The B&B's location in new; owners moved in 6 weeks prior to our arrival. Bearing this in mind, our review considers the fact that given more time, this B&B will showcase as advertised on the website.
We were drawn to this B&B based on reviews and website details; and, because it was near Presu'ile Provincial Park which we wished to visit this summer.
A pre-arrival phone call received from Ruth to provide details was very much appreciated.
Both were excellent. We appreciated the special consideration given to include gluten-free menu items and menu provided day prior to select your menu choices. Breakfast was on time; with plenty of variety for all 4 taste palates.
• Appreciated purified water jug and glasses upon arrival;
• personal set of bath towels set out per guest.
• Very clean bathroom; shared bathroom with second bedroom has two sets of doors so it can be accessed from hallway or bedroom.
• Additional cot provided at no additional charge to us
• Very enjoyable to sit by the shores; or enjoy the outdoor pool.
• As advertised, this home is steps away from Lake Ontario.
• Peaceful; quiet neighbourhood
• Purple Room style with vaulted ceiling and lighting adds to ambience.
• Guest access to bedroom closets and chest of drawers for guest use; currently filled with owner's personal belongings;
• Due to move, the rooms are more cluttered or different than web site photos presented.
• No locks on bedroom doors as with hotels or inns; if this is a concern for travellers.
• Bedrooms all on 2nd floor with access via spiral staircase.
• Rocky shore so crocs and/or proper footware are recommended.
• If you are a traveller looking for varied conversation, you will find your place easily here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serenity On The Lake Bed and Breakfast is a very special B and B. Located on the shores of Lake Ontario near the beautiful town of Brighton, Serenity On The Lake offers you gourmet breakfasts, romantic private suites as well as a number of recreational, educational, gym, spa,and wellness services. Not to mention a wealth of local cultural activities to enhance your time at Serenity. Enjoy all Serenity Bed and Breakfast's facilities, lounge by the fireplace, or relax in the library. Step outside to our private pool that looks across the lake or stroll the beach or walk or bike to near by nature trails to participate in bird watching or hiking. Canoe and explore the local waterways. or take a drive and explore the magical country side that surrounds Serenity.Discover Serenity! It offers a peaceful, friendly and relaxing atmosphere in a luxurious home with private decks and patios to enjoy the beautiful waterfront views as well as quiet corners to relax and meditate on wonders of our world and the privilege of indulging in its treasures. Serenity offers a true getaway experience and a chance to explore and enjoy the peace and tranquility of our little oasis far from the rest of the world. Your host Ruth Morrison and the rest of her team are delighted to be able to share this wonderful place with you and to help make your time away from home a time that you will remember fondly for years to come. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Serenity On The Lake Bed And Breakfast Brighton, Ontario, Canada