Arrived for a week on 18th May. Great location, easy walk to the beach if you want to go, it's on a hill so be prepared for some legwork!
Check-in fine, all reception staff speak English. Were taken by golf buggy with luggage to rooms as it was a fair walk (block 3). Couldn't get in to room so were let in by the porter. Had to go back to reception to find that door cards were not activated!! Room fairly standard fare with dark wood everywhere, probably need a bit of updating now. We had a good sea view and didn't pay any extra for it. We booked independently so mailed them a few weeks before to ask for a high floor if possible. It was clean and maid service everyday, clean towels etc.
Buffet restaurant overall good but as noted in some other reviews we also found food was very often not hot - cooked, but not hot. That said, no instances of Dehli-belly ensued in the week!
Pool area snack bar is currently under refurbishment - why in May I have no idea. Surely the time to be doing this is out of season??
Bar service good and staff cheerful. Piano bar - live music is all well and good but if you want a quiet night there is nowhere to go to get away from it. Due to the location of the bar on the lower ground floor, the sound (loud of course) just comes up the open space (2 floors) to the Lobby bar. This wasn't every night, (seemed to be alternate nights) but would have been better off in the Theatre/bar to allow some peace and quiet for those that just wanted a quiet drink.
Coffee area near the buffet restaurant needs more regular cleaning. Spilled drinks, empty cups etc were a feature throughout the week.
Despite me informing reception of non-working hand driers in the toilets just off the lobby bar, they still weren't working by the time we left - a real bugbear for me as I believe that if a customer has informed reception that there's a problem, whatever it may be, that these things should be attended to within 24 hours. They weren't working when we left. Hot drinks machines not available in the buffet restaurant at lunch and dinnertimes? Very odd that you can't get a coffee in a proper cup after a meal.
Wi-Fi at 25 Euros a week a bit steep. Many other hotel chains are providing this free - have a think about it Barceló.
I don't think the place was full this particular week, might have been a bit more hectic and noisy if it were.
Overall a good week, just needs some minor improvements to make it better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Occidental Jandía Playa hotel overlooks the stunning Jandía Beach, which boasts crystal clear water and white sand. The rooms are equipped with everything needed for maximum comfort and the most exclusive services are available. Kids will enjoy the Barcy Club and adults will look forward to relaxing at the hotel spa, which includes a sauna, hot tub, heated pool and gym, in addition to other services. Guests will have access to the four bars, restaurant and snack bar at the hotel thanks to the All Inclusive programme for a worry-free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Occidental Jandia Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Jandia Playa Hotel Pajara
- Barcelo Jandia Peninsula
- Barcelo Hotel Jandia Playa
- Occidental Jandia Playa Fuerteventura, Spain