We are on an extended european holiday and have stayed in 7 hotels so far. All have lived up to their tripadvisor/other reviews, but not this one. The place smells musty, the decore is cheap, and in poor taste ($2 shop feel), outside of your room are owner's personal family photos (made us feel like we were intruding on someone's personal space), the corridor is a junk pile of clutter, so is the area upstairs/kitchen. The website photos are misleading. No wi-fi or tv in room. The location was poor; no views, no attractions within walking distance (summertime 35 Celsius). Owners allude to it being located in 'Quiant Gozitan village of Qala'; be informed the 'village' consists of a small church about 3 restaurants, a British ex-pat bar, and a local bus stop running hourly, surrounded by houses. Ie. a normal quiet Maltese neighborhood. Booking was easy, and owner offers a pick up from the ferry, that's the only positives. We would not stay in this place again, and would not recommend it to anyone.
In spite of our accomodation, we had a great time visiting Gozo and it's people. We would recommend staying in one of the pretty bays for relaxing (eg. Xlendi Bay), or Victoria which has shops, markets, plenty of restaurants, accomodation, and the main bus station if you'd like to make a quick morning start to explore the island's numerous spots.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small and friendly B&B with just 2 guest rooms plus a self contained garden studio.All rooms have their own private shower room. Located in the heart of the village in a quiet alley away from the road. Separate guest entrance leading directly to the ground floor guest rooms and foyer with complimentary tea, coffee, drinking water and biscuits. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- David & Jenny`s Hotel Qala
- David & Jenny`s Bed And Breakfast
- David & Jenny's B&B Island Of Gozo, Malta - Qala