“I loved it!”

Red Ivory Backpackers
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hartbeespoort
Red Ivory Backpackers
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I showed up needing a place to stay for a night to visit the elephant sanctuary in the AM. I had only 200Rand and was looking for a Dorm but the owner was gracious enough to bump me up to a double (really a quadruple!) for free.
The room was beautiful, it had a double bed, single bed, sunken bed and chair made of an overstuffed pillow, and a veranda! The shower was bright, and the water was hot!
The owners were helpful and friendly, she even let me use her personal computer to skype home and her husbanded helped me modify my adapter. Great place to stay, I was wishing I had longer here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Erin K
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The weekend of 24 September 2011 we went to Red Ivory Backpackers. We were 3 couples and booked 3 rooms for the Saturday evening. When we arrived at the Red Ivory Backpackers we were very impressed, but not for long! We were very dissapointed, because earlier the day we asked the manager how many guests they were expecting (we were the only guests so far). We went to the backpackers knowing that things can get noisy, but we dont mind, but this was just the start of things. She told us they only have two more couples to arrive.Later the afternoon a bachelors party arrived, but they were not loud at all. That evening 6 or 7 cars arrived, playing music out of every car. It was so loud we could not hear each other talking. We were busy to braai and they were taking over the place, playing music from a hi-fi they brought along. Later we asked the manager if we could move the braai to the other side of the house because they were so many (about 40). She then told us that the were only supposed to be 6 who booked in.This was the second time that she was not honest with us. They carried on playing their music until 3:30 that morning. The rest of the people who were not booked in, slept in their cars! If they were considering us they would have stopped at 00:00. When I asked the manager why she didnt do anything about it, she told me that they were paying customers. But my point is that we were also paying customers, why did we have to put up with that???

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank A G
Reviewed January 8, 2010

This is such a fantastic place to stay! The staff were incredible, we arrived late at night but they still sent someone to find us so we could follow them back in our car. The backpackers itself is lovely. The rooms are spacious, the communal area is comfortable and the pool and garden are stunning. We played a lot of pool and had some serious wind down time while we here! It has a great backpacker feel to it and we loved leaving our hand print on the wall!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple