“A one night only hotel ...”

Orly Superior Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Athis-Mons
Meisterschwanden, Switzerland
“A one night only hotel ...”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

For business purpose it does make sense in order to lower the costs but being only near the Orly Airport, this hotel has no real interest except the Portuguese specialty restaurant nearby ...
Breakfast is basic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here. We needed a hotel last minute and were desperate so we chose this one since it was so close to the ORLY airport and had a free shuttle. When we arrived, we paid 20 euro extra to get breakfast in the morning. Then, when we came to our room, we were disgusted. The carpet looked filthy, the bed had questionable stains and hairs on it. We decided to get our money back for breakfast because if this is how the rooms were kept, we didn't want to eat there too. My husband went to get the 20 euro back and a different person in the "lobby" argued that we only paid 14 euro for breakfast. So were cheated out of 6 euro. We had to hand wash some clothes so we did in the shower. The place was so muggy and humid that everything we tried to wash was still drenched when we woke up. We slept head to toe in clothes because we didn't want to touch what was on and in the sheets and pillowcases. There is traffic on the nearby highway all day and night and we kept the window open because it was so muggy and unpleasant. We will never be desperate enough to book another hotel this awful. BEWARE with this one!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tawnee S

Travelers are raving about these Athis-Mons hotels

Montréal
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because I couldn't find a same-day, affordable connection for Spain. At an out-of-season rate of 58€, it was decent, but I surely wouldn't have taken it at the full 100€ rate as it would qualify as theft.

First, there's no lobby of any sort. So if you arrive early, better wander around a bit at Orly airport instead, keeping in mind the last morning shuttle comes back around 12PM. I was lucky enough they had a room ready at 10AM, so I took my luggage and myself there for a nap after a long trip.

But first I needed to check some stuff over the Internet, and although code provided worked as expected, signal is low (couldn't pick it with the iPad), and speed is really slow. Enough for some basic and essential browsing, answer emails, but definitely insufficient for streaming. Some secondary applications didn't work for obscure reasons. It is even more inexcusable from a country where Internet access is so fast and cheap!

The room itself was obviously cleaned and is maintained to save on costs. There were some marks on the wallpaper, and it came loose in many places. Paint in the bathroom has started to chip slightly. Some previous customer seems to have damaged the window frame somewhat. And there are no bug screen in front of the windows. Nothing major, but attention to detail is key, either in palaces or budget-minded places. Shower was clean, as towels, but definitely more light would be welcome, especially above the small desk.

No air conditioner. That was not an issue in September, but may have been in August. TV sits way too high to be comfortable to watch. Otherwise, décor was fine, and a little bit of attention to detail would surely help make this hotel cozy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Cubytus
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I did a big mistake to come in this hotel to wait a flight for the other day. The hotel is like a ghost hotel, dirty rooms, the internet doesn t work properly and the carpet and lines smelling like a hell. The bed towels are old and smelling too. The drinks machine eat your money and don t work, the staff don t care about you and I booked a transport at 12 am for the aiport because my flight was 19 pm, so I need to rest the maximum in the hotel..they call me at 10 am and they say to me the last transport is 11. In terms they push me out of the hotel early. In fact they make me a favor because I start to get sick with the dust inside the room. That s a f... Hotel. First and last!!!

Room Tip: Looks like anybody clean the carpet and lines for 10 years!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tiagoBG
Kinsale, Ireland
Reviewed July 20, 2013

friends recommanded this hotel. the hotel is near to orly airport , the price ok. quick checkin, the hotel is ok for one night. it was quiet and clean. the transfers to orly are ok. works on the road, but no there is a good seafood restaurant just beside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kauai
Reviewed May 27, 2013

if it hadn't been for all the construction on the road to the hotel we could have been in bed an hour and a half earlier. Very difficult to get to and \\\\i would suggest that the hotel send driving instructions from the airport to the hotel. \if was only because the car rental guy mentioned Ralaix hotels that finally after an hour and half \I saw the Ralaix sign so decided to get to them which was not easy.The car rrental company Hertz even took the time to print out a direction sheet but this did not allow for the detours.It should have been a four minute trip by car. Once there we saw the Orly Superior sign which is not visible from the highway. Hotel is quiet, clean but basic. For one night it is acceptable because of the quite nice continental breakfast though whoever refills the supplies is a bit slow. Staff very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: not sure if they have a shuttle but would be the best way to get there. Even if you have a car you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Salerno, Italy
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Perfect hotel to stay one night and then to leave. Free shuttle to and from airport (it needs to call the hotel). The room was big. The cleaness was ok and there were 2 big windows where you can see the airplans taking off. There is Wifi and pay per view (Canal+). Just 5 minutes walk there is a shopping centre with a big and cheap restaurant inside. Repeat for one night, I suggest this hotel.
P.s.I was in couple.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athis-Mons
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
Grand Hotel Senia
Grand Hotel Senia
#2 of 6 in Orly
Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport
Kyriad Orly Aeroport - Athis Mons
Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport

Been to Orly Superior Hotel? Share your experiences!