First of all, we are a couple of 28 and 30 years old. This was our first all-inclusive vacation, purely aimed at relaxing after a few months of hard work. We chose Fuerteventura over other destinations in reason of weather conditions and stable political situation. We stayed there April 8 to April 15 2012.
There is a 1 hour transfer from the airport by Minibus (we booked via TUI).
We booked the Level-services and got a room on the 7th floor (out of 9).
The hotel-lobby as well as the entire building are typical for this region of the world, I would generally say that the 4-star rating is slightly overdone. Typical of the Melia-chain is the attractive design of the lobby and the bar.
The Level includes a personalised welcome, a special room on the same floor as the reception featuring a JURA coffee machine as well as snacks and free Internet. The room was OK for the price, the bathroom was rather smelly even though the cleaning lady did a good job. Beds were surprisingly good and the view of the lagoon was impressive. The room was located away from the bar/restaurant terraces, no problems with noise at night.
The large swimming pool was very cold (salt water) and you needed to get up very early in order to reserve a seat by the pool unless…you booked the Level, which included a large area with drinks and snacks (again) as well as two hot tubs. We appreciated this a lot as we don’t like “fighting” for a spot to sunbathe.
As to food and beverages, due to high occupancy of the hotel a second restaurant (OASIS) was reserved for Level guests for dinner, featuring a nice terrace by the pool. The food was OK but everything tasted the same, every day. The waiters were very nice and efficient, the choice of wines (all-inclusive) was good.
The last evening, they closed this second restaurant, and we needed to eat at the big restaurant/cantine. Honestly, we were shocked! Loud, warm, smelly huge seating areas with cold food and need to fight to get something to eat. I don’t think we would have stayed for the whole week at this hotel if we had to do this every night. The only good this is that they have a small terrace with (supposingly) priority access with the Level.
The choice of beverages at the bar is excellent with the Level but it would not pay 14,50 € for a gin-tonic...
Shows at night play at 21.30 and were of very low quality, except a magician show that was entertaining.
The clientele is 80 % Germans, 10 % British, 5 % French, 5 % mixed.
Beware of the long walk to Jandia and back, which took us 7 hours. We are in good shape but walking in the sand, climbing over rocks, against the wind is more tiring than we thought.
Please bear in mind that there ist NOTHING around the hotel except the René Egli Surf and Kite School, unless you walk for one hour. We rented a 4x4 for a day and had a lot of fun on the many dirt roads discovering the "other" side of Fuerteventura.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Melia Gorriones is located in the south of Fuerteventura on Sotavento beach, which is listed as a protected natural area and where sand dunes extend over 30 km to the end of the Jandia Peninsula. The famous Rene Egli centre, the largest windsurfing and kiteboarding school in the world, provides courses and hires out windsurf boards and kiteboards right on the beach in the lagoon opposite the hotel. Amongst the facilities and services, Melia Gorriones has WiFi Internet in the hotel lobby, 1 children´s pool and 2 adult pools including a spectacular saltwater lagoon-style pool measuring 1,455sqm, spacious dining areas, playground, 24 hour gym, 1 tennis court and 1 paddle tennis court, large gardens, Spa, and an astronomical observatory. Choose The Level with exclusive access to The Level Lounge, private breakfast area and sun terrace with two whirlpools, as well as superior services and facilities in your room including pillow menu, bathrobes and free minibar with soft drinks, water and beer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Gorriones Hotel Pajara
- Melia Hotel Gorriones
- Melia Hotel Pajara
- Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura Spain