This was my third time here. Hotel is divided in one main building and 4 external studios called "Casas del Mar", 50mt close to the building.
Hotel is quite old, the building is dated 1975 and renovated in 2005. Anyway is still possible to see its history.
Casas del mar were built in 2005, are opened to everyone (no access control) and without a decient view. The main problem here are cockroaches. Thr area is full and you find it daily in the room.
The hotel ia more clean and maintained. However if you pay for a sea view you might have a room above the pub where music and loud talking prevent you to sleep until midnight. Best rooms are without sea view, they are quiet and cheaper.
Hotel lobby is spacious, there is a big bar and cocktails are decent. Be prepared not to have 24 hours service: if you need a bottle of water after midnight there is no solution (unless you bought it before at the hotel market).
Food is very very good. Dining place has a long buffet with live cooking of fish and meat. There is also a daily special menu (asian food, canarian food, canarian cheese, mexican food, salad show, bbq food, flambè night ).
Swimming pools are nice even if they're small. The pavement is old and there are too many hole. It should be renewed as soon as possible.
After is a good hotel but cockroach and no bar service at least for water decreased my vote. Never here anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Melia Gorriones is located in the south of Fuerteventura on Sotavento beach, which is listed as a protected natural area and where sand dunes extend over 30 km to the end of the Jandia Peninsula. The famous Rene Egli centre, the largest windsurfing and kiteboarding school in the world, provides courses and hires out windsurf boards and kiteboards right on the beach in the lagoon opposite the hotel. Amongst the facilities and services, Melia Gorriones has WiFi Internet in the hotel lobby, 1 children´s pool and 2 adult pools including a spectacular saltwater lagoon-style pool measuring 1,455sqm, spacious dining areas, playground, 24 hour gym, 1 tennis court and 1 paddle tennis court, large gardens, Spa, and an astronomical observatory. Choose The Level with exclusive access to The Level Lounge, private breakfast area and sun terrace with two whirlpools, as well as superior services and facilities in your room including pillow menu, bathrobes and free minibar with soft drinks, water and beer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Gorriones Hotel Pajara
- Melia Hotel Gorriones
- Melia Hotel Pajara
- Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura Spain