Raymen Beach Resort
Costa Aguada Island Resort(Inampulagan Island)
$37
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$29
$24
Agoda.com
Harbor Town Hotel(Iloilo City)
$26
$24
  • Restaurant
Go Hotels Iloilo(Iloilo City)
$27
$26
$27
  • Restaurant
Kenyama Beach Resort(Guimaras Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsisland hoppingbeach resortmangonice beachsouvenir shopday tourper headjust in casean overnight staya bit priceyfamily roomshort staythe food is greatboat ridepopular resortwhite sanddouble bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed in Raymen for only a night and availed of their Fan room. During our stay there, here are the following things I can share:

Positive:
-Spacious rooms (fan rooms)
-Since it was raining when we came, the room we stayed at was cool enough to get a good night rest. :)
-People are friendly
-The place in general is clean
-Reasonable prices for the food (canteen - main dishes) well except for their snacks (burger and fries + drink) for me, 120 is too expensive for the food we ate.
-Beach was clean but they had a short shore line.
-There were life guards too in case you don't know how to swim.

Negative:
-We were locked outside the beach because the guard didn't see us (we were just sitting in the hena section of the beach (very near their gate!).
-We were not informed that they were locking the gates at night and there were no signs either.
-Our fan room's toilet didn't have a flush!!! :(
-In the fan room, you can hear people talking outside since the walls are just made of light materials and wood (the very same materials you use in building bahay kubo).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at Raymen last Sep for 2 nights in their new building. I didn't expect too much from the resort because of the cheap rate, but to our surprise we were accommodated very well. We ordered our food from the canteen and had it served in our room, the additional 10% service charge was worth it since the food was good and neatly presented. The room was clean, could be because it was newly constructed, but I think it is properly maintained as well. When they made our room, they replaced all the towels, bedsheets, pillow cases and blankets. You can also reach the beach in less than a minute. I would highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms at the new building, the additional cost is worth it. Rm 101 is nearest to the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tintin_Vi
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went there for overnight one long weekend. I was with my husband and my brother. The place was crowded so the only rooms available were at 2700php and 900php. We booked the 900php fan room - to experience the "beach" feel. The room was small with bamboo flooring. The comfort room i may say is quite clean since it looks newly renovated. I noticed they didnt leave towels on our beds so i asked my husband to get some from the front desk, he came back and said the towels are for rent at 50 each. Gosh. Out of need, we rented the towels -old, overused and didnt smell good.
Came 830pm and we were all sweaty in the room. The fan was blowing out warm air, we couldnt sleep, the beddings were grainy, my brother who have allergic rhinitis was compalining of dust evrywhere, my husband said he was bitten by bed bugs, and there was noise under the cottage (its like a motor, maybe for the toilet of the next cottage) After all the complaints i heard, we decided to go to the front desk and ask for a room upgrade. The lady was so inconsiderate. She said, if we want to transfer, we have to pay for the 900php god damn room plus the 2700php. We tried to persuade her, that we didnt expect the room to be so uncomfy, but she still insist on charging us the 900. To our dismay, we went to nearby resorts, unfortunately all were fully booked. We didnt get enought rest, at 5am i was already awake (normally at 7am). I went to the canteen and ordered our breakfast. The food is bad - we ordered chorizo, plus the coffee was 3 in 1, we had to settle for tea.
Checked out at 7am. While packing up, we saw one of our barquirons from trappist got eaten by a rat? (my brother's bet since the bites were big compared to ants and other insects) Or some sort of insect in the room.
Too bad that the hotel - as they call it, has poorer than pension haus standards.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank rj_travelbug
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were able to rent one of the jeepneys waiting at the boat station for Php 450 which brought us directly here so I can not really conclude the accessibility of the resort. Checking in was fast and easy so we were escorted to our huts few minutes after we jumped out of our ride. One of the huts that we got has a floor that has a big hole right outside the bathroom and we only found this out after my little cousin accidentally slipped her leg right in it for it was covered with a doormat. I also recommend bringing a lotion mosquito repellent for there are lots of them. Their beach is very relaxing and safe because aside from the lifeguards, there are partitions that indicates where the water gets really deep. We spent the night playing billiards and singing our hearts out with karaoke.

I would recommend this resort but would advise you to not set your expectations too high.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

been here many times,on daytrips and overnight stays. have brought family and friends here as well. great customer service, very helpful and accommodating. excellent food, tastes so good like home-cooked meals, and the serving sizes are heaps too.mostly good for 2-3 persons. on daytrips, we usually do the island hopping tours (p400 1hour)and swim in the nearby islands, instead of just staying in the cottages (p500) overnight rooms as cheap as p600 fan room for 2pax. ac family p2200 comes with ref. 15-20mins from jordan wharf by trike, p250 per trip, or p500 for roundtrip fits 5persons. will still be coming back here again and again!

Room Tip: request rooms in a new wing, much nicer and newly furnished!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends