My wife and I have just got married at Castello di Montignano. We had a party of circa 50 visit from the UK, generally couples between the ages of 25 and 40. Every single one of them loved the hotel. My wife and I took about 30 seconds to decide it was where we wanted to get married after arrival, and every time we have visited (many times now) we have been made to feel like it is our home.
The rooms are the perfect balance of luxury and rustic, mixing othopaedic mattresses with wooden beams, and every room has fantastic views of the stunning rolling countryside. The rain showers are to die for, breakfast is a massive spread, and the food and wine is all locally sourced from nearby and cooked to perfection by the chef. I simply cannot praise this hotel enough. They made our wedding day amazing from start to finish - the flowers, set up of the various areas, music, photography - we were simply overwhelmed. Furthermore, how many people get to have a spa party the night before their wedding, while the boys are downstairs drinking fine whisky.
However, it is no coincidence that Castello di Montignano offers such a personal and immaculate service. The owners, Claudia and Giuseppe are always around, and are truly lovely people that would do anything for anyone. Their staff are a credit to them, in particular their assistant Beatrice, and I simply cannot understand how anyone can criticise service. Everything is done with attentiveness and a smile. I could get 30 guests to put a perfect review on here, and whilst everything else is also fantastic, they would all say that the staff stand out.
Do yourself a favour and ignore the nonsense comments from people like Shlomzee, who must go to places looking for something to complain about, rather than to enjoy a holiday or to relax. We have travelled all over the world, stayed in the Ritz Singapore, Oberoi Udaipur, and many many others, and not one has ever made us feel as happy as this place - hence why we decided to get married here.
If you read this Claudia/Giuseppe - See you very soon - and thank you so much for a truly amazing wedding.
Lyndon & Roxana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello di Montignano is a Heritage Hotel set on a hill with great view, very close to Todi and Massa Martana and very easy to reach from Rome.It has 12 romantic rooms with view, Spa Acquadegna with relax area, outdoor pool, gourmet Restaurant Materiaprima. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Montignano Relais & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Montignano Relais Hotel Massa Martana
- Castello Di Montignano Relais And Spa