“Well presented”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Enjoyed the atmosphere. Different ambiance as it’s a house with different rooms, and if the weather permit, you can dine outside. The selections on the menu were well presented, and must compliment the chef. The dessert menu is to die for. Like the idea that the menu selection change, in order to enjoy different tastes. We on the other hand were heartfully welcomed with a welcome drink. We recommend this to many family and friends, and all are of the same opinion.

1  Thank AniaGauteng

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had seared tuna steak with basil pesto as a main - and it was most certainly one of the best dishes I've had - ever.

Great starters, great wine, and the service was really good as well.

Certainly worth the visit.

1  Thank Francois J
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We booked at the silver orange bistro for a sunday lunch for our anniversary. We were 30minutes early and even though only 1 table was occupied we were kindly asked to wait outside with a cup of coffee.. We waited and waited.. Saw guests being turned away because they had no bookings, also saw guests being taken to their seats (those that had booked) 45minutes later a waiter unapologetically said they "forgot" about us and lead us in. Receiving drinks and a menu took another 20minutes after people who arrived after us already received their starters!!! We felt very unwelcome however we loved the food!! Will definitely be returning but not expecting much hospitality wise. I hope at our next visit they prove us wrong! Food 5stars, Hospitality 1star = Total 3 stars

4  Thank Debrouwers
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Although we had a reservation, on arrival we were totally ignored by both the waitress and the hostess, who both preferred answering numerous telephone calls in the latter case and the other occupying herself with inscriptions in her order book, cleaning the top of the bar counter and idling around the bar. Eventually both simultaneously acknowledged our presence. On announcing our dismay, we were thereafter treated as a 'necessary nuisance' and as unwanted guests. They yet have to be introduced to the very first lessons in hospitality.

3  Thank Wynand S
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I made a telephonic reservation on Nov 16 for lunch on Nov 24. I was informed that there was a wine tasting event on that date and was quoted a price. I replied that I was not interested in the wine tasting and that just wanted to book for lunch. The appointment was taken. On arrival on the 24th I was told (in an unfriendly and arrogant manner!) that the restaurant would only cater for wine tasting on the day, so I had no option but to leave. Shocking handling of the booking and subsequent situation!

3  Thank Abel A