7,650 results
All reviews snack bar jandia playa golf buggy sea view the main hotel plenty of sunbeds animation team heated pool half board buffet restaurant shopping centre fish main pool salad main part great holiday meal times
Selected filters
Reviewed November 2, 2018

We spent October half term at the Occidental Jandia Playa and had a fabulous time. The hotel is large and spread out, which means it doesn't feel cramped at all. We were in block 9, the closest to the beach. The grounds are clean and well kept and there are some beautiful plants and trees to enjoy.

The 3 swimming pools are lovely and big, and there are plenty of sunbeds for everyone. We preferred the lower pool as it was quieter.

My girls, aged 12 and 9, didn't do any of the children's activities and we didn't see any of the evening entertainment either as we prefer to do our own thing.

The staff at this hotel are incredibly hard working, particularly the cleaning staff and the restaurant staff. We were all inclusive and the restaurant did get busy in the evenings, but the staff were very quick to find tables. They cleared away very quickly - a little too quickly at times!

The food was decent, with lots of choice, but it did get a bit repetitive. The snack bar was fine for getting drinks and ice creams, but the food here seemed to be the same every day. Clothes (rather than swimwear) and shoes have to be worn in the snack bar, which I think is a good thing.

The only problem we had came right at the very end as we were leaving. We had our luggage collected in the golf buggy and we walked to Reception to meet the driver. We were the last pick up as the buggy didn't have much space left. The driver got our cases in but balanced a Bag for Life on the top and our hairbrushes, toiletries etc fell out on his journey. When asked, he described all the missing items, so must have seen them fall but didn't stop to pick them up! We went to look but we didn't know which route he had taken so didn't get our things back. Frustrating, but not the end of the world.

We had a fabulous time here and it was lovely to see some sunshine at the end of October!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Charlotte C
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my 3 friends had a fantastic holiday. The food was great, there was a wide variety of drinks. The staff were brilliant, Aneta the bartender was great at keeping out glasses full. The entertainment staff (Amarius, Sophia, Richardo and Modif) were spot on! Would definitely holiday there again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank rebeccacollymore
Reviewed October 26, 2018

Excellent service and room. Good location and the nice beach. One not very nice environment: you'll be responsible to pay for the service in the beach. And many this hotel clients was not informed about it before leaving hotel territory-for many this was a surprise in the beach.....

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Maps736022
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Having had an amazing time here in March we immediately booked to go back in October.... again we were not disappointed. I had requested the same room 9028 and were informed that they would try to accommodate my request but couldn’t guarantee it would be available.... YES it was and they had left a lovely note and some chocolates welcoming us back ... lovely touch. Again the food was amazing and the selection was vast. Never had a meal that didn’t come up to the high standard we experienced in March. The staff are lovely and very helpful. We were very fortunate to have stunning weather everyday with the exception of our last day which was total cloud all day but that didn’t stop our enjoyment of walking to the harbour to have a coffee at a lovely harbour side cafe.. so I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough .... so much so, we will be booking to return next October..... thank you everyone at Occidental Jandia Playa, not forgetting Hero who kindly ferried us to and from reception with our bags ... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank soopii
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

This is going to be an extremely long review but hopefully it helps those considering to stay here!

So a basic intro, we stayed for two weeks from 9th-23rd full board.
When me and my partner arrived we were going to stay in room 9004. Upon entering the room it was clean and perfectly fine; however my partner had bought a very valuable laptop with him and wasn't too comfortable with stay on the ground floor with doors that could be accessed by anyone walking past. May sound silly, and believe me I actively try to NEVER be one of those types of holiday goers that demands so much, but I rang reception and asked if perhaps we could move into a room upstairs for our stay. Wasn't expecting much, as it seemed quite busy and we were there for two weeks so I thought it would be unlikely. However, reception staff were extremely helpful, sent someone straight away just to double check the room was left as we entered it, and helped carry out luggage to room 4205. Was an identical room, lovely sea view (we had paid for) and a big bed made of 2 singles. During our stay, staff were always smiling, friendly and more than happy to help with anything we needed! 10/10 to them!

Weather- When we visited it was still considered summer there and were not disappointed. It was around 27-25 in the day and 22-24 at night. It rained a few times but very lightly and not for long.

Food- this is an important factor for a lot of people, including me. I can be a picky eater sometimes so on some days struggled to enjoy the variety of foods however that is not to say there wasn't an abundance of variety. My partner (a lover of all foods) really enjoyed the food. Was it super amazing quality? No, but it was always up to a good standard. They had vegetarian options which I think it great. A few negatives would be after two weeks it was very samey but there were pubs etc outside the resort; also found sometimes food wasn't very hot, they had a microwave at the buffet and I saw many people heating the food up so at least there was that option. The snack bar we visited a handful of times and enjoyed, mostly salad bits and burgers/hot dogs which we nice! Drinks stations are everywhere, people are able to self serve themselves with unlimited soft drinks, wine and beer. I would give 7/10 for food.

Activities- we thought the "animation" team were a fantastic group of very enthusiastic people, really friendly and good at getting people involved with activities. There is a wide range; water polo, cocktail demos, aqua zumba.

Pools- we went into 2 of the 3 pools; the shallow one with the bar was nice however, wasn't really used. Would often see people sitting waiting for drinks but as one member of staff was serving people up top they just ended up going round to be served. They were not ignored by staff; however the staff just served to came to them. Perhaps having two members one for upstairs and one for the pool would have been better. The second pool was on a lower level and was lovely! No complaints there. The one we didn't go in has a view of the sea and was more often the busiest one. It had a disability lift in which I thought was fantastic and accessible.

Spa facilities- we did not use these.

Gym facilities- we did not use these.

The one thing I didn't really enjoy is some of the people staying here haha! Maybe it's just the holiday attitude I'm not sure, but people seemed very entitled and often times rude. However, this is not a reflection on the hotel at all!!

Nearby- we were very boring and didn't rent a car or venture far from the hotel much. We did walk down to the beach once (which is a nudist beach) and went into the Spar shop to get some drink for when we we're in the room. However, we were warned down in the town/giftshop bit was dangerous. We didn't experience anything bad though.

All in all our stay was very good. It was 5 stars as there were a few issues here and there but nothing earth shattering. I have read reviews saying the food was inedible, staff were hideous etc but I really can't imagine all that changed in a few days for when we visited! Don't know what people expect these days!

Anyway, thank you for reading this far if you did! I would say go for it if you want a care free getaway.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple