I returned to this hotel after 15 years, "work" meeting. Originally, a Sol hotel now it has the Melia level. Complete renovation and extension. The beach is as magnificent as 15 years ago. The installations are quite well kept and the hotel is very comfortable. Due to is location and the use of the landscape into its architecture, the reception and main lobby are in floor 4, you have to go down to floor for the pool, restaurants and access to the beach; you can imagine, elevators are very busy; I opted to use the stairs all the time.
I stayed in one of the Casas de Mar, this are very nice studios (4 blocks) facing the beach, all of them with views to the see. Large bathrooms, spacious sleeping area and a small living/kitchenette area. Nice balcony (it is not a smoke free property but non-smoking rooms, so a lot of people smoking on the balconies). Air conditioning needed due to humidity, but very weak. These casas are detached from the hotel, the furthest rooms are about 4-5 min walk.
I would recommend block 1 or 2, 2nd floor.
Internet connection (wifi) available for a fee (waived if you have or register for the Melia Rewards card), 24 hour (real connection time) coupons are provided at reception. Some casas del mar have access to internet, some others (like mine) don't. Pool and main lobby area have good access.
I opted for the all inclusive package, but not the LEVEL one. There are two restaurants, one is exclusive for the LEVEL. Food in general was very good and with several options, I love papas arrugadas with mojo picón; fruit was OK but I would have expected better.
Drinks are included, including alcoholic (some specialties are not, strange enough, mojitos were not included) but the all-inclusive in bars stops 1 hour before closing time. You are asked to sign for drinks (any kind); probably for statistics
Parking is an issue.
As I mentioned, the trip was for a business meeting. The meeting facilities (one room in a lower floor) are poor, exclusive internet access, but weak signal. Air conditioning issues and the fact that you have to exit the hotel main building to go to the lower floor to access the meeting room made it a little bit uncomfortable, specially because it was raining (yes, raining for two days).
15 years ago this hotel was one of the few options in Fuerteventura; now there are magnificent resorts all around the island. This hotel is still away from the main fuzz but with a tourist complex just 3 kms away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Melia Gorriones is located in the south of Fuerteventura on Sotavento beach, which is listed as a protected natural area and where sand dunes extend over 30 km to the end of the Jandia Peninsula. The famous Rene Egli centre, the largest windsurfing and kiteboarding school in the world, provides courses and hires out windsurf boards and kiteboards right on the beach in the lagoon opposite the hotel. Amongst the facilities and services, Melia Gorriones has WiFi Internet in the hotel lobby, 1 children´s pool and 2 adult pools including a spectacular saltwater lagoon-style pool measuring 1,455sqm, spacious dining areas, playground, 24 hour gym, 1 tennis court and 1 paddle tennis court, large gardens, Spa, and an astronomical observatory. Choose The Level with exclusive access to The Level Lounge, private breakfast area and sun terrace with two whirlpools, as well as superior services and facilities in your room including pillow menu, bathrobes and free minibar with soft drinks, water and beer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Gorriones Hotel Pajara
- Melia Hotel Gorriones
- Melia Hotel Pajara
- Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura Spain