“FINE CUISINE IN A LOVELY ATMOSPHERE!”
Review of The Gables

The Gables
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Gracious old heritage house welcomes diners to enjoy great food and service and equally pleasant décor.....how lucky are those in the Brighton area to have such a charming restaurant in their town. We celebrated our wedding anniversary with a fine meal - which we thought was very well priced - Escargots à la Bourguignonne, followed by Wiener Schnitzel - a specialty of the house - as prepared by Chef Dieter and served by his charming wife Kirsten. We enjoyed a bottle of wine and finished our delicious meals with a shared crème brulee and specialty coffees...Irish for me and B52 for my husband. The Gables is listed in the National Restaurant Guide “Where to Eat in Canada - we live close enough that we will return more often than we have in the past and we suggest if you are looking for a lovely evening with excellent food and service - you make it a point to reserve a table at The Gables in Brighton, Ontario. You will leave smiling!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Warm attentive service greets you as you enter this gorgeous venue. Started with the warm sesame goat cheese spinach salad (loved the extra touch of just the right amount of edible flowers) - then on to the scallops that arrived perfectly done and closed with the creme brûlée (with arrived as a generous duo flavoured with grand marnier and amaretto).
My daughter selected the apple strudel and described it as heavenly - that delicate crunching noise as her fork went through the lawyers reminded me of spending time in fancy cafes whole growing up in Germany!

Thank Onita make my D... D
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm a little embarrassed that i have never eaten at this restaurant before. We live maybe 15 minutes away. My wife and I were just looking up somewhere new/different to go instead of the same old chain restaurants we always go to. Found this place on trip advisor and there are no bad reviews for good reason. We arrived at just past 5:30pm, right after it opened. We were the first ones in there. The inside of this converted old house is absolutely elegant, the decor is very nice. Our server I believe is the part owner Kirsten. Very lovely lady. We ordered the Slice smoked duck breast for an appetizer, the duck breast was delicious and the spring salad that accompanied it was amazing as well, very good dressing, very light salad. For entree my wife ordered the Roasted Chicken Breast and I ordered the Angus Tenderloin Steak. I've eaten a lot of steak in my life but non that tasted anywhere near as delicious as this steak, it was cooked exactly how I ordered it and melted in your mouth, delicious. My wife's chicken which I helped her eat :) was very moist and tender and had a wonderful crispy crust on the chicken, seasoned beautifully. I don't normally eat desert when I go out but seeing as that the Chef is from Germany I felt compelled to try the apple strudel and that was a great decision. The homemade strudel was absolutely fantastic, out of this world really. The few other couples that came in were all seated strategically so that everyone was not near anyone else. Very private atmosphere, a great place for a romantic dinner. We are in love with this place and can't wait to go back to try it again. It is a little pricey, came to just over $100 but well worth the price.

2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for dinner on out way to Presqu'ile Provincial Park. I think this was the best Schnitzel in eastern Ontario... quality of the ingredients and beautiful interior will elevate your experience with this golden fried treat.

2  Thank yuris63
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a find! This was recommended by a local business owner when we were visiting Ontario. It is situated in a delightful old house painted white with attractive plantings. Inside we were greeted by one of the owners. The roomed were bright and decorated with beautiful art work. The owner served us our wonderful lunch which regrettably I forget what it was 2 months after. What I do remember that everything we ate was fresh, beautifully presented with a desert that followed the main course which was the best apple strudel ever. The flaky crust was so light it almost floated into my mouth. The service was impeccable & given with a smile.
The talented chef and his wife are from Europe and know how to make eating a joy.
Recommended if in the area or make a trip just to experience fine dining at its best. Thank you

1  Thank Carolynberni