“Delicious as always!”

Eilean Dubh Restaurant
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family run restaurant which specialises in locally sourced and cooked foods. We make everything on site and are proud to be the holders of the best locally sourced restaurant title in Scotland. We can accommodate most dietary requirements but very specific requests should be notified. We offer a range of service times from breakfasts till 11.30Am , lunches till 5pm and a proper restaurant menu in the evenings. As we cook everything from scratch including all our kids meals please do not get us confused with a greasy spoon cafe! Or pub grub style. Our pride is in what we produce. We grow a lot of our ingredients on our own farm and source from our neighbouring farms and we can always tell you who supplied our steaks.
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The food here is always supearb and tonight was no exception. The locally sourced venison was tender and cooked to perfection. To finish the homemade sticky pudding and ice cream! Faultless meal and service. Look forward to returning..

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having been back on business to the area, I stopped in to this charming wee restaurant.
The decor was a bit old fashioned but not the service or the food.
Was greeted by a large gentleman who turned out to be the owner and his wife was in the kitchen.
Having arrived just after 6pm I thought they would be doing evening meals but was kindly offered the 2 course special menu if I so wished.
I chose Cullen skink and the venison steak from the specials board.
Both were excellent and was kept informed that they supply a lot of food from their own smallholding and they have guys who shoot the venison for them. This was obvious as it was the best I have tried. I have easily been charged double in so called highly awarded places.
Will definitely recommend them and will return.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I too had the skink with the hard lumps of potato. My main concern was despite having booked well in advance we were seated in the main thoroughfare to the kitchen. Later arrivals with no booking got a window seat. We were exposed to the heavy trampings of one member of staff (the only one who seemed to have any energy) - back and forth all evening. The restaurant was full and staff had just finished catering for a wedding that afternoon. The owner left as we arrived leaving his exhausted staff to soldier on. Food was ok but the service was amateurish. I have never had such an uncomfortable dining experience.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food is amazing, if you are not sure what to have, ask Graham about the specials - he knows his stuff!! He will give you an introduction to proper whiskey and not the usual tasting TCP stuff. So good in fact, we went back the next night for more great food - and another lesson in whiskey.. hiccup...
Thank you Graham and your wonderful team, you have now converted my boyfriend to whiskey and he is costing me a fortune..
See you soon and in the meantime.... don't change a thing!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We walked from the campsite and Rosemarkie for breakfast. The menu was really nice and the service was really friendly. Seemed like the locals used it to meet up which is always a good sign that it's good.We really enjoyed out food and Coffee maybe a little expensive for a family to have breakfast but about £16 for the two of us for really nice Scottish breakfast with loads of Coffee.