“EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY”

Occidental Jandia Mar
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Pajara
York, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

from arrival to departure cannot thank barcelo mar staff and services enough, making this one of our more memorable holidays taken in a long time, having statyed at several all inclusives , from 3/4/5 star and crusing holidays worldwide, feel def. one of the best value places to stay, no one can guarantee the weather, or other guests holidaying at the same time, remember we are british not canarians and the canarians welcome us so warmly, who ever you brush shoulder with no matter what nationality treat and speak as you would wish for yourself and you may be surprised at your response, go with an open mind and get the most out of your vacation, and altho the hill is on a gradiant, most people with average fitness, will cope no problem, just take it slowly and in your own time, i have ME and managed it slow pace in 7 mins, dont be put off can always use route through playa which is a lovely walk through gardens, just ask at reception they are lovely and go the xtra mile to assist,. THANKS YOU JANDIA MAR AND YOUR FULL COMPLIMENT OF STAFF, IT WAS A PLEASURE STAYING WITH YOU AND JUST THE TONIC NEEDED, HOPEFULLY SEE YOU ALL AGAIN VERY SOON. KEEP YOUR WIDE INVITING SMILEY FACES, YOU ALL A CREDIT TO BARCELO . ENJOY X

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank j B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
lanzarote
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My partner and I live in Lanzarote and we decided to have a short break in Fuerteventura, and this is where we stayed. It was the first time we had gone all inclusive, but I must admit it was superb value for money and the food was of very high standard and the drinks were of decnt quality. The pools were very nice as was the spa and free gym, but most importantly the staff were very nice and they all aimed to please. Will go back again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scottysilverdj
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

So clean. You could eat from the lobby floor and the disinfectant that is used smells divine. Helpful. Any problem or query you may have the hotel reception staff deal with it efficiently and happily.
Food. Well cooked, lots of choice. Some theme nights eg Mexican and Spanish food. House wine and beer really good enough.
Waiting staff. Mature and experienced and immaculately clean, the effieciency of table clearing is superb.
Staff. All happy and pleasant.
Room maids. Fantastically clean and trustworthy and discreet.
Entertainment. Staff work really hard, taking various classes and sports throughout the day and then perform at night. The choreographer was a little lazy though unfortunately but there was a good variety of shows.
Room. Wonderful, we had a suite due to the fact that our daughter needed to study. It was very clean and the sofa was comfortable, the staff were able to put an extra bed in the sitting room and she therefore had her own space. Our beds were beautifully comfortable and made brilliantly each day, fresh towels too. The bathroom was to die for! We wanted to bring it home!
There were 2 TV's (mostly German channels unfortunately - but who goes on holiday to watch TV anyway?!) and a fridge which we had no need to use other than water.

Don't be put off by rooms which have a mountain view rather than a sea view. The mountain and front of the hotel are beautiful and if you are lucky enough to have a balcony you will hear the start (considerately not before 9.00am) of a soothing waterfall and you get the sun in the evening to enjoy your drinks. Balcony also cleaned beautifully each day and has the added advantage of an extending clothes airer for your swim clothes. Perfect!

Drinks and snacks at the pristinely clean pools,from slush puppies to cocktails - you will want for nothing if you are all inclusive other than a coffee when you wake up - and gorgeous, gorgeous grounds with flowers, herbs and night lighting groomed with immense pride.

Crazy Golf immaculate.

Spa and gym, clean, warm and offered many treatments although it would have been nice to have a list to take away or in the room. I could never remember the prices on leaving!

Yes there are steps outside, but we saw at least 3 people bandaged and recouperating from recent operations on this holiday and some with leg healing but they all seemed to cope. There was one downes syndrome client. Most people staying here were mature and many first time parents with tinies taking a calm and very safe break.

The only difficulty is the hill.
You can reach the stunning beach and conservation via the underpass at the bottom of the hill, in about 15 mins or alternatively the main shopping centre in the other direction about the same.
We walked down easily (though watch out for uneven steps and pavements at the bottom) and got a cab back - depending on where we boarded between 3-5 euros max. We did walk up a few times for fun, but it is not fun in the heat, only mornings and evenings!

Despite this little problem we would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and Jandia beach for a restful, peaceful, healthy break.

We hope to return, so THANK YOU to all for your hospitality and very hard work at Barcelo Jandia Mar.

PS apologies for the wrong date setting on our photos! It was April 2013.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Tillyma
Essex UK
Reviewed April 26, 2013

It took me along time to pluck up the courage to book, as I was traveling alone with my 12 year old twins. I was diagnosed with cancer last year, and my mother also died 3 months after my diagnosis with her cancer - so this holiday was well needed break for mind, body and soul.

As a single mother, my mum was my travel companion.

I contacted the hotel before we arrived, and arranged an upgrade with maria. We had abit of email correspondance, and I felt better about going.

When we arrived we were given room 507. OMG when we opened the door we were in the lounge area, with white mock leather sofas, flat screen ect. The bedroom was beautifull too, with another flat screen. The bathroom was amazing. MASSIVE with double marble sinks, huge step up and into bath, and a shower that could fit about 6 people in.
Id sit on the loo some days and just admire it LOL.....

I did think at 1st that the place was too posh for us...

We over looked the pool area, and what a sight that was. Paradise, no other word for it. The only down side is that non of the pools were heated, so the twins rarely went in. They were breath takingly cold. Luckily the spa is open to kids between 1130-1230 and 3-4 with its indoor spa/pool which is hot like a bath.

Breakfast is 7-10, pool bar 10-6, snack bar 12-6, lunch 1-3, lobby bar 6-11 and dinner 7-10.
Basically there was never a time you couldnt get a drink and only ever an hour to wait for something to eat.
The food was great, great choice, and lots of it. I really enjoyed my meals there.

