“Excellent Hotel”

Fuerteventura Princess
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Pajara
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed here during the summer with my girlfriend and had a great time. the hotel is beautiful and the rooms are a good size and always kept spotless. The pool area is lovely just make sure you jump in as the water is freezing!
Great selection of foods on offer for breakfast and dinner and the staff were always freindly and helpful, just watch out for one of the photographers as he could be a right pain in the bum.
All in all great place to stay if you want some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
DireccionFTV, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Fuerteventura Princess, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination.
We are currently improving our customer service and would like to apologise that we were unable to respond to your review sooner as our guest’s opinions are very important to us. For further information please visit our webpage.

Hotel Fuerteventura Princess

Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I went to Fuerteventura Princess Hotel with my family-it was a great holiday!

Without a doubt, I think the meals were the best. Especially breakfast. I had for my breakfast most days croissants with melted chocolate on the top. Yummy in my tummy! For other meals there were lots of salads which I'd never heard of and all the best things I like-chips and ribs.

Most days I went into the swimming pools. There were 4 to 6 pools to choose from. There was one with a bar in the middle (my favourite) to get your best drinks and one had a view of the sea. However, most of the pools (but not all) were cold to refresh you from the heat.

The rooms were nice but small, but it was big enough for me and my dad. The beds were comfy and you could sink into them a little. On the TV you could get 6 English channels. We had a balcony so you could see a beautiful sight of the pools and the sea.

Unfortunately, the entertainment was a little boring on most evenings. I stayed for 8 days but I only liked 3 of the shows. They were The New Zealand Rugby Hacker, Tango dancing and a really big puppet show. However, my dad loved most of the shows.

Overall, I vote this was the best holiday ever for a ten year old like me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I had two weeks in the Fuerteventura Princess hotel in October (11-26) and it was really relaxing.
The rooms were cleaned everyday and had plenty of storage space for two weeks. The wardrobes have a safe (12.50 Euros a week).
The food was always varied and there was plenty to choose from.
We mainly used the nudist pool and although there are no umbrellas didn’t find this to be a problem as there are canopies that shelter can be found under. The pool was very quiet and relaxing and we found that we were always able to get a sunbed without any problems, even though we didn’t rush to put our towels out.
The beach is down a steep slope, but worth the walk as its lovely, but the wind can be a slight issue.
Several rock shelters have been built along the beach and people use these to shelter and sunbathe behind.
Evening entertainment was the typical format that is on holidays everywhere. Most of the bands were certainly watchable if not totally fantastic.
We both had a massage on the last day and again good value for money (€45 each) for full body.
Overall this was a holiday we really enjoyed and will certainly consider going again, the nudist pool is a fantastic resource and Thomson should look at more hotels with such a facility!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank robert p

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I've been to this hotel 6 or 7 times, and it's relaxing. Food is ok, and the beach is very enticing. The last time I was there I lost my passport before going home, and the staff were extremely helpful, contacting the police, providing a room at what appears to be a discounted cost, and, best of all, one of the reception staff arranged to help me in her own time to get a police report, as my Spanish isn't up to much.
OK, the decor is a bit tired, and finding your room initially can be a trial, but if you go to a place like this for the decor, you need a re-think! Go and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere, read a few books and spend the days on the beach, which you can get to more easily than at any other hotel in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Mogchops

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Just returned from my first trip to the island - my second visit to a Princess Hotel.

Flew from Birmingham - easy transfer to the hotel and even though it was nearly 10.00pm, they had put food aside in the restaurant for us.

I didn't appreciate how huge the complex was. It took some time for me to find my room - one comment to the hotel could be for them to improve signposting! Trundling with luggage in the dark around a small village wasn't a good start! But I awoke to brilliant sun and saw the complex for the first time in light and I was impressed.

Few quick points:

Room - cleaned daily - no problems apart from the rubbish pillows! Bathroom was cleaned daily - shower was efficient. Air-con did work efficiently.

Food - lots of it if you want it. Good choice and something (surely) for everyone. Dining room was well maintained with cheerful staff who worked hard to keep it running smoothly.

Pools - clean and especially nice in the late afternoon. One minor gripe - the noise from the music used by the ''animacion'' team was a bit too loud but I just kept further down the complex. Spotlessly clean - plenty pf sunbeds (it was October) but the usual towels out from breakfast time! Some shaded areas but no parasols around pool.

Area - not much in walking distance. I did get the bus to Morro Jable and avoided the shopping centre half way between. Walked along the beach to the lighthouse - a lovely way to spend a morning. The bus back seemed to lack air-con and it was an uncomfortable 20 minutes!

Beach - how lovely to have a beach just below the hotel. I walked ''to the left'' for about a mile to find a quiet patch of sand near to a bar. I didn't mind paying for the use of a sunbed and parasol as the peace was appreciated. The walk (or paddle) back was lovely as was the beer at the beach bar just by the hotel gates. That bar did lovely salads and sangria.

Excursion - did the Thomson day tour of the island. Absolutely brilliant despite the hairy roads through the mountains. Delighted to have returned having seen more than the hotel, the next town and the beach! Highly recommended.

Conclusion - an enjoyable week in bigger than expected complex......but it ticked many boxes - clean, efficient, good food, lovely pools and superb beach. I have read a number of the reviews - most reflect what I found to be the case. It was a hot sunny week and having gone away tired and drained, I have returned relaxed but a few pounds heavier!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Cymru-hillwalker
DireccionFTV, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Fuerteventura Princess, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Husband & I stayed here for 10 days in September 2011, and have to say overall had a great time. Booked with Thomsons (first time with them) and found all went quite smoothly. Very lucky on the flight to and from with getting extra legroom for husband (6ft 2") we refused to pay before and when we got to the airport it was half price! Thomson rep was lovely and very helpful.

Hotel: Reception was very good and receptionists always very helpful, had a little wait to check in but there was quite a few of us, but on the whole good. Found getting to our room a bit confusing and took us about 20 minutes as the complex is big, once there room ok, clean & tidy. Have to say the beds were very comfortable and never had a problem, although the air con was a bit noisy, we just wore ear plugs and that helped.
As per previous posts it is quite steep in places and if you have trouble walking and getting around this might be a problem.
The pools were good, clean and no faults. The beach was fabulous, the beach bar good and really no complaints at all. Never had a problem getting sunbeds although I would have to say the beach towels were a bit ropey, and perhaps would have liked to change them more often without paying for the privilege.

We never had a problem with the food and found the choice very good as they have to cater for so many people across a wide age group as well.
One tip I would advise, we paid for a late checkout before we got there and had the room until 6pm that was a godsend else you have to be out of your room by 11pm and our flight home wasn't until 9.30 in the evening.
All in all, we had a lovely relaxing time, and would go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Devon-GirlCrewe

Reviewed October 7, 2011

we booked through thomsons, check in and flight were good although we booked inflight meals and they were disgusting, the worst i have ever had! check in at the hotel was quick and painless, they kept the restaurant open so that we could have some food which was good, our bags were delivered to our room while we were dining, have to say we were dissapointed with our room (block4-119) if you stood on a chair on the balcony then you could see the sea, we did ask to change our room twice and were told that they would put a note through our door when we could change, that of course never happened! although we didn't spend much time on the balcony as the weather was wonderful, so we were outside anyway. the rooms are spacious as are the bathrooms, but the beds and pillows are so HARD!, both my hubby and i are suffering from bad backs since sleeping on them, plus our sheets didn't get changed for 10 days. and we couldn't get any british channels on the tv either. if you want to be able to work out in the gym...dont go to this hotel..we really wantd a gym to use while away, and in the photos it looked ok, but it's a small gym with very little equipment, and that eqioment is old and difficult to use..we gave up trying to use it in the end, the swimming pools look nice, but they are in need of some attention, don't know which one is supposed to be heated as they all felt freezing cold, the evening entertainment is a bit hit and miss, the only two shows we saw that were really worth watching were the tango evening (it's not all about the tango dance and well worth watching) and the jackson tribute bans, i'm not a jackson fan, but they were quite good and managed to get the audience quite lively. we found the food to be of quite a good standard, lots of choice, couldn't fault it really..apart from the lamb chops that were just to tough to eat, although it is a bit manic at times in the restaurant, and we did have a problem on two nights finding anywhere to sit, but the staff are friendly and helpful. the gardens surrounding the blocks of rooms are well maintained and have some quite interesting plants to look at if you like that sort of thing, it is quite a steep walk from the blocks to the main building that house the reception, restaurant and shop, so if you have any mobility problems it might be a problem, as others have said previously there are no umbrellas around the pool area, so getting shade on a hot day can be a probelm,
we spent most of our holiday on the beach or at the nudist area at the hotel..peaceful...no kids..
the beach is absolutley beautiful, there is a beach bar just outside the hotel, we had lunch there a few times and it was good. overall i would say that we had a really relaxing holiday, it didn't bother us that there wasn't anywhwere to go to in the evening as we wanted peace and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple