3,912 results
All reviews fun pub oasis restaurant level room level service level guests gabi bar kite surfers rene egli level restaurant costa calma sea view breakfast and dinner half board master suite amazing location salt water tennis courts
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2019

Too much cost cutting and penny pinching resulted in a disappointing experience. I have been going to this hotel for quite a number of years and I have to really consider if I will go again. The list of cost cutting items is petty :- no welcome drink anymore on your arrival, if you are all inclusive certain drinks have been removed from what you are allowed to have from behind the bar.Trying to now sell you the more expensive brand name. The fun pub was closed which resulted in the cabaret shows being shoe - horned into the Gabi bar not enough room for them, having said that the acts were very good and deserved more space to perform. The free ice cream vending machine down in the poolside bar wasn't there anymore. The restaurant for the level guests was closed at night and they had to eat in the main restaurant thus reducing their expectations after paying extra for the level experience. They staff were as usual excellent and I felt these cost cutting and penny pinching measures did not sit well with them. Overall I love this hotel and feel if Melia continues to exercise this regime of cost cutting it will lead to the decline of what I thought Melia stood for customer service and excellence

Room tip: Get a view over the lagoon and sea
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
1  Thank nabramsfan
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

We have just returned a week ago and have had a relaxing stay apart from the ever present threat of mosquitoes, which we have not previously encountered in Fueterventura or the Canaries. They seem to be particularly prevalent in the reception area and on check in there were 30 or more waiting to greet us in the room. This was reported to reception and housekeeping promptly dealt with them and left some plug in repellents.

Our room was comfortable, but starting to show its age and the bedroom area door would not close and the bedside light which had a microswitch could only be turned off by securing it stowed with a piece of folded card. The balcony door sounded like its rollers had been replaced with stones and it took a lot of effort to open and close. The outlook onto the back of the car parking area was disappointing. The biggest inconvenience was noise, with workmen from 10.00 to 17.00 using drills and jack hammers to remove a wall immediately outside our room. There was a lot of dust around due to this work. Ordinarily this would not have been an issue, but as my partner was working remotely each day, she found the noise and disruption intolerable. She complained to reception and asked to be moved and this was duly agreed and was much appreciated. The replacement room had a lovely view and if we return, I would pay the extra for a sea view.

The bed was comfortable and this room was quiet. Wi-Fi could not be attained in the new room which was reported and rectified, albeit only for a short time before becoming inaccessible again. It was fine around the pool.

We are both vegetarian and whilst there was a good selection of fresh fruit and salad, a number of dishes had sea food or meat added. On some nights there was one dish that was prepared as a vegetarian meal and there was usually meat free pizza. There was a good range of cheeses and some cooked vegetables, though like most hotels- it was over cooked. The range of puddings was not extensive, but were very well made and the best I have encountered in the Canaries after 7 visits.

The location of the hotel is its defining feature on the edge of miles of clean golden sands with an interesting lagoon that fills in response to lunar effects. The gardens are very well maintained and kept very clean. The Pool is a great size and I believe is heated as it felt comfortable and is salt water. There were plenty of sun beds, mostly in good repair, though a few could do with replacing.

Walks along the beach and by the sea was very relaxing and encountering friendly chipmunks made this a delight! There is a small gym which had a small range of equipment which appeared to be relatively new. Some dumb bells and a rowing machine would complete the equipment! My partner enjoyed yoga and the stretch classes.

The general staff were friendly and engaging, in stark contrast to the managers who appeared stand offish and a bit indifferent to your presence!

It was nice to see a shop and a couple of boutique shops. The nearby Oasis animal park is worth a visit. Transfer from the airport took about 90 minutes due to dropping off at other hotels. Leaving from the airport was straight forward and well organised.

We would likely return at some time in the future because of the location, but will remember to bring insect repellent and a travel kettle!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EmmaZCS, Guest Experience Coordinator at Melia Fuerteventura, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2019

Dear Rob1628,

We would like to thank you for sharing with all TripAdvisor readers your experience at our Meliá Fuerteventura. We appreciate your detailed review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to our hotel.

We hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

It was our third time at Melia Fuerteventura and the first with our little. As always, our stay was very comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable. The staff were friendly and polite and so intelligent - most of Reception team speak three (at least) languages fluently (Spanish, German and English), the food was delicious, lots of variety, and the weather was lovely, warm and sunny although a bit windy. The location of the hotel is excellent - "away from civilisation" - a true treat for your body, mind and soul. The hotel and its surroundings offer everything one might need - restaurants, bars, various activities, sports, spa, even a few shops.
We love travelling and discovering new places, but this is the only hotel where we keep going back to and definitely will be staying again in the future.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear neringa_railaite,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience at our Meliá Fuerteventura. We are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoy coming back to this piece of paradise.

We hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 26, 2019

Excellent check in to checking out , Lovely helpful staff were so nice happy good and would do whatever to make a happy stay.Tracey the concierge was so helpful and nice. She made sure that our transfere was there on time, and arranged a late check out for us no problem. A really lovely helpful beautiful girl.All the staff were so nice and helpful. The room was spotlessly cleaned every day.The maid was lovely. We were served at the bar immediatly. The food we had was varied and so good. There was plenty of choice. Also I would highly reccoment the Level for all the extras. We had toiletories, plug in mosquito repellents, special places to enjoy, a dressing gown and slippers as well as a variety of international drinks. There was also a free mini bar in our room which was stocked for us free of charge every day. There was a beautiful comfortable seating area outside shaded from the sun to relax.The view from the room was breath taking.There was an information point in one of the gardens.Daily exercise classed and pool arobics every day.There was hundreds of sunbeds around all the pools. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: The Level rooms are on the highest floor which is the 9th, noise free with beautiful sea views
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mags924

Dear mags924,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at our Meliá Fuerteventura trough TripAdvisor. After reading all your review we are happy to know you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words towards Tracey, we will share your comments with her and the rest of the team.

We hope you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 26, 2019

First off, I have been to this hotel 5 times, on an all inclusive basis, and have really enjoyed my experinances.I will be coming back at the end of the year, purely for the location of the beach, and fantastic outdoor areas of the hotel. It is awesome.

But,

This visit I really did notice lot’s of differences compared to my last visits. Most were negative. Gone is the welcome juice / wine stand given to you when you check in.

The food what has happened to it?

For me the biggest difference was at dinner, there seemed to be half the staff working compares to last visits. They were doing there best, but it just lacked flow and they all seemed rushed, which just added to a bad atmosphere at dinner.

The food was just so bad. I was really quite shocked at how bad everything tasted. There was less choice , and all of it done so badly.
No sparkling wine to have during the meals, which they have always had. The wine they did have was awful. Even the orange juice at breakfast was quite un drinkable. Coffee machines are still rubbish, serving bad coffee, nothing changed there.

I even noticed at the pool side bar, the ice cream’s which you could just help yourself to, from an ice-cream box is gone! And the snacks were just stale donuts….

My room was great, pool was great, I even noticed new pavement around the main pool, much needed and a great improvement.

The entrainment Pub, were they usually had evening shows for the children and adults was shut! ( I was never informed about this when booking ), which meant everyone was crowed into the adults only bar on the reception area. Not good.

As I said I will come back to this hotel, just based on my love of the beach area, and the long walks one can do on it. I will also enjoy the pools, and the rest of the lovely outdoor areas, I will enjoy a great room with a awesome view….But I am not looking forward to the food or average service being dished out by the current management.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear carl930,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion about your stay at our Meliá Fuerteventura. We will share your review with all departments involved.

We are glad you will visit us again in the future. We are very happy to know we will have another opportunity to create another experience.