“Unique Wellness Retreat in the Country”
Review of Lotus Heart Centre

Lotus Heart Centre
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
Lotus Heart Centre
Toronto, Canada
“Unique Wellness Retreat in the Country”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here as part of a Yoga/Wellness retreat and really enjoyed our experience! We met some amazing people, including the host Andre. Andre led both yoga classes, where I learned more in 2 hours than I have in my entire Yoga practice for 3 years. He prepared several healthy meals (was accommodating of my vegan requirements) and we had some great conversations with the other guests. The location is fairly remote in the country, but close to several towns if you want to get some meals and a taste of the local scene. There was a choice of Indian or Thai massage and it was very personal and relaxing. I definitely recommend attending one of his group retreats - we left feeling very peaceful and ready for the big city again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geoffmarcy

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I spent two nights at the Lotus Heart Centre and can recommend it as a great place to relax and reconnect or to take a step further on your own spiritual journey. It's a beautiful spot, located on 25 acres of land that has walking trails to hike and explore (don't forget your bug spray!) The accommodations are simple, but comfortable, and the yoga room is large and filled with light. The food is vegetarian, plentiful, and delicious. The owner prepares the meals himself and is a creative cook. The yoga classes focus on the spiritual aspects of yoga, including meditation and connection with a universal consciousness, according to the eastern yogic tradition. This style of yoga may be new or unusual to those whose yoga practice is more western style and focused on physical movement, but I encourage people to open their minds and hearts to it. The owner himself is hospitable, kind-hearted and generous. His true goal or purpose is to introduce people to the spiritual aspects of yoga which invite personal transformation and spiritual growth. But even if your goal is a weekend away (alone, with a friend, or as a couple) for relaxation and rejuvenation, you will enjoy the experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tasha182
Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have never experienced anything like this. I am not a yogini (new word I learned) and really sketchy about trying new things. But honestly this was truly a remarkable weekend for me. Went with 7 other ladies, so had fun as a girls weekend. The food was fantastic, (you can bring wine) the yoga instructors were extremely informative, and very personable. We also had treatments included in our packages. Very different from any spa I'd ever been to. Lily did a massage for me and one other girl. Lily is a homeopath, and in an hour and a half (I think she spent a little longer on me) I was relaxed, rejuvenated and hugely informed. Dragosh led us in Yoga and also into meditation. He explained everything to us very simplistically that I could understand. I totally would recommend this even if your not sure "its for you". Keep an open mind.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SueSue1962
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I got a deal on a yoga retreat at Lotus Heart Centre and went with a good friend. The room was spare, but very clean and comfortable. It had a little walk out patio, which I'm sure would be very nice in the summer. No tv, no radio, just quiet! We attended two yoga classes. One wasn't really for me but I loved the second one. We also each got a thai yoga massage, which was super relaxing and quite different from a regular massage. The food was vegan and plentiful. The breakfast was excellent. Everyone there was really doing their best to make sure we enjoyed our stay.

I would recommend a visit here if you love yoga and you want a quiet escape.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends