“Good service and good hotel”
Review of Hotel Al Tezzon

Hotel Al Tezzon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Camposampiero
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Good Hotel close to Padova and in the way to Venice. Excellent service and big rooms. Clean and comfortable. Rooms are having 2 levels coonected by stairs. Very recommended. We were travelling with the family and it was perfect for us. The restaurant is fantastic!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I sleep at Al Tezzon 5/6 nights every month. It's an old coach station converted into a modern hotel. Comfortable rooms, great staff, good breakfast and a nice restaurant next door to taste real Veneto cuisine.

Room Tip: Any room would go. Some have stairs, not suitable for senior people.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicola G
Reviewed May 28, 2013

For the third time, we were staying in Al Tezzon on our way from Venice to home. We we a family of 12 people and stopped in this hotel to celebrate the birthday of on of our family member.
As always, we felt like at home, surronded by warm and caring staff. There are not enough superlatives to described the dinner - it was delicious, elegant but not snoby, in cosy atmosphere of the restaurant at the level of Michelin guide. And can you believe, it was opened for us! as normally the restaurant is closed on Sunday evenings.

Thanks to all the staff, especially to Emanuele and the restaurant manager for getting our dreams come true. It was unbelievable! If you like to feel the real Italian hospitality and to taste delicious italian food and all for very reasonable price, it is a place to go!

Room Tip: Super breakfast with freshly squised juices, pastry and scrambled eggs included in the room price...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff were rude. No water in rooms. Had to travel to seek out water. No exchange of currency. Female receptionist and young male very nice - older man - think he is the owner - very grumpy, abrupt, and has no time for guests. Stay somewhere else

• Stayed: May 2012
AlTezzonHotel, Proprietario at Hotel Al Tezzon, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry to learn that your stay at our hotel was not to his liking.
For this reason, we ask you kindly, to refer the booking trace of his stay. Date and number of room (also in private through our contacts) so we can understand the problem and try to respond better to the review.
Unfortunately we not remember this happened.
Waiting for yours kind reply, we greet you cordially.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel was the first hotel that we stayed in while driving throughout Italy, and it was also our favourite. It's stylishly decorated, the staff are very kind and accommodating, and the breakfast was delicious and bountiful; Lots of choice. The only place that offered crepes, out of all of the places we stayed in! The town is lovely, though we wondered why they would have such a nice hotel in such a tiny place... Nevertheless, we would all go back there in a second.

Room Tip: My partner and I stayed in a room that was overlooking the back garden/terrace, which had a nice was...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kally-Ocean
Al T, Direttore at Hotel Al Tezzon, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

we are very proud to read your positive remark.
Our Luxury Business Hotel is one of the best in the nearby of Padua. It is true, as you have written, that our building is located far away from the main towns of region: Venice, Verona and Padua. But guests feel drawn to our hotel because they can reach most of these beautiful towns in less than one hour.

We try to improve our job every day and your words enable us to do it even better.

Thank youfor writing.

I take the opportunity to express my heartfelt thanks,

Federico Gallo - Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Perhaps because it was a very quiet period this effected my opinion.

Al Tezzon is a good hotel but missed some crucial points to be a 5 star property.

To start with the high lights, hotel was nice and new, very clean, big rooms even got an upgrade and has a great restaurant.

As stated above rooms are very big and clean but closet only has 1 door which is annoying as there is always 1 part open, no bathrobe available in the room, some amenities missing which I find normally in a 5 start property, WIFI only worked on smartphone but not on my pad and room service was very limited in time and offer.

Staff was friendly but receptionist was also bell boy, waiter and concierge.
Unforunately receptionist could not tell that resaturant next door (100 meters) was closed because of holiday, 5 star misser, No bar available and had to ask for drinks at reception even if you sat on the inner terrace, which was very noisy because of air refershment from parking garage. No service outside on the terrace and had feeling that there was only 1 person available at complete hotel. Drinks in Italy normally are accompanied with some appetizers or something and this would certainly be expected by 5 start hotel which was not the case. Breakfast was not more than average 4 star, whith some fresh juices and pastries but all other contants were highly prefab. The restaurant however was great with nice tasty local dished in a nice atmosphere.

Camposampiero is a nice little place but you have to be aware that in the village there is not a lot to do, so if you don't want to do anything that's fine but otherwise you will have to depend on a car and have to drive for another place.

Hotel had a good location for sightseeing as Padua, Vicenza, Venice etc were all within half an hour of the hotel and are all worth a visit.

Despite it is not a 5* hotel and didn't meet all expectations based on pre info we enjoyed our stay at the Al Tezzon and would recommend it if you are looking for an overnight stay on your journey or if you want to be in a very quit surrounding, assume there will be more attention for customer outside the Italian holliday period.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Beterams
Al T, Direttore at Hotel Al Tezzon, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Sir,

your stay in our hotel lasted 4 days. You have reserved through Web System with a special offer. You have seen that our hotel is a Luxury Business Hotel. It is important to stress this piece of information because otherwise we take the risk of giving a wrong idea of our building.

As many hotels of this kind, we try to offer a good range of facilities: comfortable and clean rooms, good restaurant and good breakfast. I am very sorry to read that breakfast - which is one of our strong points - was a desappointment for you. Together with fresh fruit juices you can find fresh pastry and fresh fruit like ananas, mellons ecc. Moreover, we serve italian caffè and cappuccino. And omelette and scrambled eggs with bacon. Our breakfast is highy appreciated by all our guests, coming from Italy and from all over Europe.

But the guest has always to remember that it is a business hotel located far away from the noise of towns, and we work mainly with business men and people travelling for short holidays. I want to inform you that our hotel is appreciated for our location: guests or people travelling for business come and they find good service together with time for relaxing.
In this period, as you can imagine, business men are not working and we work with people travelling just for holidays; I am very sorry you did not get all the facilities you wished for. The clerk on duty, in this period of the year, has to do the job and pay attention to the different guest's inquiry. From time to time, it can happens that the clerk on duty has to serve a beer or show the rooms to the guest.
I want to apologize for the problems with WIFE connection. Perhaps there was a problem in the System and If our staff did not help you they had made a big mistake.
For the bathrobe in the room, once you realized there was any, you could ask for to the Reception. The staff could give a couple of bathrobes immediately.

I want to thank you as well, because your remark is not negative.
I hope to see you once again in the future. I think that remarks ( positive and negative ) are always important because they can teach how to improve our job and our attitude towards the guests.

Thank you very much for writing.

I take the opportunity to send you my best regards,

Federico GALLO - Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I arrived at this hotel last week and was staying for three nights. The hotel is stylish and decorated in a modern, contemporary fashion. I had a few issues,however. First,when I arrived, I paid for the hotel upfront in cash. They then proceeded to preauthorise my card and not remove this authorisation for my entire stay,meaning that I may as well have paid twice. The spending money that I had was what was in my bank account,so I was rendered near penniless for my stay because of this unnecessary error. I had real difficulty trying to communicate how badly this impacted me and the response of the hotel to me was,and I quote, "what else can we do?" This is an unacceptable way for a hotel of any standard,be it 1 or 5, to deal with their guests. I am still currently waiting for the preauthorisation to be removed and I am now back in the UK. The hotel would not reimburse me the cash that I had paid - not insignificant, 300 euros - because they saw this as payment for the room, but my response to that was why preauthorise my card at all. I would prefer to pay once for a stay, not twice, so if they insist on preauthorising my card, do not then also take cash from me. Of course, this fell on deaf ears because the hotel was unable to communicate in English at all and claimed not to understand anything I said (more on that later). The hotel would also not allow me to use their hotel telephone to call my bank and try to sort this out in some way, so I had to call using my mobile, which resulted in me incurring even more charges.

The hotel advertises itself has having wifi, but what they do not advertise is that the wifi does not work. It never worked once during my stay, but the hotel still tried to charge me 5 euros for 24 hours of wifi! The charge was removed when I queried this, but when I had gone to them and informed them that wifi was not working, and when they had taken back the log-in details that they had given me, it should never have been applied in the first place or, if it had been applied, it should have been removed.

There is also no pool area in the hotel or anywhere that you can lounge and relax in. There is a sitting area outside, but it consists of tables and chairs, which are not conducive to enjoying the sunshine, and it also happens to be the area used for breakfast and lunch, so it is not very peaceful either.

The English in the hotel is of a very poor standard. I asked the reception if they had mosquito bite spray and after much frowning,even although I showed them my bites, the receptionist returned with nail varnish remover. I then said no thank you, showed them m bites again, typed into my mobile 'mosquito bite', the receptionist murmured something incomprehensible, and returned with toilet disinfectant. At this point, I gave up.

Warning to anyone who may plan on changing money at the hotel - the hotel ONLY changes US Dollars, not GBP. There is also nowhere nearby to change money and the banks were closed for my whole stay. I had sterling on me, but nowhere to change is and the hotel was not helpful at all with regard to this. I have travelled to many places in the world, and have never been to a hotel where they do not change even a small amount of sterling.

The hotel is also in the middle of nowhere and the location is not very good if you want to buy a bottle of water, for example, at any time of the day, but especially on a Sunday. Everywhere is shut. I realise that this is provincial Italy, but I would have thought that basics like water should be readily available to buy somewhere locally. There is a hospital nearby and I wouldn't be surprised if that also shut down for the full weekend.

The one good thing about the hotel was the breakfast. It was plentiful and the staff who worked there were extremely pleasant and welcoming. However, that is about the only thing and that alone is not worth the money I paid or the hassle I wen through during my stay. Al Tezzon turned what should have been a relaxing and enjoyable trip into a logistical nightmare due to their incompetency regarding how they charge their guests.

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Glitterballwelshgirl
Al T, Direttore at Hotel Al Tezzon, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

we remember you very well and we are very sorry to read that your stay in our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
I am the Hotel Manager and I will try to answer you but, first of all, I want to apologize for the problems and misunderstandings during your stay.
I think you look a bit confused about the payment issue: you have made the reservation through the Web System and, as usual in this kind of reservations, for safety we proceeded to preauthorize the whole stay.
In the afteroon when you arrived at the hotel you did not pay; you have paid the following day and we have removed the preauthorization just after your payment. This is the proceeding when making reservations through Web System. We are very sorry to read that you have paid twice and that "the hotel was unable to communicate in English at all and claimed not to understand anything I said": this is false and utterly unfair. You have paid once and then we removed the preauthorization: the clerk on duty did it before you and can still remember that she called the green number to remove the preauthorization. The clerk on duty can still remember that she gave you the ticket in which it was indicated the remove of preauthorization. We cannot, and above all, we do not want to know your problems with your bank account.

WIFI: during your stay we had a lot of guests coming from all over Europe, particularly from the United Kingdom. Almost anyone told us they had problems with WIFI because of the lack of connection. We have called our assistance to check the WIFI system and they told us everything was okay. In addition to that, our Staff lent you our IPAD in order to help you.

Did you inform about our location before making the reservation ?
We are located in a village near Padua and Castelfranco. We are far away from the hustle and bustle of towns and this location is highly appreciated for this reason. If you think our location is "in the middle of nowhere" I suggest you to book rooms especially in big towns so as to avoid to finding everything shut on Sunday.
You stayed on Saturday and Sunday and banks are closed in Italy but, like many countries in the world you say to have visited, you can get money by using the credit card. Our Staff gave you information by saying that the bank was next to our building. I am sorry you did not see it.
Moreover, I want to point out that our web site is appreciated because of its beauty and because of its contents: all our facilities are well described and there are pictures of our building. As everyone can see, we have no pool but we have an outside garden in which there are comfortable sits and tables where you can have a drink without noise: my Staff told me you had some drinks late in the afternoon and there was anybody serving breakfast (?) ( I remember you the breakfast is served from 07.00 to 10.00 a.m. ) or lunch (?) ( I remember you the lunch is served from 12.30 to 14.30 p.m. ). The garden is peaceful and relaxing, and many customers love to drink and have a chat there. To be more precise: lunch and dinner are not served in the garden.

I think our hotel was a desappointment for you, but the main reason is due to our location: it is not our fault. We cannot do anything.
I repeat that I am very sorry about your complaint and, if I have to tell you the truth, I am a bit disappointed for your negative remark.

I am desappointed because you did not tell the truth about the payment issue and the hotel facilities. Moreover, our Staff had some problems with you because of taxi. One afternoon we booked a taxi for you and, after some minutes, you cancelled it because you said you had a car. Shortly afterwards, you wanted us to book the taxi for you once again but in the end you decided to go away with someone without saying a word to our Staff. The taxi came and we had problems because you were not waiting for it. I have travelled in many foreign countries, like you, and when I book a taxi I wait for it; otherwise I cancel.
I want to add another fact which is not very clear in your attitude towards our hotel: one evening you decided to have dinner in our restaurant and the waiter confirmed me you ordered wine and food but after some minutes, unexpectedly without saying a word of apology, you left and went upstairs in your room.

At first you say you have paid twice and it not true; at first you order a taxi and then you forget or you pretend to forget it; at first you order wine and food and then you go upstairs in the room without drinking and eating: you can see that your attitude looks a bit confused.

As you can see, I am always ready to understand why things go wrong and how to solve the matter. It is important because my job can get better and I can offer a good service.

I take the opportunity to send you my best regards,

Federico Gallo - Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camposampiero
Ca' Mura, Natura & Resort
#4 of 4 in Camposampiero
Hotel Bristol Buja
Hotel Bristol Buja
#4 of 62 in Abano Terme

Been to Hotel Al Tezzon? Share your experiences!