then perform at night. The choreographer was a little lazy though unfortunately but there was a good variety of shows.
    Room. Wonderful, we had a suite due to the fact that our daughter needed to study. It was very clean and the sofa was comfortable, the staff were able to put an extra bed in the sitting room and she therefore had her own space. Our beds were beautifully comfortable and made brilliantly each day, fresh towels too. The bathroom was to die for! We wanted to bring it home!
    There were 2 TV's (mostly German channels unfortunately - but who goes on holiday to watch TV anyway?!) and a fridge which we had no need to use other than water.

Don't be put off by rooms which have a mountain view rather than a sea view. The mountain and front of the hotel are beautiful and if you are lucky enough to have a balcony you will hear the start (considerately not before 9.00am) of a soothing waterfall and you get the sun in the evening to enjoy your drinks. Balcony also cleaned beautifully each day and has the added advantage of an extending clothes airer for your swim clothes. Perfect!

Drinks and snacks at the pristinely clean pools,from slush puppies to cocktails - you will want for nothing if you are all inclusive other than a coffee when you wake up - and gorgeous, gorgeous grounds with flowers, herbs and night lighting groomed with immense pride.

Crazy Golf immaculate.

Spa and gym, clean, warm and offered many treatments although it would have been nice to have a list to take away or in the room. I could never remember the prices on leaving!

Yes there are steps outside, but we saw at least 3 people bandaged and recouperating from recent operations on this holiday and some with leg healing but they all seemed to cope. There was one downes syndrome client. Most people staying here were mature and many first time parents with tinies taking a calm and very safe break.

The only difficulty is the hill.
    You can reach the stunning beach and conservation via the underpass at the bottom of the hill, in about 15 mins or alternatively the main shopping centre in the other direction about the same.
    We walked down easily (though watch out for uneven steps and pavements at the bottom) and got a cab back - depending on where we boarded between 3-5 euros max. We did walk up a few times for fun, but it is not fun in the heat, only mornings and evenings!

Despite this little problem we would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and Jandia beach for a restful, peaceful, healthy break.

We hope to return, so THANK YOU to all for your hospitality and very hard work at Barcelo Jandia Mar.

PS apologies for the wrong date setting on our photos! It was April 2013.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
    8  Thank Tillyma
    Reviewed April 26, 2013

It took me along time to pluck up the courage to book, as I was traveling alone with my 12 year old twins. I was diagnosed with cancer last year, and my mother also died 3 months after my diagnosis with her cancer - so this holiday was well needed break for mind, body and soul.

As a single mother, my mum was my travel companion.

I contacted the hotel before we arrived, and arranged an upgrade with maria. We had abit of email correspondance, and I felt better about going.

When we arrived we were given room 507. OMG when we opened the door we were in the lounge area, with white mock leather sofas, flat screen ect. The bedroom was beautifull too, with another flat screen. The bathroom was amazing. MASSIVE with double marble sinks, huge step up and into bath, and a shower that could fit about 6 people in.
    Id sit on the loo some days and just admire it LOL.....

I did think at 1st that the place was too posh for us...

We over looked the pool area, and what a sight that was. Paradise, no other word for it. The only down side is that non of the pools were heated, so the twins rarely went in. They were breath takingly cold. Luckily the spa is open to kids between 1130-1230 and 3-4 with its indoor spa/pool which is hot like a bath.

Breakfast is 7-10, pool bar 10-6, snack bar 12-6, lunch 1-3, lobby bar 6-11 and dinner 7-10.
    Basically there was never a time you couldnt get a drink and only ever an hour to wait for something to eat.
    The food was great, great choice, and lots of it. I really enjoyed my meals there.

It was very french, then german and a handfull (I mean about 5) english. This didnt bother me at all, and im sure in season it would be different.
    Even the germans/french would say good morning at breakfast, if you happened to see the same ones. I never had any problems with anyone there.

The staff can not do enough for you.
    Maria knew I had been ill, and when we came back from the pool that 1st day, there were 3 plates left in our room, in celophane with bows on. 2 had sweets and 1 fruit. I have to admit the kindness made me very emotional.

Again, on our last day as they knew the twins birthday was within days, they put balloons and gifts in thier rooms.

During the day theres a few things going on by the pool, bingo, zumba ect, and some stretching. The only stretching I did was upto the wine dispensor... the entertainment team really do give it there all, they have a really good team there, I hope they realise that.

Of an evening show time was 10pm which I thought started abit late, and I beleive theres a disco after 11, but we never lasted till then.

The beds were really comfy and I had a really good nights sleep there.

I can not praise this place enough.... I shall defo try another Barcello next April. Id love to go back here, and may well do, but I always think you should try diff countries.
    It was my 1st trip to the canaries, and I loved it.

Theres a spa shop 15 mins away, and you can walk to the main shops in 30-40 mins (but we got a taxi for euro 4, as im also asthmatic and the heat played my asthma up abit).

The african market was abit of a let down, the chipmunks everyone goes on about - lets just say a chipmunk....

We did the water park trip with Thompsons. It was a long drive there and back as at the other end of island (id say over an hours drive) but it was great there and the kids loved it, and its a MUST if you have kids, or are a big kid yourself.
    We also did the subcat trip. This was only from the port up the road, so we were only out for 3 hours max. Thats a trip worth doing, I mean who do you know thats been in a submarine???

Anyways, I will just end this reveiw by saying Barcelo Jandia Mar - wonderfull.... ive never experienced anything as good before, I felt like royalty.

Room Tip: Anyroom starting with 5, but these are the upgrade rooms, so if you can push the ££ boat out, do so.
    • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family