I booked two nights here on the all inclusive level deal. THe room was on "The Level" near the lounge dedicated to level guests. The room (452)looked fairly new and was large with its own kitchen and table seating area seperate from the bedroom. The views were fantastic from the room and balcony got the sun. However just to note (this was on 14th to 16th January) they were refurbishing the pool and pathways below our room - so some noise but it was kept to a minimum and we found it interesting watching the works !
The reason for my quote "needs fine tuning" refers to The Level bit of our stay. There was tea and coffee and soft drinks available in The Level lounge but in the afternoon all there was to eat was a bit of cheese and sliced meat and when that ran out some stale individually packaged biscuits. Please could I suggest a few slices of cake etc to be on offer and make it special for your Level guests.
Our other niggle was at the bar - the waiters seemed very abrupt and almost annoyed we were entitled to "premium brand " drinks as Level guests. There seemed some confusion as to us being allowed the drinks ordered - only one barman seemed on the case and knew what we could have off the list ! The bar list by the way wasnt readily available and seemed like a secret !
Also in this adult only bar when there is entertainment it becomes full . We think a lot of space is being taken up by the "lounging beds"They look nice but do people ever pay to use them !?
They werent being used on both the evenings we stayed. By the way the singer we saw was "Camm" I think - very entertaining and enjoyed his very varied choice of songs.
Anyway we still enjoyed our stay and our two nights at dinner was made special by the waitress Yolanda. She is worth commending and should give lessons to the rest of the staff on how to treat guests. She served outside area of the restaurant and worked very hard to take notice of what was happening here , there and everywhere. Also full time job keeping the gas heaters alight
! also agree the food was lacking on quality - but you wont go hungry. The desserts were delicious
Also a mention to Tracey - on reception at The Level - very helpful and friendly.
The other nice thing about the level was to be able to use the area with the outside jacuzzis.
This was a relaxing thing to do especially as the weather was mixed.
The location is beautiful and although other reviews have mentioned the hotel being a bit tired - they seem to be tackling these problems..
The gardens and grounds are spotless and really lovely - lots of nice seating areas - but still people putting down their towels on sun loungers to "reserve"them but not returning !
If we are back in the south of the island one day we would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Melia Gorriones is located in the south of Fuerteventura on Sotavento beach, which is listed as a protected natural area and where sand dunes extend over 30 km to the end of the Jandia Peninsula. The famous Rene Egli centre, the largest windsurfing and kiteboarding school in the world, provides courses and hires out windsurf boards and kiteboards right on the beach in the lagoon opposite the hotel. Amongst the facilities and services, Melia Gorriones has WiFi Internet in the hotel lobby, 1 children´s pool and 2 adult pools including a spectacular saltwater lagoon-style pool measuring 1,455sqm, spacious dining areas, playground, 24 hour gym, 1 tennis court and 1 paddle tennis court, large gardens, Spa, and an astronomical observatory. Choose The Level with exclusive access to The Level Lounge, private breakfast area and sun terrace with two whirlpools, as well as superior services and facilities in your room including pillow menu, bathrobes and free minibar with soft drinks, water and beer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Gorriones Hotel Pajara
- Melia Hotel Gorriones
- Melia Hotel Pajara
- Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura Spain