It was very french, then german and a handfull (I mean about 5) english. This didnt bother me at all, and im sure in season it would be different.
Even the germans/french would say good morning at breakfast, if you happened to see the same ones. I never had any problems with anyone there.

The staff can not do enough for you.
Maria knew I had been ill, and when we came back from the pool that 1st day, there were 3 plates left in our room, in celophane with bows on. 2 had sweets and 1 fruit. I have to admit the kindness made me very emotional.

Again, on our last day as they knew the twins birthday was within days, they put balloons and gifts in thier rooms.

During the day theres a few things going on by the pool, bingo, zumba ect, and some stretching. The only stretching I did was upto the wine dispensor... the entertainment team really do give it there all, they have a really good team there, I hope they realise that.

Of an evening show time was 10pm which I thought started abit late, and I beleive theres a disco after 11, but we never lasted till then.

The beds were really comfy and I had a really good nights sleep there.

I can not praise this place enough.... I shall defo try another Barcello next April. Id love to go back here, and may well do, but I always think you should try diff countries.
It was my 1st trip to the canaries, and I loved it.

Theres a spa shop 15 mins away, and you can walk to the main shops in 30-40 mins (but we got a taxi for euro 4, as im also asthmatic and the heat played my asthma up abit).

The african market was abit of a let down, the chipmunks everyone goes on about - lets just say a chipmunk....

We did the water park trip with Thompsons. It was a long drive there and back as at the other end of island (id say over an hours drive) but it was great there and the kids loved it, and its a MUST if you have kids, or are a big kid yourself.
We also did the subcat trip. This was only from the port up the road, so we were only out for 3 hours max. Thats a trip worth doing, I mean who do you know thats been in a submarine???

Anyways, I will just end this reveiw by saying Barcelo Jandia Mar - wonderfull.... ive never experienced anything as good before, I felt like royalty.

Room Tip: Anyroom starting with 5, but these are the upgrade rooms, so if you can push the ££ boat out, do so.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank twinsformysins
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried, but I had nothing to worry about. This hotel is lovely and we had an excellent holiday. We really didnt want to come home and could have easily stayed longer. We had a room overlooking the pool, which was a great view to wake up to in the morning, and found the hotel clean and of a good standard.
The choice of food in the restaurant was excellent with fresh fish cooked for you while you wait, and a great choice of meat. Some buffet restaurants can get repetitive but this was not the case here. We expected to have to eat out and least once, but we didn't have to, as the food was so good. We also ate in the Italian restaurant in the hotel, which is available to all guests for one night during their holiday. Again, the food was lovely and I would recommend you take this opportunity up. I was surprised that some guests didn't.
The choice of all inclusive drinks was great, with cocktails and cava included. What more can you want then cocktails in the sun of an afternoon?? It also helped that soft drinks, wine and lager were self service so you never found huge queues at the bar.
The hotel is not predominately English, which did not bother us, but I dont know how this would work with kids clubs etc. Entertainment of a night was better than your average hotel entertainment.
Overall, we had a brilliant holiday, and loved this hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a pool view room when booking,and found that we had a great room with no steps to climb...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Clare N
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

As do we all when approaching a hotel on the coach everyone becomes anxious... this hotel from the set go was amazing. The size of the complex was unbelievable with catering to all requirements.
I stayed with a mate for a 5 day break as part of a last minute deal. Staff were friendly at all times, and any issues or questions were resolved immediately. Lay out was well explained as were all the facilities before we were given our room key.

First will say that i read the reviews always before going away and could only see one or two bad ones about speakers? and one about a hill.
Let me put minds at rest, the speakers i have no idea what the guest was on about... there isnt any loud speakers played late at night.

Also the hill has nothing to do with the hotel service and surroundings. Its a 800m walk from the hotel to the beach down a hill which takes 5 - 10mins. Yes then on the way back to the hotel its back up the hill but as long as you take it slowly its not a heartattack of a hill just a moderate incline.

The food was as some people put it slight average however there was a vast amount of range for different tastes, always piping hot and restocked throughout the entire opening times. Each night there was a different main appeal or you can have the basic sides.

Entertainment is catered for all, yet another review on here stated that its directed purely for Germans and that its mainly German people who go - in response - you dont go on holiday for the other guests so what does it matter what nationality they are who you walk amongst. Staff and entertainment is catered for all nationalities and they speak english in introducing activities/acts and throughout.

Pools are many, all of which have a shallow end and deeper of around 1.50m which is cleaned on a daily basis. There are many bars and snack bars to cater for all - a suggestion definately for all inclusive as the range to offer is vast with this and not just basic beer and wine but various other options and cocktails for instance included.

Definately worth the visit - Will happily recommend to all and will be revisiting again when i have more time off.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are incredible - but all choices from what i have seen are good. All cleaned daily an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank jacob v
Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews about this hotel I had been anxious about staying but there was no need what a superb holiday we had. Traveling with my husband and 9 year old daughter there was plenty going on within the hotel for entertainment. The food was great with a very wide choice but could have done to have been warmer. Spotless inside and outside, bar excellent. Jandia itself is stunning with lovely beaches but expensive for coffees, shopping etc I would recommend the oasis park zoo and the magic catamaran ride we booked both trips through the rep. Again the trips snd excurdions are quite expensive but you do get your moneys worth .The transfer time took almost 2 hours though. Evening cocktails were excellent we looked forward to going every night to see what flavour it was and would recommend booking the on site Italian themed resteraunt .

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank ruddsrolls
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pajara
Occidental Jandia Playa
Occidental Jandia Royal Level - Adults Only
Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa
Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura
Hotel Elba Carlota
Hotel Elba Carlota
#5 of 27 in Antigua
Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real

Been to Occidental Jandia Mar? Share your experiences!