TripAdvisor
Argostolion
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the main square great location returned yesterday nice hotel bars and restaurants linen changed regularly our room was cleaned small shower lovely balcony boiled eggs short stay top floor good size yogurt the breakfast area air conditioning every morning
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at Mirabel hotel for two nights. The hotel is located at a corner of the central square of Argostoli. We had a room at the upper floor with a large terrace overlooking the square and the sea at a distance of 50 m. The terrace is facing south-west, so unluckily most of the day it is too sunny to sit outside. The room is nice. All basic necessities, such as an air-conditioning and a mini bar, are provided. The beds are good. At night we could hear the music from the bars around the square, but it did not disturb our sleep. The shower is narrow, but there is a curtain (a curiosity in Greece according to our experience). The rooms are cleaned every day. The breakfast is basic.
A nice hotel providing all what you need, without any superfluous luxury.
P.S.: Walking along the seaside you get to see the sea turtles Caretta Caretta, a well-kept secret.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Giorgos722
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed there with more than 20 students and tutors for a week, because we had a training school on the island. The hotel is really nice, the location is good, the food is delicious, and the staff and their service is actually AWESOME. They are one of the nicest persons I've ever seen. Tried to help with anything they could, smiled, good mood, but at the same time never indiscreet and annoying, just trying to be in the background. It's a unique, family-company as far as it seems. The only bad thing is the shower in the bathroom - it's too small. But anyways, this place was SUPER. Thank you!

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Paczy
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was served like a king at the Mirabel hotel. Very nice staff which meeted my every need. When something didn’t work, they fixed it immediately. Rooms are ok and so is the price (40 euro). Nice balcony with a peek at the ocean. I have to fill you in on the downside: there’s a bar next to the Mirabel with loud dance music. Earplugs will do the trick, again. So you’d think. I woke up ‘cause I heard someone peeing (I even heard him shaking it off), felt disgusted and decided I had to fill you in on this. Bad isolation, again and again.
Nice hotel, I wanted to give it four stars but I have to be true to myself.

More info on Argostoli and Kefalonia on http://homesickme.tumblr.com

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank AnthonyBoussy
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great location on the corner of Plaza Vallianou, Argostoli's central square. We had a spacious room on the top (4th) floor with great views over the roof tops from our balcony (which I think all rooms have). The room facilities were basic but clean. Breakfast buffet was worth getting out of bed for, everything was fresh and tasty (except for the coffee) With the reasonable room rate we would certainly recommend the Mirabel.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colin_Wales
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We spent a week in this hotel. The stuff is very nice and helpful made us feel very welcome. The rooms were very clean...the housekeeper is a gem! The location is great, walking distance from nice restaurants, bars and cafes. Would stay there again!

Date of stay: April 2014