“A Old Favourite”

and 1 more site!
Mullions Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Street
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Been going to the Mullions for over 20 years on business.
Alas I've made my last visit as retirement(early I may add!!!) loomsa nd I've seen this place at its best and worst.
Stay in one of the new Ground-floor rooms and enjoy the wonderful atmospheric bar and areally hearty breakfast----it's now a great place to be.
Shame they don't do food in the evening as at one it time it was very good.
But there's plenty of places to eat in Street.
Thanks "Mullions" I've enjoyed myself over the years---and I'm sure you will if you give it a try.
Good Luck in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have stayed twice here, once on business and once when visiting Street. The staff are very friendly and the hotel has a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The upstairs rooms are comfortable, if a little basic. The rooms downstairs (slightly higher price) are spacious and worth the extra cost. A nice bar area. I only had breakfast in the hotel which was good on both occasions. Reasonable value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stuart R
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel is on the high street in Street and nicely placed for the clarks village, The rooms were a good size, lovely bed linen tea & coffee tray, breakfast was severed in the dinning room, food was good service a little slow. they only serve breakfast so you have to go out for lunch & dinner.
Parking is out the back a little uneven under foot,

Room Tip: ask for a room in the newer part of the hotel as you avoid the stairs. We had a room on the ground...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I had high hopes for this hotel. It is in an excellent position in the centre of Street, but in some ways that I it's downfall. It was noisy. The windows are ill-equipped to keep out the road noise and the walls aren't thick enough to keep out the noise of other guests. This may not be true of other areas of the hotel though. On the plus side, the staff are very welcoming and friendly, the breakfast and breakfast room were superb and it was clean. The bar is well done and a nice place to relax. For me a good shower is essential and it was hot and very powerful so all good there. Overall I liked it but thought it was a little overpriced. It wouldn't stop me coming back but would look for alternatives first.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Mullions Hotel was a perfect location for our accommodation in Street, England, of the John O'Groats to Lands End cycling challenge. It was also so ridiculously close to Glastonbury and the famous Glastonbury Tor which we climbed after our 105 mile ride. We had three rooms booked at the Hotel and we certainly weren't disappointed with anything upon arriving. We arrived really late due to a long day of cycling, but that was no problem. Our bicycles were stored away safely upon arrival which was a great feature for cyclists.

We asked if we could have an earlier breakfast prior to arriving, so we could get on our way with the cycling for our 10th day of the challenge - this was no problem at all which was brilliant. The breakfast was amazing and the full English breakfast was succulent and tasty. It was fantastic too that the owners donated towards our charity for the cycling that we were doing, and it was a really lovely gesture.

This was a perfect place to stay for us as a cycling group, as it provided everything we needed to relax for our cycling challenge. The owners Mark & Louise were ever so friendly, they pointed us in the right direction for what was our favourite meal of the whole two weeks, and the bedrooms were extremely comfortable with the cost of the rooms being extremely reasonable. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone completing the John O'Groats to Lands End cycling tour and anyone looking for a relaxing place away from the tourists.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here as a group of 5 and I speak for all of us when I say we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The boys in our group were all competing in the cycling challenge, John O'Groats to Lands. The hotel were fully set up for them and had a locked shed where they could keep all of their bikes safely overnight and also the towel rails in the bathroom could be turned on high so the boys could dry their clothes ready for the next day. All the staff were extremely friendly and even supported our charity.

The rooms were beautifully cleaned and the beds were comfy. We did have a minor problem with one of the bathrooms but when mentioned to the front desk, they were very quick and happy to sort our problem. I would therefore have no issue in asking for their help with anything. They were always happy to help. They even recommended an Italian restaurant which was only a 3 minute walk from the hotel which was fantastic.

Room Tip: We enjoyed one of the modern rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed for a few days and really enjoyed the location. Just a few minutes walk to Clarks Shopping Village which was very impressive. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed in August during the heatwave and in the morning we discovered that the radiator was on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Street
1 mi away
Best Western Plus Swan Hotel
Millbatch Farm
Millbatch Farm
#5 of 5 in Glastonbury

Been to Mullions Hotel? Share your experiences!